TEENpup (=puppy 2.14) for SATA drives pet?

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
Dromeno

TEENpup (=puppy 2.14) for SATA drives pet?

#1 Post by Dromeno »

I think TEENpup (LEGACYpup) is among the best puplets around, it contains a couple of apps which are not yet available as pet or pup. Tellico and gLabels among others.

My problem is, TEENpup is based on puppy 2.14 and that one does not want to boot on machines with SATA drives. Which means that TEENpup can only be run on machines which are at least a decade old. Teenpup min (based on pupy 4.21) does run on modern machines but lacks the forementioned software.

So... is there a workaround, a like a small pup or pet which makes puppies which are derived from 2.14 recognize SATA drives?

Pelo

Tellico : only on Teenpup

#2 Post by Pelo »

Hello sir, i agree with you.
We dont have anything about collection (or inventory) excepted Tellico,

Tellico is a KDE application for organizing your collections. It provides default templates for books, bibliographies, videos, music, video games, coins, stamps, trading cards, comic books, and wines.

Tellico allows you to enter your collection in a catalogue database, saving many different properties like title, author, etc. Two different views of your collection are shown. On the left, your entries are grouped together by any field you like, allowing you to see how many are in each group. On the right, selected fields are shown in column format, allowing you to sort by any field. On the bottom is a customizable HTML view of the current entry. The entry editor is a dialog box where you enter the data.
Attachments
Monopoly.jpg
games category
(63.16 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
Last edited by Pelo on Wed 04 Feb 2015, 02:49, edited 1 time in total.

James C

#3 Post by James C »

I'm not certain what is different but Ttuuxxx's 214X Top10 has no problems with SATA drives....... posting from it now on a box with SATA optical and hard drives.

Code: Select all

sh-3.00# uname -a
Linux puppypc 2.6.18.1 #1 Thu Feb 1 23:05:39 PUP 2007 i686 GNU/Linux
sh-3.00#
I haven't checked but I assume some additional drivers are included to access SATA.. Possibly something could be incorporated into Legacy OS.

-Computer-
Processor : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+
Memory : 3370MB (163MB used)
Operating System : Puppy Linux 0.21
User Name : root (root)
Date/Time : Sat 29 Dec 2012 11:40:52 PM PUP
-Display-
Resolution : 1280x1024 pixels
OpenGL Renderer : Unknown
X11 Vendor : (null)
-Multimedia-
-Input Devices-