AudioBurn - simple CD burner script

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
TheAsterisk!

AudioBurn - simple CD burner script

#1 Post by TheAsterisk! »

AudioBurn is a Bash script for burning audio CDs.
I wrote AudioBurn because Pburn was giving me all kinds of trouble on a particular HP/Compaq laptop. It ended up being easier to make an audio CD burning script than to install and try out all kinds of other CD burning options.

AudioBurn is not to be confused with audio_burn. They are unrelated beyond both burning CDs.

AudioBurn uses FFmpeg, TiMidity++ (for MIDI files), normalize and cdrecord- all lovely tools. (If you don't have TiMidity++, which can convert and play MIDI files, and if you want it, you can get it here. The thread states it was only tested for Puppy 4.0, but I've run it just fine in both Puppy 431 and 511.)
At last count (assuming no failures or bugs, etc.) AudioBurn can handle *.aac, *.ac3, *.aif, *.aiff, *.ape, *.au, *.flac, *.m4a, *.mid, *.mp1, *.mp2, *.mp3, *mp4, *.ogg, *.wav, *.wma and *.wv files, just as long as your version of FFmpeg can handle those formats. (If Puppy's FFmpeg can't handle certain formats at all- not just individual files- or if extra packages need to be installed, let me know and I'll revise the post and the script as necessary.)

Usage is audioburn /directory/of/audio/files or you can right-click on a directory if in the ROX-Filer and select "Burn Audio CD" from the menu.

More information, should you need it, can be found in audioburn's included documentation (man audioburn).

audioburn-20101112.pet
md5sum.txt

It's about 3.7 KB as a pet package, and about 60 KB once installed.