Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 23 Apr 2014, 09:22
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Off-Topic Area » Programming
BaCon - Bash-based Basic-to-C converter/compiler
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 7 of 36 [526 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, ..., 34, 35, 36 Next
Author Message
BarryK
Puppy Master


Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 7047
Location: Perth, Western Australia

PostPosted: Sat 13 Nov 2010, 21:15    Post subject:  

Thanks vovchik for the .bac files. I have fixed them all in /usr/share/BaCon.

Wary 0.9.8 is now released:
http://bkhome.org/blog/?viewDetailed=01964

_________________
http://bkhome.org/news/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
PjotAwake


Joined: 03 Nov 2010
Posts: 34
Location: The Hague, The Netherlands

PostPosted: Sat 13 Nov 2010, 21:24    Post subject:  

Folks,

Quote:

~/Downloads/bacon/cli-demos $ sudo bacon c mastermind.bac
Starting conversion... done.
Applying indentation... sh: indent: command not found
Unable to delete file: No such file or directory


The 'c' is not needed - if you run 'bacon' without any arguments you'll see the correct usage.

The 'indent' only will be invoked if you use the '-p' option.

If you encounter 'broken' files then please note that there are plain 'bac' files on the website of BaCon also. So for each program listed simply remove the '.html' extension and download the original source.

For example:


Quote:

working now, although "calc.bac" has strange way of adding: 20 + 35 = 2035


I am not able to reproduce this. Did you correctly download the .bac files (see above)?

Regards
Peter
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
ICQ Number 
jpeps

Joined: 31 May 2008
Posts: 3219

PostPosted: Sat 13 Nov 2010, 22:50    Post subject:  

PjotAwake wrote:
Folks,

Quote:

~/Downloads/bacon/cli-demos $ sudo bacon c mastermind.bac
Starting conversion... done.
Applying indentation... sh: indent: command not found
Unable to delete file: No such file or directory


The 'c' is not needed - if you run 'bacon' without any arguments you'll see the correct usage.

The 'indent' only will be invoked if you use the '-p' option.

If you encounter 'broken' files then please note that there are plain 'bac' files on the website of BaCon also. So for each program listed simply remove the '.html' extension and download the original source.

For example:


Quote:

working now, although "calc.bac" has strange way of adding: 20 + 35 = 2035


I am not able to reproduce this. Did you correctly download the .bac files (see above)?

Regards
Peter

Hi Peter,

Seemed to need 'indent' either way.
Code:

~/Downloads/bacon/cli-demos $ sudo bacon calc.bac
Starting conversion... done.   
Applying indentation... sh: indent: command not found


I'm referring to the cli-demo:

Code:
 
   REM Addition
    IF key EQ 49 THEN

        PRINT "Enter first number: ";
        INPUT f
        PRINT "Enter second number: ";
        INPUT g

        PRINT "\nResult is: ";
        PRINT f+g
        PRINT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
NinerSevenTango

Joined: 17 Jun 2007
Posts: 186

PostPosted: Sun 14 Nov 2010, 01:22    Post subject:  

Looks like part of my problem is no opengl installed.

I installed the pets for mesa-7.8.1-s131, because that looked like the latest ones (except for some that look like for a newer version of x-server).

So now I get the dreaded

Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Error: couldn't get an RGB, Double-buffered visual


I made sure to change the Disable to:

Load "glx" #LOADGLX

in xorg.conf.

That's an awful lot of forum searching and fiddling around, and still no luck.

It would be a boon to mankind if someone who had gotten a recent build of Puppy working with all this stuff would release a remastered ISO. <Moaning snipped, I could go to a bloated distro if I didn't want Puppy so bad.>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
PjotAwake


Joined: 03 Nov 2010
Posts: 34
Location: The Hague, The Netherlands

PostPosted: Sun 14 Nov 2010, 01:24    Post subject:  

Hi jpeps,

Can you tell me which version of BaCon you are using? Hope it is build 19. Furthermore, are you using the BASH version, or the binary version?

Note that if you use the BASH version of BaCon, you *must* use BASH 4.x or higher. In case of the binary, it should have been compiled within a BASH 4.x or higher.

If the Kornshell version was used, all Kornshell versions are woking fine.

The calculator (shell version) works fine for me:

Quote:

peter@laptop:~/programming/bacon$ bash --version
GNU bash, version 4.0.33(1)-release (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)
Copyright (C) 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>

This is free software; you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
peter@laptop:~/programming/bacon$
peter@laptop:~/programming/bacon$ ./bacon.bash calculator
Starting conversion... done.
Starting compilation... done.
Program 'calculator' ready.
peter@laptop:~/programming/bacon$ ./calculator

-= BACON Calculator =-

1) Perform addition
2) Perform substraction
3) Perform multiplication
4) Perform division
5) Quit

Enter your choice...
Enter first number: 20
Enter second number: 35

Result is: 55

1) Perform addition
2) Perform substraction
3) Perform multiplication
4) Perform division
5) Quit

Enter your choice...
Thanks for using this calculator!


Please let me know,

Peter
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
ICQ Number 
jpeps

Joined: 31 May 2008
Posts: 3219

PostPosted: Sun 14 Nov 2010, 02:36    Post subject:  

PjotAwake wrote:
Hi jpeps,

Can you tell me which version of BaCon you are using? Hope it is build 19. Furthermore, are you using the BASH version, or the binary version?

Note that if you use the BASH version of BaCon, you *must* use BASH 4.x or higher. In case of the binary, it should have been compiled within a BASH 4.x or higher.

If the Kornshell version was used, all Kornshell versions are woking fine.

The calculator (shell version) works fine for me:

Quote:

peter@laptop:~/programming/bacon$ bash --version
GNU bash, version 4.0.33(1)-release (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)
Copyright (C) 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>

This is free software; you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
peter@laptop:~/programming/bacon$
peter@laptop:~/programming/bacon$ ./bacon.bash calculator
Starting conversion... done.
Starting compilation... done.
Program 'calculator' ready.
peter@laptop:~/programming/bacon$ ./calculator

-= BACON Calculator =-

1) Perform addition
2) Perform substraction
3) Perform multiplication
4) Perform division
5) Quit

Enter your choice...
Enter first number: 20
Enter second number: 35

Result is: 55

1) Perform addition
2) Perform substraction
3) Perform multiplication
4) Perform division
5) Quit

Enter your choice...
Thanks for using this calculator!


Please let me know,

Peter


Hi Peter,

I'm using version 0.110 from the bacon.tar.gz download at the front of the postings. Sounds like updated versions don't require "indent", and maybe the math func works differently. I compiled bash 4.1.0(1) with Lucid 2.3.5, so could give it a try.

Edit. Yes...I just tried bacon.bash, and calc works as is, and no need for indent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
jpeps

Joined: 31 May 2008
Posts: 3219

PostPosted: Sun 14 Nov 2010, 03:29    Post subject:  

gtkabout1.bac compiles and works nicely with bacon 0.110, but with bacon.bash:
~/Downloads/bacon/gtk-demos $ ./gtkabout1
ERROR: signal for SEGMENTATION FAULT received - memory invalid or array out of bounds? Try to compile the program with TRAP LOCAL to find the cause.

Note: error occurs when clicking for child window. Same after compiling new 'bacon' from bacon.bash "BaCon version 1.0 build 19"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
PjotAwake


Joined: 03 Nov 2010
Posts: 34
Location: The Hague, The Netherlands

PostPosted: Sun 14 Nov 2010, 04:36    Post subject:  

Hi jpeps,

What is this program 'gtkabout1'? This one does not appear on the BaCon website.

Note that you were using 0.110 which is really old - it is a beta release of more than a year ago, and only after 1.0 build 1 the BaCon commands and functions were frozen. Programs which could be compiled with beta versions are likely to crash now, for example when they are using a function in a way which is not supported anymore.

Can you dump the code here so I can check it?

Thanks,
Peter
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
ICQ Number 
jpeps

Joined: 31 May 2008
Posts: 3219

PostPosted: Sun 14 Nov 2010, 05:36    Post subject:  

PjotAwake wrote:


What is this program 'gtkabout1'? This one does not appear on the BaCon website.


It's in bacon.tar.gz / gtk-demos. I'm getting similar errors with
other gtk demos, such as GTK-server demo from website...for both
versions of bacon (old and new). Non gtk demos seem to work fine.

Code:

 $ ./gtk-server
ERROR: signal for SEGMENTATION FAULT received - memory invalid or array out of bounds? Try to compile the program with TRAP LOCAL to find the cause.


note: gtkserver-demo in bacon.tar.gz also gets the above error with both versions (old and new) of bacon

~ $
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
PjotAwake


Joined: 03 Nov 2010
Posts: 34
Location: The Hague, The Netherlands

PostPosted: Sun 14 Nov 2010, 06:24    Post subject:  

Jpeps,

It makes sense as the programs in that 'bacon.tar.gz' package are also more than a year old.

So forget about them!

Please use the programs shipped by Puppy Linux, or the current programs hosted on the BaCon website.

For fun I have adjusted the 'gtkabout1.bac' program so it compiles and runs with BaCon 1.0 build 19. Compare with the orignal one and you'll see the differences.

Here is the code:

Code:

' *************************************************
' Program:   gtkabout1
' Purpose:   Demo of GTK about function
' Author:   Jan Bodnar
' Modded:   Vovchik (Puppy forum)
' Added:   added new png, text box, quit routine
' Date:      13 Nov 2009
'
' Modified for BaCon 1.0 build 19 by PvE - Nov. 2010
'
' *************************************************

TRAP LOCAL

GLOBAL NUL TYPE STRING

' ***********
' INIT VARS
' ***********
CONST GTK_WINDOW_TOPLEVEL = 0
CONST GTK_WIN_POS_CENTER = 1
CONST GDK_BUTTON_PRESS_MASK = 256
' ***********

' ***********
' LIB IMPORTS
' ***********
IMPORT "gtk_init(int*,void*)" FROM "libgtk-x11-2.0.so" TYPE void
IMPORT "gtk_window_new(int)" FROM "libgtk-x11-2.0.so" TYPE long
IMPORT "gtk_widget_show_all(long)" FROM "libgtk-x11-2.0.so" TYPE void
IMPORT "gtk_main" FROM "libgtk-x11-2.0.so" TYPE void
IMPORT "gtk_main_quit" FROM "libgtk-x11-2.0.so" TYPE void
IMPORT "g_signal_connect_data(long,char*,void*,long,long,int)" FROM "libgobject-2.0.so" TYPE void
IMPORT "g_object_unref(long)" FROM "libgobject-2.0.so.0" TYPE void
IMPORT "gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file(char*,void*)" FROM "libgdk_pixbuf_xlib-2.0.so" TYPE long
IMPORT "g_object_set(long,char*,...)" FROM "libgobject-2.0.so" TYPE void
IMPORT "gtk_show_about_dialog(long,char*,...)" FROM "libgtk-x11-2.0.so" TYPE void
IMPORT "gtk_check_version(int,int,int)" FROM "libgtk-x11-2.0.so" TYPE char*
' *********** added by vovchik
IMPORT "gtk_container_add(long,long)" FROM "libgtk-x11-2.0.so" TYPE void
IMPORT "gtk_label_new(char*)" FROM "libgtk-x11-2.0.so" TYPE long
IMPORT "gtk_table_new(int,int,int)" FROM "libgtk-x11-2.0.so" TYPE long
IMPORT "gtk_table_attach_defaults(long,long,int,int,int,int)" FROM "libgtk-x11-2.0.so" TYPE void
IMPORT "gtk_button_new_from_stock(char*)" FROM "libgtk-x11-2.0.so" TYPE long
IMPORT "gtk_exit(int)" FROM "libgtk-x11-2.0.so" TYPE void
' *********** end added by vovchik

' ***********
' SUBROUTINES
' ***********

' ***********
' Callback for
' closing window
' ***********

' ***********
SUB exit_prog
' ***********
    gtk_exit(0)
' ***********
ENDSUB
' ***********

' ***********
SUB show_about(long widget, long event, long dialog)
' ***********

    LOCAL pixbuf
    LOCAL v$

    IF gtk_check_version(2,12,0) EQ 0 THEN v$="program-name"
    ELSE v$="name"

    pixbuf = gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file("battery.png", NUL)
    gtk_show_about_dialog(dialog,v$,"Battery","version","0.9a","copyright","(c) Jan Bodnar\nmodded by vovchik","comments","Battery is a simple tool for battery checking.","website","http://www.basic-converter.org","logo",pixbuf,NUL)
    g_object_unref(pixbuf)

' ***********
END SUB
' ***********

' ***********
' FUNCTIONS
' ***********

' ***********
SUB BacMain()
' ***********

    LOCAL window, table, label, button

    gtk_init(0, 0)
    window = gtk_window_new(GTK_WINDOW_TOPLEVEL)
    g_object_set(window,"window-position",GTK_WIN_POS_CENTER,"title","Battery","default-width",220,"default-height",150,"events",GDK_BUTTON_PRESS_MASK,"border-width",15,NUL)

    ' *********** added by vochik   
    table = gtk_table_new(15, 15, 1)
    gtk_container_add(window, table)
    label = gtk_label_new("Click here for child window,\nplease! Pretty please!")
    gtk_table_attach_defaults(table, label, 1, 8, 3, 7)
    button = gtk_button_new_from_stock("gtk-cancel")
    gtk_table_attach_defaults(table, button, 10, 14, 12, 14)
    ' *********** end added by vovchik
    g_signal_connect_data(window,"button_press_event", show_about, window, 0, 0)
    g_signal_connect_data(window,"destroy", gtk_main_quit, 0, 0, 0)
    ' *********** added by vochik
    g_signal_connect_data(button, "clicked", exit_prog, 0, 0, 0)
    ' *********** end added by vovchik
    gtk_widget_show_all(window)
    gtk_main

' ***********
END SUB
' ***********

' ***********
' MAIN
' ***********

BacMain

' ***********
' END MAIN
' ***********


Regards
Peter
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
ICQ Number 
jpeps

Joined: 31 May 2008
Posts: 3219

PostPosted: Sun 14 Nov 2010, 11:49    Post subject:  

PjotAwake wrote:
Jpeps,

It makes sense as the programs in that 'bacon.tar.gz' package are also more than a year old.

So forget about them!

Please use the programs shipped by Puppy Linux, or the current programs hosted on the BaCon website.


Hi Peter,
As noted, the gtk demo from website also gave the error:

Code:

~ $ bacon -v

BaCon version 1.0 build 19 - (c) Peter van Eerten - GPL v3.

~ $ sudo bacon ./gtk-server-new.bac
Starting conversion... done.   
Starting compilation... done.
Program './gtk-server-new' ready.
~ $ ./gtk-server-new
ERROR: signal for SEGMENTATION FAULT received - memory invalid or array out of bounds? Try to compile the program with TRAP LOCAL to find the cause.



Quote:

For fun I have adjusted the 'gtkabout1.bac' program so it compiles and runs with BaCon 1.0 build 19. Compare with the orignal one and you'll see the differences.

Here is the code:

Works better, but doesn't get the battery object like the old demo:
(see attachment)
Code:

~ $ sudo ./gtkabout2

(<unknown>:7908): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed


Edit: I see, you didn't include battery image
Code:

<    DECLARE window, about, battery, image, rv TYPE long
<    gtk_init(0, 0)
<    window = gtk_window_new(GTK_WINDOW_TOPLEVEL)


Thanks for showing differences

Code:

< IMPORT "gtk_init" FROM "libgtk-x11-2.0.so" TYPE void
< IMPORT "gtk_init" FROM "libgtk-x11-2.0.so" TYPE void
< IMPORT "gtk_window_new" FROM "libgtk-x11-2.0.so" TYPE long
< IMPORT "gtk_widget_show_all" FROM "libgtk-x11-2.0.so" TYPE void
---
> IMPORT "gtk_init(int*,void*)" FROM "libgtk-x11-2.0.so" TYPE void
> IMPORT "gtk_window_new(int)" FROM "libgtk-x11-2.0.so" TYPE long
> IMPORT "gtk_widget_show_all(long)" FROM "libgtk-x11-2.0.so" TYPE void

...
gtkabout.png
Description 
png

 Download 
Filename  gtkabout.png 
Filesize  410.46 KB 
Downloaded  215 Time(s) 
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
seaside

Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Posts: 878

PostPosted: Sun 14 Nov 2010, 12:45    Post subject:  

While the topic is hot, I thought I'd ask about this one..

Program BOTD (aka BaCon On This Day) here http://www.basic-converter.org/botd.tar.gz

It compiles with new BaCon build nicely, but hangs here when run at this point
Quote:
# ./botd 2 4

---------------------------------------------
On this day in history: 2 April
---------------------------------------------
The following events occurred:
---------------


No error - just stops at this point.

I really want to find out what happened then?? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Cheers,
s
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
big_bass

Joined: 13 Aug 2007
Posts: 1747

PostPosted: Sun 14 Nov 2010, 12:59    Post subject:  

auto download, compile and install BaCon and
download ,compile and test the 18 basic examples to get started easily and a means to update easily when new versions come out

this will take awhile but it does get you started correctly
*you must have bash 4 or later installed before running this script
it pre installed in TXZ_pup 450

@thanks mechanic for the speed tip bacon test1.bac
updated code to add Xdialog yes or no and broke the program up in two parts

maybe you want to kill all the wget downloads there's a bunch
Code:
pid=`ps aux| grep wget | awk '{print $2}'`&&kill -9 $pid


Joe
UPDATED CODE 11-18-2010 to add syntax highlighting to make it more compact and easy to add more bac files
by using a list added bash version test


Code:

#!/bin/bash


# Joe Arose  big_bass 11-18-2010
# call this  auto-build-compile-bacon
# auto download compile install  and test Bacon and the 18 basic examples
# so you can easily update when needed

# thanks "mechanic" for the speed tip  using bacon instead of bacon.bash for compiling

# thanks seaside for the bash version test
# added syntax highlighting


BASHV=$(bash --version | head -1)
VN=$(echo $BASHV | cut -f1 -d. | sed 's/^.*\(.\)$/\1/')
[ $VN -lt 4 ] && Xdialog --title "bash version test " \
           --infobox "\nBash Version Problem $BASHV installed
---------------> Bash must be version 4 or above for BaCon <-------------------" "\n" 0 0





#   =====================================
#    downoad ,compile and install BaCon
#   =====================================


Xdialog --wrap --title "bacon instlaller" \
        --yesno "Do you want to install bacon  " 0 0

case $? in
  0)
    echo "Yes chosen."
   


rm -f  bacon.bash*
rm -f  bacon.bac*
rm -f  bacon



xterm  -geometry 40x30+150+40 -e wget http://www.basic-converter.org/bacon.bash
chmod a+x bacon.bash


xterm  -geometry 40x30+150+40 -e wget http://www.basic-converter.org/bacon.bac
chmod a+x bacon.bac


xterm  -geometry 40x30+150+40 -e ./bacon.bash bacon.bac

# copy bacon bin into the path
cp bacon /usr/sbin


Xdialog --title "Complete" \
           --infobox "\nInstalling bacon has finished.\n" 0 0 3000


   ;;
  1)
    echo "No chosen."
    exit
   ;;
  255)
    echo "Box closed."
    exit
   ;;

esac


#   =====================================
#    syntax highlighting
#   =====================================

#(0) download the file http://www.basic-converter.org/bacon.lang
     

    xterm  -geometry 40x30+150+40 -e wget http://www.basic-converter.org/bacon.lang

#(1) Create language directory for GtkSourceView:

    mkdir -p ~/.local/share/gtksourceview-2.0/language-specs/

#(2) Copy this file to the new directory:

    cp bacon.lang ~/.local/share/gtksourceview-2.0/language-specs/

#Now start gedit, Anjuta, Scribes etc and the BaCon sourcecode has
#   syntax highlighting!



Xdialog --title "syntax highlighting" \
           --infobox "\nsyntax highlighting has installed.\n" 0 0 3000



#   =====================================
#    download  compile and test  the 18 test files
#   =====================================

Xdialog --wrap --title "test bac downloader" \
        --yesno "Do you want to download the bac examples   " 0 0

case $? in
  0)
    echo "Yes chosen."
   

 

###########################################

clean up old projects
rm -f  /root/bacon-examples/test*

cat << 'EOF' >/tmp/basic-examples
test1.bac
test2.bac
test3.bac
test4.bac
test5.bac
test6.bac
test7.bac
test8.bac
test9.bac
test10.bac
test11.bac
test12.bac
test13.bac
test14.bac
test15.bac
test16.bac
test17.bac
test18.bac
EOF

mkdir -p /root/bacon-examples
cd /root/bacon-examples  #note if not done it goes to root directory
MYURL="http://www.basic-converter.org/"


for i in `cat /tmp/basic-examples`
do xterm  -geometry 40x30+150+40 -e wget -c $MYURL$i


xterm  -geometry 40x30+150+40 -e bacon /root/bacon-examples/$i
Xdialog --title "testing compiler " \
           --infobox "\n$i compiled with bacon .\n" 0 0 3000


BAC_BIN=`basename  "$i" .bac`
xterm -hold  -geometry 40x30+150+40 -e /root/bacon-examples/$BAC_BIN

done
   ;;
  1)
    echo "No chosen."
    exit
   ;;
  255)
    echo "Box closed."
    exit
   ;;

esac






_________________
debian wheezy ,linux mint, slackware I use them all and they all have good points
Mint would be best for general users though

Last edited by big_bass on Thu 18 Nov 2010, 10:17; edited 12 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
mechanic

Joined: 12 Apr 2009
Posts: 29

PostPosted: Sun 14 Nov 2010, 13:39    Post subject: BOTD  

seaside wrote:
While the topic is hot, I thought I'd ask about this one..

Program BOTD (aka BaCon On This Day) here http://www.basic-converter.org/botd.tar.gz

It compiles with new BaCon build nicely, but hangs here when run at this point
Quote:
# ./botd 2 4

---------------------------------------------
On this day in history: 2 April
---------------------------------------------
The following events occurred:
---------------


No error - just stops at this point.

I really want to find out what happened then?? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Cheers,
s



Replace the function CAT(STRING FileName$):

With:

Code:


' --------------------
FUNCTION CAT(STRING FILENAME$)
' --------------------
   LOCAL fileline$, txt$ TYPE STRING
   IF FILEEXISTS(FILENAME$) THEN
      OPEN FILENAME$ FOR READING AS catfile
      WHILE NOT(ENDFILE(catfile)) DO
         READLN fileline$ FROM catfile
         txt$ = CONCAT$(txt$, fileline$, NL$)
      WEND
      CLOSE FILE catfile
   END IF
   RETURN CHOP$(txt$)
END FUNCTION




Recompile and run in a terminal. Works here.

Quote:


---------------------------------------------
On this day in history: 2 April
---------------------------------------------
The following events occurred:
---------------
2097
1792 : US Mint established
1952 : Bernard Ferdinand Lyot, French astronomer (coronagraph), dies
1958 : 18 km south of Taree, NSW, sealing of Pacific Highway between Sydney and Brisbane completed
---------------
The following persons were born:
---------------
2382
1725 : Giacomo Casanova, Italian writer (+1798)
1805 : Hans Christian Andersen, Danish writer (+1875)
1840 : Emile Zola, French author (+1902)
1914 : Sir Alec Guinness, actor
1926 : Sir Jack Brabham, Australian racing car driver
---------------------------------------------
All in all, a very interesting day.


_________________
regards,
mechanic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
mechanic

Joined: 12 Apr 2009
Posts: 29

PostPosted: Sun 14 Nov 2010, 14:02    Post subject: BaCon binary is much faster than the BaCon script  

Hi Joe, just a suggestion here. After you compile and install the bacon binary use it to compile the examples for a big speed increase.

big_bass wrote:


xterm -geometry 40x30+150+40 -e ./bacon.bash bacon.bac

# copy bacon bin into the path
cp bacon /usr/sbin


Xdialog --title "Complete" \
--infobox "\nInstalling bacon has finished.\n" 0 0 3000



At this point the binary is installed and ready so use it for the tests.

Code:


bacon test1.bac
...



The binary is MUCH faster than the bacon.bash file.

_________________
regards,
mechanic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 7 of 36 [526 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, ..., 34, 35, 36 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Off-Topic Area » Programming
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.1381s ][ Queries: 13 (0.0116s) ][ GZIP on ]