added.This menu will also allow you to change window managers to Jwm
or Icewm.

All included E17 themes are By Verdegal37 and where customized for
Macpup by CatDude and Runtt21.

Thank's to everyone that has help or supported the Macpup project:
Ttuuxxx, CatDude, Puppyluvr, Mu, Sneekylinux, Rasterman and all Of the
E17 crew, ZaZoOo, WhoDo Omskates, Cgt_1991. Joel, Russoodle,
GrumpyWolfe, Rokytnji & 01miko.

Extra Thanks to Agust(Verdegal37), The best E17 Themer on the planet.

Special Thanks to BarryK the creator of puppylinux. And PlayDaze the
developer of Lucid puppy.

The .iso is 188 MB.

http://macpup.org/macpup511.php

Macpup forum thread:

http://hardkap.net/forums/topic/macpup-511

The default theme:

The two extra themes:

Demo video by sneekylinux:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qXwQBc-5mQ

Important note about themes, Due to changes in the edje file format older themes need to be updated for use with this build of e17. For themes less than 6 months old you can run edje_convert on and they should work but the setting panel may be messed up.Themes older than that have components edje no longer supports and will crash this build of E.

This version of Macpup will boot to desktop in almost all cases and from that screen you can make adjustments if they are needed or wanted. If it does not boot to a graphical screen, it might boot to a “prompt.
Last edited by runtt21 on Sun 20 Mar 2011, 01:43, edited 5 times in total.

smellyman

#2 Post by smellyman »

Downloading now.

great work

l0wt3ch

#3 Post by l0wt3ch »

Sneekylinux's video doesn't quite do Macpup 511 justice, in my opinion. It just looks fantastic, everything is very polished, this is nicer than Elive.

Excellent work!

James C

#4 Post by James C »

Already given it a good live run.........looks great.Congrats. :)

01micko

#5 Post by 01micko »

first impression....

superb!

:D
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

joel

A few issues

#6 Post by joel »

I'm loving the new macpup but I've come across a few issues. Namely when trying to apply the composite module e crashes so bad I have to delete the /root/.e/e/config folder to get it working again. And also itaskNG has strange artifacts underneath the icons where the shadows should be. Anyone know the cause?

EDIT: I also have had issues with e crashing randomly and I havent found the source yet. In the end it says gadman was unloaded. In other e versions hitting f1 would usually fix e but this hasnt work thus far in this version. hitting f1 only resets e and then it crashes again. ad to illustrate the artifacts under the itaskNG i included a screenshot.

Also quick pet fails when trying to install seamonkey. But was fine through pet get.
Attachments
2.png
(98.4 KiB) Downloaded 2310 times
1.png
(100.45 KiB) Downloaded 2081 times
I am not a Mac, not a PC... I am a Puppy. :idea:

dealora

#7 Post by dealora »

not find the application icon or sound volume

(Juan, Spain)

Karl Godt

#8 Post by Karl Godt »

For Apps : (e) -button left click > Applications

For Sound : Applications > Setup > ALSA or left or right click the retrovol icon in the tray of the taskbar at jwm .

Hadn't been at the other wms until now ... E-16.999.52995 is running fantastic on frugal install !

Another GREAT PUP !
Attachments
right-click-the-shelf.jpg
(40.78 KiB) Downloaded 13946 times

runtt21

#9 Post by runtt21 »

@Joel I dont use composite on my computers so I cant help you with that . I taskng puts a reflection under each icon ,its set up to be on the bottom. I think you have a bad download ,no one had those kind of issues during testing . This has been one of the most stable builds of e for me. I would suggest using arora I have been using it for a while and it is the fastest browser I have tried yet.

@dealora The menu icon is the first thing on the left side of the bottom shelf.

puppyluvr

#10 Post by puppyluvr »

:D Hello,
2:17 sec left in my D/L...
Patience.....
Close the Windows, and open your eyes, to a whole new world
I am Lead Dog of the
Puppy Linux Users Group on Facebook
Join us!

Puppy since 2.15CE...

sneekylinux

#11 Post by sneekylinux »

l0wt3ch wrote:Sneekylinux's video doesn't quite do Macpup 511 justice, in my opinion. It just looks fantastic, everything is very polished, this is nicer than Elive.

Excellent work!
sorry you feel that way mate,but there will be another 3 in this series,explaining more about this new macpup, but as i say to all,just download the iso and give it a try,i can only give a look,i can not give a feel,but hey,it's out there,and this will give peeps the insentive to d/l it and try it .....

runtt21

#12 Post by runtt21 »

This thing has just exploded on twitter. Google had 14 pages under the "last 24 hrs" Almost all of it is just repeating the announcement but WOW.

Dont even ask about the download count .Prit is going to recheck the scripts when he gets home.

l0wt3ch

#13 Post by l0wt3ch »

Congrats runtt21.

@sneekylinux: I didn't mean your video wasn't good, just that you can't really get the feel for how nice it is just watching a video. The desktop experience is much richer in real life!

sneekylinux

#14 Post by sneekylinux »

l0wt3ch wrote:Congrats runtt21.

@sneekylinux: I didn't mean your video wasn't good, just that you can't really get the feel for how nice it is just watching a video. The desktop experience is much richer in real life!
is no problem mate,but you are right,you really do have to use it to get the feel and speed and just the down right beauty of it.
if i was not married i would propose on one knee to this pup...lololololol

joel

#15 Post by joel »

Perhaps It was a bad download because this is the most buggy e17 in a while. And btw the compositing I was talking about was the e module called compositr not anything like compiz of xcompmgr. That and many other modules cause a seg crash of e. I've tried installs on 2 machines and same thing I'll try another download but frankly if the iso burned, installed, and ran I figure the d/l couldn't be bad. A shame to because it was so slick. Anyone else having e crash when usin different modules?

And also the white bars under the itaskng are not shadows thy are white boxes that shouldn't be there. And again it occursnon both installs I've done.

runtt21

#16 Post by runtt21 »

I didn't say shadow ,I said reflection :

And in PCLinuxos :

http://www.divshare.com/direct/13160167-4ec.png

runtt21

#17 Post by runtt21 »

I have uploaded some extra themes on my macpup page. All of the themes are in the MP511-themes.pet. All of the other .pets and .edj files are for older macpup's and wont run in this build of e cause of the edje file format change.

http://macpup.org/runtt21/

This theme LaNocheMP.edj is in the #5 .pet

joel

#18 Post by joel »

Hmm well maybe it is just my download. Sorry I was responding from memory I ment reflection. Did you notice the white boxes under the reflection in the screenshots I posted? I'll have to check it out again then. Please don't confuse my constructive criticism for complaining. I appreciate all the work you guys do to bring e17 to puppy. Just trying to help perfect it. In my opinion this is the best combo. Light and beautiful.
I am not a Mac, not a PC... I am a Puppy. :idea:

runtt21

#19 Post by runtt21 »

Thats cool Joel. This is a very different pup from the others.It's base is a woof build ,It runs great for most but not all.And this build of e is alot different from my others. There have been tons of changes between the .061 snapshot and this "beta" snapshot. This pup may not work great on your boxes . For me it has been rock solid but it may not be for you. You may need to stick with opera 2.0 until the next macpup comes out. I plain on the next one in Jan. After the final snapshot of e gets out.

Joel look at my screenshot and the one from pclinuxos see the "whiteboxes" ? When you have itask on the bottom they look more like reflections. It doesn't look good on top or the sides. Thats why I prefer the ibar.

joel

#20 Post by joel »

So i guess the itask issue is solved then, it's just the way it is. Still strange though. Thanks and I'll report back on the second download and install I'll do.

Btw what do you mean the final snapshot of e? Are they finally going to be finished with it after ten years?

Just one other thing. Is the Edgar gadget loader still in use? I didnt see it but things get moved around all the time when they redo e.