Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 26 Nov 2014, 21:51
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Multimedia
pupRadio (with pupTelly)
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 5 of 9 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
Author Message
bones01

Joined: 11 Aug 2008
Posts: 371
Location: Melbourne, Aus

PostPosted: Mon 07 Jun 2010, 17:08    Post_subject:  

I'm trying pupRadio with Quirky 1.0 but I'm having trouble connecting to some local stations. The preset stations seem to work, but trying to get something else goes nowhere.

I'm sure I'm using the correct URL but striking out. Here's a couple of stations I like to listen to, and found the URL from the "Radio WWW" button.

http://www.abc.net.au/streaming/774/774stream.asx

http://www.pbsfm.org.au/Public/ASX/3pbsfm.asx

http://sen1116.conexim.com.au/sen1116_16.asx

By default it's using mplayer.

Thanks for any help.

Bones

_________________
Dell Latitude D630 running Puppy 5.2.8 frugal, Macpup 525 frugal (if I can get it working again)
Precise Puppy 5.4 live DVD
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
bigpup


Joined: 11 Oct 2009
Posts: 5390
Location: Charleston S.C. USA

PostPosted: Fri 11 Jun 2010, 02:09    Post_subject: Trouble connecting to some radio stations  

bones01 wrote:
I'm trying pupRadio with Quirky 1.0 but I'm having trouble connecting to some local stations. The preset stations seem to work, but trying to get something else goes nowhere.

I'm sure I'm using the correct URL but striking out. Here's a couple of stations I like to listen to, and found the URL from the "Radio WWW" button.

http://www.abc.net.au/streaming/774/774stream.asx

http://www.pbsfm.org.au/Public/ASX/3pbsfm.asx

http://sen1116.conexim.com.au/sen1116_16.asx

By default it's using mplayer.

Thanks for any help.

Bones


I tried to connect to the http://www.abc.net.au/streaming/774/774stream.asx station using mplayer. It would not connect.
I selected use Gnome-mplayer and it connected and played.

Not sure why it would not play in mplayer and would play in Gnome-mplayer?

One thing about streaming audio using Gnome-mplayer:
The cache setting has to be set small or it will take some time for the cache to load before you hear anything.
Cache size in Gnome-mplayer can be changed:
Start Gnome-mplayer
Select-edit-preferences
Mplayer tab
enable cache and set size low (32KB)
Should start playing audio quickly with this setting.

If you play video using Gnome-mplayer the cache size has to be made bigger (If you have a slow download speed for streaming video) to make video run smooth.
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
rjbrewer


Joined: 22 Jan 2008
Posts: 4422
Location: merriam, kansas

PostPosted: Fri 11 Jun 2010, 04:19    Post_subject: Re: Trouble connecting to some radio stations  

bigpup wrote:
bones01 wrote:
I'm trying pupRadio with Quirky 1.0 but I'm having trouble connecting to some local stations. The preset stations seem to work, but trying to get something else goes nowhere.

I'm sure I'm using the correct URL but striking out. Here's a couple of stations I like to listen to, and found the URL from the "Radio WWW" button.

http://www.abc.net.au/streaming/774/774stream.asx

http://www.pbsfm.org.au/Public/ASX/3pbsfm.asx

http://sen1116.conexim.com.au/sen1116_16.asx

By default it's using mplayer.

Thanks for any help.

Bones


I tried to connect to the http://www.abc.net.au/streaming/774/774stream.asx station using mplayer. It would not connect.
I selected use Gnome-mplayer and it connected and played.

Not sure why it would not play in mplayer and would play in Gnome-mplayer?

One thing about streaming audio using Gnome-mplayer:
The cache setting has to be set small or it will take some time for the cache to load before you hear anything.
Cache size in Gnome-mplayer can be changed:
Start Gnome-mplayer
Select-edit-preferences
Mplayer tab
enable cache and set size low (32KB)
Should start playing audio quickly with this setting.

If you play video using Gnome-mplayer the cache size has to be made bigger (If you have a slow download speed for streaming video) to make video run smooth.


I use gxine and ttuuxxs vlc lite on my 4.1.2 and 4.3.1 installs.
I can easily get all 3 of those sites.
The abc site has Win, Real, and Mp3 feeds.
I use vlc for Win and Mp3; gxine for Real.
The other 2 sites I just choose what works.

Neither of these players will work in the new Puppies.

_________________

Inspiron 700m, Pent.M 1.6Ghz, 1Gb ram.
Msi Wind U100, N270 1.6>2.0Ghz, 1.5Gb ram.
Eeepc 8g 701, 900Mhz, 1Gb ram.
Full installs

Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
bones01

Joined: 11 Aug 2008
Posts: 371
Location: Melbourne, Aus

PostPosted: Sun 13 Jun 2010, 17:49    Post_subject:  

Does this mean that I strike out trying to listen to the radio on Lucid Puppy 5.0.1? Crying or Very sad Tried today with gxine and got nowhere, but I expected that.

Bones

_________________
Dell Latitude D630 running Puppy 5.2.8 frugal, Macpup 525 frugal (if I can get it working again)
Precise Puppy 5.4 live DVD
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
bones01

Joined: 11 Aug 2008
Posts: 371
Location: Melbourne, Aus

PostPosted: Mon 21 Jun 2010, 23:27    Post_subject:  

I don't seem to be able to listen to any radio station that I would like to, which is really frustrating. Doesn't seem to matter which player I try, nothing is working. Gxine stops buffering at 10% and gnome-mplayer just keeps trying to connect, but no sound.

Shrank the cache to 32, but still no difference.

Thanks for the thoughts though.

Bones

_________________
Dell Latitude D630 running Puppy 5.2.8 frugal, Macpup 525 frugal (if I can get it working again)
Precise Puppy 5.4 live DVD
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
01micko


Joined: 11 Oct 2008
Posts: 7841
Location: qld

PostPosted: Tue 22 Jun 2010, 06:19    Post_subject:  

Hi bones01

In Puppy 5 if you install the mplayer codecs from the repo (I think they are in the Puppy 4 repo) that may help.

Also, if you run "pupradio" (no quotes) from the command line it may give you some useful debugging information, and if it's not useful to you then paste the info to a text editor, zip it (tar it) up with Xarchive and post it here and I may be able to find a clue.

Most things that don't play are usually codec related.

Cheers

_________________
Woof Mailing List | keep the faith Cool |
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message Visit_website 
01micko


Joined: 11 Oct 2008
Posts: 7841
Location: qld

PostPosted: Sun 27 Jun 2010, 23:59    Post_subject:  

New version 0.6

Now supports VLC

See main post

_________________
Woof Mailing List | keep the faith Cool |
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message Visit_website 
GustavoYz


Joined: 07 Jul 2010
Posts: 897
Location: .ar

PostPosted: Sun 08 Aug 2010, 03:01    Post_subject:  

Thank to all... This software is amazing.
I use it to listen the futbol games of Independiente -my team-, argentinian futbol radio-transmissions when I was "far from home", and always rocks!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
01micko


Joined: 11 Oct 2008
Posts: 7841
Location: qld

PostPosted: Sun 08 Aug 2010, 07:14    Post_subject:  

GustavoYz wrote:
Thank to all... This software is amazing.
I use it to listen the futbol games of Independiente -my team-, argentinian futbol radio-transmissions when I was "far from home", and always rocks!!


I have seen Quilmes brewery.. not bad beer either Wink

I am more of a Rugby fan Wink

Mario Ian Rocks, (and no, I didn't google it, actually have some tracks of his, Rata Blanca and more.. I hear he has been singing Tango!!! Shocked )

I'm glad you are enjoying pupRadio. Smile

Cheers

_________________
Woof Mailing List | keep the faith Cool |
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message Visit_website 
GustavoYz


Joined: 07 Jul 2010
Posts: 897
Location: .ar

PostPosted: Fri 20 Aug 2010, 03:06    Post_subject:  

Quote:

I have seen Quilmes brewery.. not bad beer either Wink

I am more of a Rugby fan Wink

Mario Ian Rocks, (and no, I didn't google it, actually have some tracks of his, Rata Blanca and more.. I hear he has been singing Tango!!! Shocked )


I'm totally agree with the beer issue, it's just not bad.
When I said that I'm from Argentina usually the first word is: Maradona, and no Mario Ian Shocked ...Sad to say it, but he rocks in the past micko, right now he only wors (In Argentina almost all singers wish be good enought to sing tango, so don't surprise about that).
By the way, I love this program (simply, fast, small, useful) and let me thank you again for it. Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
enhu


Joined: 26 May 2009
Posts: 301

PostPosted: Fri 17 Sep 2010, 00:06    Post_subject:  

whats the link to the first default radio?
i have replaced it and i want it back please tell me what is the link to the first default radio Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message Visit_website 
nagromnewo

Joined: 10 Dec 2010
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Fri 10 Dec 2010, 01:17    Post_subject: BBC World Servic
Sub_title: I can't get BBC World Service to work
 

Hi

I'd like to listen to the BBC World Service via PupRadio. I'm listening right now through Chrome on this link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/audioconsole/?stream=live

Can't get it to work with PupRadio/Gxine

Regards,

Owen Morgan
Yacht Magic
Prickly Bay, Grenada, West Indies
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
chrome307


Joined: 15 Jan 2009
Posts: 713

PostPosted: Fri 04 Feb 2011, 10:16    Post_subject:  

Can someone let me know how I can watch BBC News and Sky News using PupTV.

It works in my browser ( Firefox ) but I cannot get it working with PupTV, I am based in the UK.

Sky News:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Sky-Live-TV

BBC News Channel:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10318089

Using Puppy Linux 5.2 with the Mplayer for playback.
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
ttuuxxx


Joined: 05 May 2007
Posts: 10843
Location: Ontario Canada,Sydney Australia

PostPosted: Fri 04 Feb 2011, 10:24    Post_subject:  

chrome307 wrote:
Can someone let me know how I can watch BBC News and Sky News using PupTV.

It works in my browser ( Firefox ) but I cannot get it working with PupTV, I am based in the UK.

Sky News:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Sky-Live-TV

BBC News Channel:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10318089

Using Puppy Linux 5.2 with the Mplayer for playback.

ok first what are the links your clicking on Firefox ? (copy/paste)
then we can help you
ttuuxxx

_________________
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message Visit_website 
chrome307


Joined: 15 Jan 2009
Posts: 713

PostPosted: Fri 04 Feb 2011, 10:48    Post_subject:  

@ ttuuxxx

The above urls are the ones that I use to view back the news content, as a precaution I have also download VLC 1.06 and changed this as the preferred player with no success Sad

Here's the BBC link working in Firefox

http://i.imgur.com/259vk.png
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 5 of 9 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Multimedia
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.0975s ][ Queries: 13 (0.0067s) ][ GZIP on ]