lxpanel-0.5.6-i486.pet

Window managers, icon programs, widgets, etc.
pri

lxpanel-0.5.6-i486.pet

#1 Post by pri »

this is panel for openbox window manager, build and tested using puppy 431.

size : 271kb

mmm.. ..

i cant say anything again , just download install it
Learning by Doing

grimoire

Re: lxpanel-0.5.6-i486.pet

#2 Post by grimoire »

It works fine! :)

GustavoYz

#3 Post by GustavoYz »

By some reason, i can't see a 'menu' icon...
Everything else works fine...

¿Do you know the right path/name to fix it?
¿Do you have the same problem? OR its just me?

Please, see the attached cap.
(I'm running Quirky 1.2 + OpenBox 3.4.11-q1 from PPM)
Regards.
Attachments
Quirklet_desk.jpg
Note the lxpanel (top) without a menu icon.
(150.98 KiB) Downloaded 1385 times

Eyes-Only

#4 Post by Eyes-Only »

Hi GustavoYz! :)

I haven't tried this particular version/compile made by Pri, but I seem to recall in the LXPanel's which I've used in the very recent past that if you left-clicked upon the "start menu's" missing icon you were presented with the option of being able to replace/change the icon. I could be wrong tho.

Another way to do this? Open ROX-Filer: Click on the "eye" icon on top to show all hidden icons. You will see in "root" the directory ".config". Go in there and click upon the "lxpanel" directory folder. In there keep clicking on directory folders until you find the very last ".config" file ( or it may even be named ".panel" ). Open this in your text editor. You can scroll down in that file until you find where the "launch plugin" is found and where the pathway is written to what would appear to be the non-existing icon. Change that pathway to the pathway of another "start menu" icon you may want to use, save the file, restart X, and you should see your new icon in its place. :)

Important! Always remember to back up any/all files before changing them just to be safe from accidents!

I hope this has helped GustavoYz. Let us know, okie? I apologise so very much ( ilo siento mucho! :( ) if my directions are not very clear - but I am not in my normal Puppy install with the LXPanel.

Cheers/Amicalement!

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge d'Acadie"
*~*~*~*~*~*
Proud user of LXpup and 3-Headed Dog. 8)
*~*~*~*~*~*

GustavoYz

#5 Post by GustavoYz »

Many, many thanks Eyes-Only...

That's what work for me:

-Into this file: /root/.config/lxpanel/default/config, i overwrite the image path on the 'menu' category. This is how my config file looks, after copying a Quirky image into the path:
Plugin {
type = menu
Config {
image = /usr/share/lxpanel/images/quirky.png
system {
}
As i know that you're 'eyes-only' (is your nick a reference to the great Monet?), i'm posting a little screeny as attach of the LXpanel now... I have to change the 'alpha' of that image background when i have time.

Thanks for your help!
Regards, GustavoYz.
Regards 8)
Attachments
Quirky_panel.jpg
Lxpanel, fixed menu image.
(42.22 KiB) Downloaded 3267 times

Eyes-Only

#6 Post by Eyes-Only »

Great GustavoYz! Glad that I was able to give you some small idea that helped you - even though my description was so very vague! :? You did an excellent job!

GustavoYz wrote:"As i know that you're 'eyes-only' (is your nick a reference to the great Monet?)..."
Ahhh... no. My nickname comes from a very old science fiction programme that was once popular in the USA approximately 10 to 15 years ago by the name of "Dark Angel". One of the main characters in there was a "computer geek" in a wheelchair and his nickname was "Eyes-Only". I admired this actor and character very much. ( The actor now stars on "NCIS" as the character "DiNozzo"... Michael Weatherly is his real name. )

Again, Glad I could be of some small help. :)

Cheers/Amicalement,

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"
*~*~*~*~*~*
*~*~*~*~*~*

GustavoYz

#7 Post by GustavoYz »

Thanks!
It works...

<Almost Off-Toppic part>
...Ahhh... no. My nickname comes from a very old science fiction programme that was once popular in the USA approximately 10 to 15 years ago by the name of "Dark Angel". One of the main characters in there was a "computer geek" in a wheelchair and his nickname was "Eyes-Only". I admired this actor and character very much...
Oooops, sorry... too much Harrison articles...
Explain my confusion quickly: A critic once said about Monet -on that time- that he was "only eyes" (as despective commentarie, no imagination, no 'meaning' or 'sense'...). Degàs reply: "yes, could be... But what eyes!"
</Almost Off-Toppic part>

Thanks for the help! Regards.
GustavoYz.

<Almost Off-Toppic part, again>
((Jessica Alba memories coming to my head 8) ))
</Almost Off-Toppic part, again>

`f00

#8 Post by `f00 »

Looking forward to trying this more recent version out and thanks all - lxpanel is so adaptable with profiles to match it to many other wms' (besides openbox) special and varying needs if you arrange them differently. It's nice to graphically 'dress up' those wm with iconless rootmenus (such as blackbox, wmx and perhaps pekwm) and include a few extras.

Some few pup-logo's in this topic, but they'd need a resize/scrunch .. dagnabbit, you would remind me to fix the alpha and clean up my pink-tongued q-dog! (the old .xpm? I was using is a bit rustic but serves in a jwm tray at the moment .. seems happy enough with an "arf" popup since he can't say menu just yet)

ah, many recall Jessica ;) , then I got sidetracked by fleeting memories of a short-lived tv (usa) series about a bicycle messenger service.. :lol: so many options never made it but thankfully a few well-dones like Fringe keep on and help to feed the writers.

Eyes-Only

#9 Post by Eyes-Only »

You've mentioned about using the LXPanel with other window managers Foo? I've enjoyed the manner in which Tux has employed Metacity side-by-side with the XFCE4-panel - very slick-looking indeed! :shock: Especially if you have a really great-looking gtk2 engine & theme installed. With my ClassicPup-214X I happen to use "Overglossed" and it gives a very stunning look to his Puppy and hard work. :D

A really great example for me with the LXPanel: Instead of using the XFCE4-panel as Tux has done, I've "ripped" out his Metacity and settings and placed them into my own personal version of Puppy ( for my enjoyment ) and then used LXPanel. VERY lite-weight and incredibly FAST! Add to it a good install of the wbar.pet floating about ( the one which has a configurable GUI? ) for your "most-frequently used apps" and you have a definite winner by far!

Long Live Puppy and its Diversity!

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"
*~*~*~*~*~*
*~*~*~*~*~*

magerlab

#10 Post by magerlab »

i found a very irritating but with keyboard laout indicator of new version of lxpanel

it doesn't change the flag or disappears from panel

this is not puppy bug but lxpanel's.

to fix this you have to add setxkbmap command before lxpanel is started

i use openbox autostart.sh

or maybe it will work with a script placed into /root/Startup

theZoid

#11 Post by theZoid »

Hi...I've installed this lxpanel....may I ask:

Where do I go to set lxpanel as the default panel for Openbox? Right now the default panel is coming up, whatever that is :) I'm new to Puppeee....using a full install of Puppeee on a netbook atm...

thanks much!
[b]DΞLL Precision M6500 "Big Dog"[/b]: i7-820QM w/USB 3.0, 8.0GB DDR3-1333, Intel x-25M 160 G2 + 500GB 7200.3, nVidia Quadro FX 3800M 1.0GB DDR3, RGBLED, Intel 6300 //W7P x64/[b]Saline OS Xfce x64[/b]
[b]MSI Wind Netbook[/b] Puppeee Linux (atom)

musher0

#12 Post by musher0 »

Many thanks for this, pri. You're saving us a lot of time compiling the thing.
TWYL
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

musher0

#13 Post by musher0 »

(Edited Feb. 06, 2012.)

Hello, Gustavo, pri, Eyes-Only and all other two-legged puppies who will see this! :-)

If you're interested in lxpanel, you may find the attached useful.

lxmed is a menu editor for lxpanel. Released Jan. 9, 2012... There must have been some good vibes in the air! Website, here: http://lxmed.sourceforge.net

Requires lxpanel, of course, and a java JRE. I modified the start-up script since in Puppy we are always in root, and distributed the files in the folder hierarchy in the usual Puppy fashion. I also changed the version number to reflect the Puppy modifications.

Enjoy!
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)