Make Grub4Dos recognize iso's automatically?

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
Dromeno

Make Grub4Dos recognize iso's automatically?

#1 Post by Dromeno »

It is great that Grub4DOS has made it to a standard puppy application. It is so simple to use!

...just run the puppy universal installer, throw all bootable files in one directory, run Grub4DOs and the multiboot system works.

But perhaps it can even be done easier. Grub4DOS seems to be able to boot from .iso

http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/nix ... 01s02.html

So in theory it should be able to put a bunch of Puplet .iso files on a drive, then run Grub4DOS and everything is set up.

But for some reason GRUB4DOS does not do that all by itself. So, is it possible to patch that with some clever puppy script?

nooby

#2 Post by nooby »

I have not read that text but I guess it only work on a FAT formatted USB and not on a NTFS formatted HDD. One need special code that is pretending to be a CD but applied to a USB memory.

But Grub2 is supposed to be able to mount anything on a HDD if I get it but I am not on that level to get how to do it.

Can you show me the code for doing it then? :) How do you get persistence from Linux Mint frugally installed on a NTFS internal drive?
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though

Dromeno

No NTFS if I can avoid it

#3 Post by Dromeno »

Sorry I do not use NTFS for anything else than the windows partition.