Pudd refusing target partition

Please post any bugs you have found
leon_p

Pudd refusing target partition

#1 Post by leon_p »

hi there,
may be that i've overlooked something, but when trying to restore a backup made with pudd from partition hda1 to hdb1 i run into the following error:
"Sorry, the destination partition is too small. The source
/mnt/hdb8/Win2k_3G.tmp is 2097151 Kbytes but the destination
/dev/hdb1
/dev/hda7 is Kbytes. Try again..."

...when i try to resore it on hdb2 the error is:
"Sorry, the destination partition is too small. The source
/mnt/hdb8/Win2k_3G.tmp is 2097151 Kbytes but the destination
/dev/hdb2
/dev/hda9 is Kbytes. Try again..."

...the strage thing is:
1.) Win2k_3G.tmp is according to rox 2759 MB (what corresponds to the original partition)
2.) both hdb1 and hdb2 are 3277 MB - so there should be enough space
3.) why is pudd showing an additional destination? (hda7 when choosing hdb1 and hda9 when choosing hdb2).

i'm experimenting on this machine with several win-versions and would like to use pudd to restore the image used. when starting to experiment with pudd i had the problem the other way round, having two sources in the error-message, even i've clicked only on one partition to backup... later it did work on this machine for a particular case, now after repartitioning hdb again a prob...

does anybody knows a work-around? i would like to stick with puppy to do the job, because it's a great environment :-) :-)
best regards ,
leon

BarryK
Puppy Master

#2 Post by BarryK »

it's been ages since i worked on pudd.
it probably has bugs! ...if anyone wants to hack on it, they're welcome, cos I don't know when I'll be able to get around to it.

leon_p

may be ddrescue will do the job

#3 Post by leon_p »

hi barry,
thx a lot for your reply, unfortunately i'm not a programmer, otherwise i would try to have a look on it - may be on the next long winter-evenings i will try to install ddrescue which has a reasonable small footprint - this should do the job...
thank you for your excellent job! :-)
best regards,
leon