SDL seriosly WTH

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
ColdCactusKing

SDL seriosly WTH

#1 Post by ColdCactusKing »

Im new to Linux in general and iv been trying to install SDL through source code and its just not happening..... Someone sent me a link to another puppy website of sorts but the .pet for puppy 5 404s if someone could help me out here it would be deeply appreciated and save me alot of already pent up aggravation.... Thank you very much! (Ijust wanna play some games man!) Have a good night folks and again thank you!

GustavoYz

#2 Post by GustavoYz »

Hi...
Are you needing libSDL or just SDL -mame emulator-?
The mame pet 'sdlmame' its on the Puppy Package Manager (PPM on the kennels 8)). Check the 'fun' category to get it.

If its just the library, check this version::
http://www.tdem.co.nz/linux/files/libSDL_full.pet
Also check the PPM for the libs and you'll find some.

By the way, posting the name of the game and the version of the lib as you see after running the 'Missing Deps' app, you'll have a more specific answer...

Hope it helps.

ColdCactusKing

#3 Post by ColdCactusKing »

Well funny enough, nothin.... It doesnt matter what game I try to run if its warzone 2100 or freeorion or whatever.... Im calling it quits with puppy sorry mate this is just to irritating for me to handle.

GustavoYz

#4 Post by GustavoYz »

Sorry to hear that...
Check out this Free Orion post, which have instructions and a SFS file with the game+deps: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=64407

Edited: Oops, you're already posting in it...

ColdCactusKing

#5 Post by ColdCactusKing »

Yea but we havnt made any progress with these issues yet due to user error on my end...