aTunes 2.0.1

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
Dromeno

aTunes 2.0.1

#1 Post by Dromeno »

After comparing different puppy friendly music managers / jukeboxes (amarok, atunes, cactusjukebox, jukes, jajuk and javatunes I think I will stick to the aTunes because it is can do the most things with a relatively small memory footprint.

Jajuk would even be better (despite it is not memory friendly) if only the DJ function would work but since it does not (no matter if you try the Puppy, Ubuntu or Windows version), aTunes is the one of choice for me.

But... I can not get a more recent pet than aTunes 1.10

so can somebody pleae be so kind to offer the most recent version?

trapster

#2 Post by trapster »

Atunes is run with java. Just download it and run it. Of course, you'll need java installed.
trapster
Maine, USA

Asus eeepc 1005HA PU1X-BK
Frugal install: Slacko
Currently using full install: DebianDog

TheAsterisk!

#3 Post by TheAsterisk! »

While trapster is right, I know I always like to make myself dot-pets, so that I can track my chaos in the package manager. (I'm kind of absent-minded and tend to forget what I've installed or edited otherwise.)

The *.deb package on atunes.org worked, but being the distrusting, meddling guy I am, I made a dot-pet so I could check out the *.desktop file and icons.

I've made a thread in the Multimedia subsection if you still want a dot-pet.
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=64949

Dromeno

Thanks!

#4 Post by Dromeno »

Cool. Thanx!

BTW, I know this is the wrong thread for this question but with Jajuk: do I do something wrong or is the dj function in that program really flawed? You are supposed to be able to instruct jajuk to play 20 percent rock / 80 percent disco or whatever but if you do that the playlist does not load. I am afraid we have to wait for the Jajuk crew to fix it but I am not sure...

Pelo

2016 aTunes 2.0.0 run with Java

#5 Post by Pelo »

2016 aTunes 2.0.0 run with Java. Jukes too. Jajuk is the more complete.
Jre applis are vintage !
I am cooking a Puplet for me at home with Java applis. I include Jukes, Jajuk and Atunes will be loaded on the Fly depending of my feelings.