Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon 21 May 2018, 03:26
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Hardware
Need a coach to help me to remaster a CF
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]  
ELMIT

PostPosted: Sun 14 May 2006, 22:49    Post subject:  Need a coach to help me to remaster a CF  

It takes me already weeks to get a new CF remastered.

Is there anybody out there who could spend some mintues to walk with me via msn over it? My MSN is ronald@elmit.com

My environment:
Celeron with a SuSE hard disk, whereby the Puppy 1.08 Live CD uses the boot partition as it's development partition (Linux 83)

A board with a CF only, but can have also USB drives, where I use my USB flash drive.

I am logged in to both via VNC from a windows machine and can so use MSN as well.

Problem 1: The board has a different sound card (unsolved how to bring the new compiled version to the board, since the)
Problem 2: I need a newer version of sane. I could complie it on the celeron, but how can I bring it over to the board?
Problem 3: All sound programs I found uses Xine, but I need to play from the command line.
Problem 4: I do not need at this stage graphic, but later! However, I need to reduce as much as I can from the boot time, which is most likely done by removing any kind of office programs, and Mozilla.
Problem 5: VNC does not want to start automatically, although I have already the lines
Code:
mkdir -p /var/empty
/usr/sbin/sshd
#
/root/my-applications/bin/vncserver

in /etc/rc.d/rc.local

Thanks a million.

bye

Ronald Wiplinger
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Hardware
Jump to: