Need a coach to help me to remaster a CF

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
ELMIT

Need a coach to help me to remaster a CF

#1 Post by ELMIT »

It takes me already weeks to get a new CF remastered.

Is there anybody out there who could spend some mintues to walk with me via msn over it? My MSN is ronald@elmit.com

My environment:
Celeron with a SuSE hard disk, whereby the Puppy 1.08 Live CD uses the boot partition as it's development partition (Linux 83)

A board with a CF only, but can have also USB drives, where I use my USB flash drive.

I am logged in to both via VNC from a windows machine and can so use MSN as well.

Problem 1: The board has a different sound card (unsolved how to bring the new compiled version to the board, since the)
Problem 2: I need a newer version of sane. I could complie it on the celeron, but how can I bring it over to the board?
Problem 3: All sound programs I found uses Xine, but I need to play from the command line.
Problem 4: I do not need at this stage graphic, but later! However, I need to reduce as much as I can from the boot time, which is most likely done by removing any kind of office programs, and Mozilla.
Problem 5: VNC does not want to start automatically, although I have already the lines

Code: Select all

mkdir -p /var/empty
/usr/sbin/sshd
#
/root/my-applications/bin/vncserver
in /etc/rc.d/rc.local

Thanks a million.

bye

Ronald Wiplinger