xfm filemanager

Filemanagers, partitioning tools, etc.
goingnuts

xfm filemanager

#1 Post by goingnuts »

Attached xfm-1.5.4 compiled in P412. Included libXaw3d. You get drag and drop from at binary only weighing 166K installed and using 3800K running. Source code from ubuntu repo - and so is the libXaw3d libs.
Total size of dependencies approx. 2800K

Update 160311: The attached version is missing the dbl click action to "go up dir". Working on a earlier version where this is fixed and where normal libXaw is used.
Last edited by goingnuts on Wed 16 Mar 2011, 21:06, edited 1 time in total.

technosaurus

#2 Post by technosaurus »

Did you try to compile it against Xaw7? It is included by default in 4.X (though not in PupnGo) & IIRC it is compatible with Xaw3d
Check out my [url=https://github.com/technosaurus]github repositories[/url]. I may eventually get around to updating my [url=http://bashismal.blogspot.com]blogspot[/url].

goingnuts

#3 Post by goingnuts »

technosaurus wrote:Did you try to compile it against Xaw7?
No -but it should be possible - maybe also libXaw95 could be used...they are all more or less same size.
I did spend some time on getting xfm-1.3.2 compiling - needs xmkmf - which did not work in my P412. One solution was to install xutils-dev_7.2.ds2-1ubuntu1_i386.deb - then I could configure/compile - but could not get icons to show right.

So when I found the xfm-1.5.4 (which have a configure option) I just made that one. Runs in pUPnGo also if all deps are provided.

Sort of pre-ROX approach - just using 1/8 of the recourses.

Guess some of the Xlibs could be compiled in static to reduce the total size on disk.
Update: It wont build against Xaw7:

Code: Select all

undefined reference to `threeDClassRec'
(guess that could be hacked away).
Builds ok with Xaw95 but menu hangs.

Command to start application manager only: xfm -appmgr
Command to start file manager only: xfm -filemgr

goingnuts

#4 Post by goingnuts »

Attached a previous version linked with Xaw7 (not needing Xaw3d). bin size is around 150K. Now mouse click is working etc. A very descent GUI file manager with drag´n drop features as well as an application manager (can be used as a replacement for desktop icons...if you know what I mean).
The creative person can change icons to more Puppy/ROX like appearance if wanted. Seems to use approx. 1/10 of the resources ROX do.
Attachments
xfm-1.4.3-i486.pet
(166.69 KiB) Downloaded 976 times

`f00

#5 Post by `f00 »

.. I have just the place (or 2 or a dozen) for it. A low-rent launcher is a good thing.

Use rox icons? nah - these are charming .. yep, gonna edit that mounter yet again ^·^ .. what's a desktop icon?