Tagline under forum username

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
nduanetesh
Ultra Super-stud

Tagline under forum username

#1 Post by nduanetesh »

Hey,

How do I go about getting one of those nifty tag lines directly under my username when I post to the forum? Do you have to be admin or something? I'm imagining something like "ultra super-stud" or something, but that hasn't gone through final revisions yet. it might end up more like "guy with difficult-to-pronounce username".

ND

...thinking that maybe I shouldn't post to the forum so late at night...

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#2 Post by Lobster »

Click on profile (under FAQ) top of screen and alter signature. - I am thinking of changing mine to "Sanity Claws is Real" (maybe for Christmas).
:shock:
However I have recently converted to Dudism - Not so much a religion more a way of life . . . Whatever you use make sure it is very kewl - the Puppys are watching . . .
:roll:
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

nduanetesh
Ultra Super-stud

#3 Post by nduanetesh »

...testing...
Ultra Super-stud-in-training

nduanetesh
Ultra Super-stud

#4 Post by nduanetesh »

Hrmm....no good Lobster. As you can see (and as I thought), a signature gets attached to the bottom of the message. I'm looking for a spot of text to appear directly under my username to the left of the message, such as where yours says, "Official Crustacian". How do I do that?

Pizzasgood

#5 Post by Pizzasgood »

No, you can't edit those, but I guess if you're really helpful, charismatic, and lucky, you get smiled on by the great Murga and possibly recieve one. :wink:
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

nduanetesh
Ultra Super-stud

#6 Post by nduanetesh »

Ah, such is as I originally suspected. Thanks, Pizza.

JohnMurga
Site Admin

#7 Post by JohnMurga »

No, you can't edit those, but I guess if you're really helpful, charismatic, and lucky, you get smiled on by the great Murga and possibly recieve one. Wink
Wow ...

"The great Murga"

That'll do it ;-)

Cheers
JohnM

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#8 Post by Lobster »

Sorry I misunderstood the question. :oops:

nduanetesh
Ultra Super-stud

#9 Post by nduanetesh »

JohnMurga wrote:
"The great Murga"

That'll do it ;-)

Cheers
JohnM
So, all I have to do is pay proper respect to the enormously generous, wise, helpful, intelligent, handsome, dynamic, ...urm...tall...

...virile...

...uh...

...generous...--oh, wait, I used that one.

...super-cool, crazy-go-nuts forum admin that the ladies are all up ons (kudos to you if you get that reference), and I will get a tag line? Well, here goes:

You are the great Murga, duly seated at the right hand of Barry Kauler, Godfather to us all. You touch each of us every day in a non-creepy way by giving us this space in which to discuss Puppy linux and toss around transparent compliments in an attempt to get a goofy tag line. We are all, every one of us, from the Antediluvian Overseers of Puppy Linux, to the newest of the noobs, deeply in your debt. And on behalf of every one who uses this forum, I say, "Thank you, great Murga".

So...that should be enough a$$ kissing, right? Can I be the Ultra Super-stud now?

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#10 Post by Lobster »

Perhaps he should be made to do a forfeit - answering all newby questions for a week - a new page on the wiki. Super Stud duties serving the IRC

:lol:

Something to prove he is worthy :idea:

I am certainly worthy - just not sure for what . . .
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)

JohnMurga
Site Admin

#11 Post by JohnMurga »

Have a look...

Best I can do until you REALLY impress me.

"Ultra Super-stud" is a pretty serious title.

And I don't mean ass-kissing, I mean creating packages or putting time in at the wikki, etc ;-)

Cheers
JohnM

nduanetesh
Ultra Super-stud

#12 Post by nduanetesh »

HAHAHAHA

My initial reaction was "Wannabe? OUCH!" But I understand that the title of Ultra Super-stud is a pretentious one and as such it seems right that I should have to prove myself for it. So, off I go to learn about this "Wikki" you speak of...

BTW, I have been trying to address some noob questions around here lately, but I am mostly a hardware guy, so ask me about SATA or PCI-Express or Terabyte RAID arrays and I'm your guy. Ask me how to find a file with GTKcat, and I'll just stare at you blankly. :-( Doin' what I can, though!

Now, off to learn how to edit the Wikki!

ND

PS. Thanks, JM
PPS. Seriously, I have no idea how to find a file with GTKcat. Of course, I could just google for some info...

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#13 Post by Lobster »

Hey nduanetesh good luck in your sought after Stud status,
8)
The Wiki (register with a CamelCase (see front page) name
(here is a tip for you "NduaneteshSuperStud" is still available)

People make a fuss about wikis but you can go around offering constructive comments (much appreciated and easy)

Editing - just press edit at the bottom of the page and stick in your text

The thing is "Learn and create" at the same time

Another good way to get your full and highly sought after super stud status is checking and reporting bugs for 1.0.2RC to Barry or staying on "Helping Paw" duty on the IRC forum
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)

JohnMurga
Site Admin

#14 Post by JohnMurga »

Lobster, words of wisdom as ever ;-)
Another good way to get your full and highly sought after super stud status is checking and reporting bugs for 1.0.2RC to Barry or staying on "Helping Paw" duty on the IRC forum
This is very true, often we get new users who are in the midle of trying something popping into IRC, and currently there isn't enough of us on IRC to give the level of support we'd like.

You can go into IRC with a client, or just click on the chat icon at the top of this forum.

nduanetesh - Don't worry, I have seen your posts, you are well on your way, if it was easy to get it'd hardly be worth it would it ;-)

Cheers
JohnM

nduanetesh
Ultra Super-stud

#15 Post by nduanetesh »

ah-HA! I have just noticed that my status has been upgraded from Wannabe to Ultra Super-stud (in full effect)! I am deliriously happy! Thanks, JM

Lobster, I was thinking of adding a page to the hardware section of the wikki to list USB keys that people have found to be particularly Puppy friendly. (I've had three and only one has really worked like I wanted it to.) Do you think this is a good idea?

Wow...Ultra Super-stud. Mom will be so proud. :D

ND

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#16 Post by Lobster »

Make your momma proud - start the USB wiki page

If we know what hardware works well and we are specifically looking to run Puppy this would be a help
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)

nduanetesh
Ultra Super-stud

#17 Post by nduanetesh »

Lobster...I think I broke the wikki.

Ok, it's not really that bad, but I finally registered tonight and decided to start small by editing the modem details page, to let everybody know that the modem I use suddenly Just Works, and you don't have to follow all of those directions I put together a while back. Well, I have somehow managed to bold all of the text that I edited and everything below it on the page....which is almost the entire modem details page. I have no idea how I did it, and I don't know html at all (I'm guessing that the wikki is in html) so I couldn't figure out how to fix it. Can you help me out, please?

On a brighter note, I *did* get the text edited. :D

And not to sound like I'm shirking my duty or anything, but maybe you should create the USB Key page and I'll hop on and write some blurbs about the keys I have. (Couldn't find any obvious place for creating a new page.) I'll stick to answering newbie questions here and will give the IRC a shot next.

ND

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#18 Post by Lobster »

[quote="nduanetesh"]

Lobster...I think I broke the wikki.

ND[/quote]

NO! :oops:

LOL - can not be done - you can not break a wiki - no worries. Wikis do not use HTML (though they can)

I will go have a look shortly

Thanks for having a go :)

You will soon get the hang of it

Here is the requested USB link - hey not just keydrives but USB :)
http://www.goosee.com/puppy/wikka/PuppyHardware

[b]Here is some bold [/b]- let us see how it works out
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)

nduanetesh
Ultra Super-stud

#19 Post by nduanetesh »

Popped in on the chat room again tonight...nobody there...again. I'm beginning to think that this whole "IRC Chat room" is just an elaborate haox you're all playing on me...or maybe I need to stop in at some more reasonable times...

And Lobster, I'll add some items to the USB wikki page tomorrow night. Just didn't want you to think I'd forgotten. :D

BTW, I really like the icon of the guy holding his breath: :oops:

ND