MijnPup: LibreOffice 3.3 (Final version) Firefox 4.0 (b10)

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
chrome307

#41 Post by chrome307 »

@ puppymartin
Remastering Puppy is not difficult. To make a "diet" Mijnpup:
Start Mijnpup with pfix=ram.

Then, delete:
/opt/libreoffice
/lib/firefox

Then: Menu -> Setup -> Remaster Puppy Live-CD
Answer the questions, wait a few minutes and a smaller Mijnpup.iso is there.
I have done this, but would like to know how I remove the items from the menu?

After remastering, I have the LibreOffice suite still listed in 'Documents'

Thanks in advance! :)

puppymartin

#42 Post by puppymartin »

Before remastering 5.2/MijnPup, you must fix the menu.

Open terminal:
# /root/Startup/run_fixmenus
and:
# fixmenus

Then you have two new menu-files you need in your new remaster:
/root/.fbpanel/default
/root/.config/openbox/menu.xml

Succes!
[url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=58960][b][color=black]Browserlinux[/color][/b] 401[/url] | [url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=60718][b][color=black]MijnPup[/color][/b]: LibreOffice and Firefox 4[/url]

chrome307

#43 Post by chrome307 »

Thanks for the tip!

Hopefully I will managed to to do it right this time :)

Regards

myke

Kernel Version Please

#44 Post by myke »

Puppymartin,
Kan je even de kernelversie MijnPup vermelden want ik zit met een kaartlezer die een speciaal besturingsprogramma'tje (driver) nodig heeft ? Ik geloof dat het programma in de versie vanaf 2.6.36 aanwezig is. Het ook kan wèl dat het apart gecompileerd moet woorden.

Could you specify the kernel version of MijnPup as I am stuck with a card reader requiring a special driver? I think that kernel version 2.6.36 was the first one to integrate the driver. It is also possible that the driver must be explicitly compiled.

myke
AA1 D255E-keucr slacko 5.3;luci;mijnpup; tw-os; with:Emacs,gawk,noteboxmismanager,treesheets, freeplane, libreoffice, tkoutline, Sigil, calibre, calendar. magic&Noteliner(wine), kamas (DOS)

nooby

#45 Post by nooby »

Didn't pemasu had a card reader for Acer D255 very recently. Yesterday?
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though

sinc

#46 Post by sinc »

I think FF4 is out now. :)

I also noticed that ppt and pptx are not associated with libre office in this version. can you automatically have firefox associate those files with the libre office presentation program.

Thanks. :lol:

P123

#47 Post by P123 »

Could you please include Truecrypt in the next version of this puplet.

lithpr

#48 Post by lithpr »

** W O W ** Man, how awesome is that?!?!?!? This is pretty much everything I had ever hoped to achieve with my derivative "RexBang". I sincerely wish i had been aware of this two months ago! >>OUTSTANDING<<

What do you use for the menu, may i ask? It is beautiful!

richard.a

#49 Post by richard.a »

lithpr wrote:** W O W ** Man, how awesome is that?!?!?!? This is pretty much everything I had ever hoped to achieve with my derivative "RexBang". I sincerely wish i had been aware of this two months ago! >>OUTSTANDING<<

What do you use for the menu, may i ask? It is beautiful!
Yes it is a beautiful distro.

Welcome to the forums mate :)

I believe the Window Manager is called "Open Box" which piggy-backs itself on to the JWM (Joe's Window Manager) that ships with puppy.

Go exploring a bit, click on the home icon on the desktop, then click to "open all files" (left hand side of the "eye" symbol in the file manager) and look for .jwmrc and .jwmrc-tray which are the menu system.

In the menu you will see (if you take the puppy menu alternative) that you also have the choice of IceWM which uses slightly more resources but which has a different look. Many prefer it.

Have fun :)

Richard
in cold wet Adelaide,
no crows flying backwards to keep the dust out of their eyes
[i]Have you noticed editing is always needed for the inevitable typos that weren't there when you hit the "post" button?[/i]

[img]http://micro-hard.dreamhosters.com/416434.png[/img]

8Geee

#50 Post by 8Geee »

Thanks puppymartin for MijnPup. This looks to be what I need (the 52 beta 3 Jan 29, 2012), but I should ask if MijnPup is fully functional on an Asus EEE 900a (Atom processor).
Linux user #498913 "Some people need to reimagine their thinking."
"Zuckerberg: a large city inhabited by mentally challenged people."

richard.a

#51 Post by richard.a »

8Geee wrote:.... but I should ask if MijnPup is fully functional on an Asus EEE 900a (Atom processor).
Good to hear such a sensible question, because the EeePC does not come with a CD/DVD drive.

If you have an external CD/DVD drive that plugs into an USB port, then just burn a bootable CD from the ISO file. Then boot your EeePC from it - you may need to hold down an F key dor this to happen, watch the power-up self-test "POST" bo0oting screen for instructions.

I have an Acer AspireOne (original version) - the Acer equivalent to the original EeePC - and that runs it well.

Better still, if you have another computer, burn the CD on that, then boot from it, and do an "install to USB (thumb) drive."

Check that the thumb drive will boot where you created it, and then try booting your EeePC from it. You may prefer to use a flash card. That works too.
Any further problems, come back here and ask. But come back anyway and let us know what you did... this is how open source works best :)

Richard
[i]Have you noticed editing is always needed for the inevitable typos that weren't there when you hit the "post" button?[/i]

[img]http://micro-hard.dreamhosters.com/416434.png[/img]