Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue 30 Sep 2014, 16:06
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Documents
Notecase outliner
Page 2 of 2 [29 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
jamesbond

PostPosted: Mon 20 Aug 2007, 06:13    Post subject:  

Nevermind I found it, thanks. Just a matter of commenting the right line in the Makefile.

cheers!

[EDIT: Anyone interested could PM me. I have the 1.6.1 made into a dotpet].

mcewanw

PostPosted: Sun 09 Sep 2007, 10:41    Post subject: Could you upload the dotpup?  

I'd be interested to try your Notecase update. Could you upload it to the forum?
BarryK
Puppy Master

PostPosted: Sun 09 Sep 2007, 20:51    Post subject:  

NoteCase 1.6.1 is in Puppy now (2.20). All the latest PETs will be uploaded to ibiblio by the 16th Sept.
CORRECTION: I mean v1.6.5 is now in Puppy.

Last edited by BarryK on Wed 12 Sep 2007, 06:21; edited 1 time in total
mcewanw

PostPosted: Tue 11 Sep 2007, 23:14    Post subject: I love notecase!  

I am an absolute nutcase for notecase. I adore it and have been defending its inclusion at thread:

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=140487#140487
BarryK
Puppy Master

PostPosted: Wed 12 Sep 2007, 06:24    Post subject: Re: I love notecase!  

mcewanw wrote:
I am an absolute nutcase for notecase.

I'm crazy about it too. I'm now using it for all puppy-project record keeping, eliminates voluminous notebooks that I used to write in.
mcewanw

PostPosted: Wed 12 Sep 2007, 23:00    Post subject: notecase links to webpages not working?  

I do have a major problem with notecase though (on Puppy 2.17.1). I may just be missing some step out though, however I can't find the answer.
Links I make to external webpages don't seem to work. When I right click on text I want to make into a link to a url the Link Wizard pops up and I enter the target url. Then the text appears blue and underlined in notecase. However, when I click on the link (or double-click), nothing happens. I expected it to open up the webpage in the default browser as Keynote outliner does in Windows. Is this a bug?
BarryK
Puppy Master

PostPosted: Thu 13 Sep 2007, 03:58    Post subject: Re: notecase links to webpages not working?  

mcewanw wrote:
I do have a major problem with notecase though (on Puppy 2.17.1). I may just be missing some step out though, however I can't find the answer.
Links I make to external webpages don't seem to work. When I right click on text I want to make into a link to a url the Link Wizard pops up and I enter the target url. Then the text appears blue and underlined in notecase. However, when I click on the link (or double-click), nothing happens. I expected it to open up the webpage in the default browser as Keynote outliner does in Windows. Is this a bug?

I reported this to the author and he has fixed it. I think the fix is in the version I'm using now, but I haven't checked. I advised him to automatically read the mime info from /etc/mailcap and /etc/mime.types, so all kinds of files can be handled, not just URLs.
seaside

PostPosted: Tue 18 Dec 2007, 19:26    Post subject: Re: notecase links to webpages not working?  

BarryK wrote:
mcewanw wrote:

I reported this to the author and he has fixed it. I think the fix is in the version I'm using now, but I haven't checked. I advised him to automatically read the mime info from /etc/mailcap and /etc/mime.types, so all kinds of files can be handled, not just URLs.

I have the same URL link problem with Puppy 3.01 and Notecase version 1.6.9. I tried using the links in the Pclinuxos Notecase (even earlier version) and they seemed to work.

The binaries from Pclinux do not work for puppy because of too many Gnome library dependencies.

Does anyone have a puppy 3.01 version of Notecase with working URL links?
magerlab

PostPosted: Wed 19 Dec 2007, 15:46    Post subject:  

Tiddly wiki is very interesting
i uses only one html file for everything

we added tiddly wiki to russian puppy
and included some issues from help and howtos inside

Béèm

Location: Brussels IBM Thinkpad R40, 256MB, 20GB, WiFi ipw2100. Frugal Lin'N'Win

PostPosted: Wed 19 Dec 2007, 16:18    Post subject:  

I have the same problem in 3.01 and 1.69
It seems that the http:// link isn't paste to the browser.
However the same ncd document used with ncd in Windows does work correctly.
The link is opened in the browser.

But if I give the link URL and add, f.e., /index.html to it, then the web page is opened.

Use peppyy's puppysearch
BarryK
Puppy Master

PostPosted: Thu 20 Dec 2007, 20:15    Post subject:  

We need to grab the latest NoteCase, v1.6.9 is not the latest, and the homepage says there are bugfixes.
hayden

PostPosted: Sat 05 Mar 2011, 22:26    Post subject: NoteCase on Windows and file format  

I like having a cross-platform outliner but NoteCase takes up 22Mb on Windows! (TreePad is about 1Mb.) The most powerful outliner of all may have been KAMAS for CP/M which fit on a floppy and ran in 64k of RAM. I would love to see that ported to Linux! (There was a lite version for DOS.)

I tried opening a NoteCase file with Firefox and it came up looking pretty much like the HTML export. This is a BIG DEAL to me as I do NOT want yet another program-specific file format on my computer. Now I know I will not lose the data in my files if NoteCase blows up.
hayden

PostPosted: Mon 14 Mar 2011, 09:59    Post subject: Norecase links and OOo  

Since my last post I have opened a Notecase ncd file in Open Office with no trouble. (I think someone asked about that but I can't find it now.) As Barry says, it is SGML (in plain text) inside so you could open it in Notepad :roll: That might be safer as if you want to bring it back into Notecase you will have to avoid breaking the SGML. If you just want to spruce it up for printing it might be better to export it as HTML and tweak it in Composer (what I do).

Problems with links not working have been reported on the Internet and are supposedly fixed in the most recent version.
myke

PostPosted: Tue 22 Mar 2011, 17:51    Post subject: Re: NoteCase on Windows and file format  

hayden wrote:
(...) The most powerful outliner of all may have been KAMAS for CP/M which fit on a floppy and ran in 64k of RAM. I would love to see that ported to Linux! (There was a lite version for DOS.)(..).

I second that. I am running KAMAS in dosbox. Back in the '80S I had an entire database with ecological articles and used it as an outliner when starting to write long documents.

Today, I have a database keeping track of a search for a GP in my neighbourhood as well as a place to store outlines for documents.

myke

Page 2 of 2 [29 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Documents
Jump to: