Windows: the Disposable Operating System

Booting, installing, newbie
Yogi

Windows: the Disposable Operating System

#1 Post by Yogi »

I am posting this here because regular Puppy users fully understand the value of Linux. For beginners this article should persuade all of you to make the switch. Whether it's Puppy (which I really like!) or some other distro flavor. Yes, there is a steeper learning curve but it's worth it. Towards that end Barry has made Puppy very intuitive. And this forum is one of the most active and helpful you're likely to peruse.

http://www.thetechzone.com/?m=show&id=542

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#2 Post by Lobster »

8)
Yes I read that and it is the main reason I swtched from XP.
Look at a list of Widows freeware. How much is desiged to keeping the old dear going?
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

pelokwin

#3 Post by pelokwin »

I (about a month ago) put puppy on a IBM think pad 380ED with a Intel Pentium 166 MHz,79MB RAM that had win95 on it. Nobody wanted it, my father in law said, " It's a nice laptop in good condition but it won't install anything higher then win95 so just dump it" well I did not dump it and now running puppy 1.0.8. I get more use out of it then my Dell desktop with winXP save no internet connection.
XP= :evil:
Puppy= :P
I'm just a passing thought in this world

sunburnt

#4 Post by sunburnt »

Yep, Win. is a kluge of code at best, it's been said that there's no one at M$ that really knows how it all works (I beleave it).
Any knowlegable PC user knows that reather than wasting time trying to "repair" Win. it's quicker to do the "wipe & reinstall".
The main reason for this is your fixing the problems you know about, but also a host of other ones your unaware of.
About every six months I "redo" all of my Win. PCs, maybe sooner if I've done alot to them, or if they're screwing up.

This pretty much sums up the state of M$ "product quality", the article focuses on other things I didn't even touch.