Quickmount

Filemanagers, partitioning tools, etc.
WarMocK

Quickmount

#1 Post by WarMocK »

Hello Puppy Linux users,
here's another little toy I've been working on recently: a mounting tool that works without the need of icons on a desktop, or clicking through various menu trees.
All you need to do is to bind the command "quickmount" to a hotkey, and whenever you press that hotkey a list of available mountpoints will popup right under the cursor, no matter what's under it (powered by apwal). Click an icon, and it'll mount a device automatically (if unmounted) or ask you if you want to unmount it (if mounted).

Please note that it's still a proof-of-concept. I wrote the source code for it yesterday in the evening, so I'll have to give it some touch-ups as soon as I got the time to work on it again. ;-)
Attachments
quickmount.png
(130.14 KiB) Downloaded 1658 times
Quickmount-1.0.pet
(52.59 KiB) Downloaded 820 times
Last edited by WarMocK on Mon 04 Apr 2011, 08:53, edited 1 time in total.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

Re: Quickmount

#2 Post by Flash »

WarMocK wrote:...All you need to do is to bind the command "quickpet" to a hotkey... ;-)
Could you give a short description, or a link to a post where there is a description, of how to do that? Thanks :)

01micko

#3 Post by 01micko »

..and I think it should be "quickmount" :wink:

This works in openbox

/root/.config/openbox/rc.xml
Alt-q is the combo I used

Code: Select all

<keybind key="A-q">
      <action name="Execute">
		<command>quickmount</command>
	  </action>	
    </keybind>
Put that somewhere near the bottom of the <keyboard> section (and restart X)

~

This works in JWM.. same key combo

Code: Select all

<Key mask="A" key="q">exec:quickmount</Key>
That goes toward the bottom of /root/.jwm/jwmrc-personal, you'll see where, restart JWM

~
Warmock.. I only get a couple of seconds to make a choice then the icons vanish, also they are a bit faded and hard to see, but still a nice concept
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

WarMocK

#4 Post by WarMocK »

Oops ...
Yeah 01mick, you're right of course. Sorry, was in a rush when I uploaded it 'cause I was on my way back to the university. sorry, my bad. ^^

Also, I will try to edit the sourcecode of apwal a bit and add a longer timespan until the applications automatically closes again (maybe 60 seconds?). I could also try to remove the timeout function and add an icon for closing apwal over killall in the near future.

WarMocK

#5 Post by WarMocK »

Ok, problem with the timeout's solved. It's very simple.

- When the icons pop up, right-click on one of them to open the apwal-editor
- Under "Apwal Preferences", you can set the timeout to a maximum of 10 seconds.
For getting even longer timeouts, open /root/.apwalrc.xml and set the timeout value to whatever you want (in miliseconds). However, this value will be overridden whenever you call the apwal editor, so you will need to change the value manually again after the editor is closed.