Will MUT 0.8 work with 1.0.9CE?

Using applications, configuring, problems
stlchuck

Will MUT 0.8 work with 1.0.9CE?

#1 Post by stlchuck »

We have been having problems with getting MUT 0.7 in 1.0.9CE to reliably show anything connected via USB - a somewhat hit or miss affair - mostly miss. By contrast MUT 0.8 in Puppy 2 has been quite good preformance wise. Is MUT 0.8 available for download and if so where? Is it compatible with 1.0.9CE? Any special concerns or problems to watch for?

Jesse

#2 Post by Jesse »

Hi,

The changes in MUT are very minor from 0.0.7 to 0.0.8.

The reason that you see the difference is that Puppy2 uses 2.6 kernel, which has much better support for USB devices, over the 2.4 kernel.

Yes you can use Mut 0.8 on the 1.0.9CE, you already have it downloaded on the Puppy2 iso, copy it from the /usr/lib/mut directory.

Jesse

stlchuck

Thanks,

#3 Post by stlchuck »

Jesse,
Since the big difference is in the kernel version we'll hold off for now on trying MUT 0.0.8 in 1.0.9CE - May try it later though - many thanks for the quick response. Problem we are having is primarily in one desktop computer - a used laptop bought recently seems to show much more reliable detection of USB devices with 1.0.9CE. Admittedly its USB 1.1 only - I'm looking for an expansion card for it that will give USB 2.0 speed. We'll get this worked out eventually! Thanks for the help,

Chuck

eMeRy

#4 Post by eMeRy »

Weeks ago I upgraded MUT to 0.0.8 on 1.08 puppy as it was described above (The only difference is: mut.tcl has newer version.) and it works seamless.
Now I see there's no major difference between the MUT versions.

eMeRy