Supaplex

Play with your Puppy.
maxerro

Supaplex

#1 Post by maxerro »

Here's a Supaplex pack with over 300 levels. It uses Rocks'n'Diamonds engine, so thanks to Holger Schemel and many others who contributed, this game is now playable on Linux.

* Supaplex-Lucid.pet ~ 1.1MB

Some may find the original version too hard. Here's a version with slightly modified physics, more focused on solving the puzzle. It's got the exact same levels, but due to slower enemies it is more suitable for kids.

* Supaplex-4Kids.pet ~ 1.1MB

Have fun...
Last edited by maxerro on Sun 29 May 2011, 12:33, edited 3 times in total.

GustavoYz

#2 Post by GustavoYz »

Really nice, working great in Quirky 1.2.
It has 300 levels and i'm stuck in level 12 :lol:
Thanks for the pet.

maxerro

#3 Post by maxerro »

GustavoYz wrote:Really nice, working great in Quirky 1.2.
It has 300 levels and i'm stuck in level 12 :lol:
Thanks for the pet.
Tnx, GustavoYz.
I don't know if it's the game engine or my laggy wireless keyboard, but I think you could control the game (like a couple of miliseconds) more easily in the DOS version. The game was originally made for Amiga and DOS, but the authors released it for free some years later. I blame my wireless keyboard which does have some noticeable lag.

Anyway - that's why I packed over 300 levels (originally had 111, and you couldn't skip more than 3 unsolved) - because R'n'D enables you to easily skip levels (disable skip-level confirmation in the setup) and enjoy. With these graphics it's meant to be more fun than frustration... :D

GustavoYz

#4 Post by GustavoYz »

maxerro wrote:...I don't know if it's the game engine or my laggy wireless keyboard, but I think you could control the game (like a couple of miliseconds) more easily in the DOS version...
I agree, it gets freeze by a few milisecons and sometimes is enought to make you loose the level...
But, if you don't raise the keys doesn't seem to happen.. So, probably i'm experiencing the same delay in a regular keyboard.

maxerro

#5 Post by maxerro »

It could be the game engine, or some Xorg lag. This pack uses the latest engine version available, and I think there was some previous version that had a slightly better response. That of course, could be because it was played with different Xorg settings. I'll try to figure out what's behind this.

Until then, don't get too angry for loosing - you know when it's not your fault.

darkcity

#6 Post by darkcity »

can confirm its working in Slacko 5.3.1

do you know is repton is available for the rocksNdiamonds engine? :twisted:

thanks