Lucid Puppy Puppy Package updater

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
chinamike

Lucid Puppy Puppy Package updater

#1 Post by chinamike »

I am updating my Puppy Package in Lucid Puppy and when I chose the Lucid universe update, the download seemed to never stop! I had a yellow pop up window that just ran a "Matrix-like" screen of thousands of words I could hardly read, they went by so fast! Is that normal? The first time I did it, I ended up pulling the plug, because I was worried I had gotten into a worm or something (no firewall loaded at the time). The second time I did it I just let it run with firewall up of course, and after I would say, 5 to 7 minutes it eventually went away--I have cable modem, so it isn't a speed/download issue.

Thanks for any info my way.

Mike

playdayz

#2 Post by playdayz »

I am updating my Puppy Package in Lucid Puppy and when I chose the Lucid universe update, the download seemed to never stop! I had a yellow pop up window that just ran a "Matrix-like" screen of thousands of words I could hardly read, they went by so fast! Is that normal? The first time I did it, I ended up pulling the plug, because I was worried I had gotten into a worm or something (no firewall loaded at the time). The second time I did it I just let it run with firewall up of course, and after I would say, 5 to 7 minutes it eventually went away--I have cable modem, so it isn't a speed/download issue.
Yes, that is normal. It takes so long because the Ubuntu repos are being converted to Puppy format. There is an easy way to just update the lucid-puppy repo, which is all you really need to do and which is almost instantaneous.
Quickpet -> More Pets -> Update Lupu PPM.