XnView MP 0.39 and XnConvert MP 1.1 combo sfs

Paint programs, vector editors, 3d modelers, animation editors, etc.
Argolance

#21 Post by Argolance »

Hello,
Something else: Isn't it very strange, after sfs file has been mounted, xnview directories (AddOn, language, plugins, UI ...) to be located directly at the root of /usr/directory and not in any dedicated directory?

Cordialement.

pemasu

#22 Post by pemasu »

Well, yes. I should for example create /usr/local/xnview and place all subfolders there. Good point. I will modify the sfs.

About. Locale. I got them shown in settings > language or how it was in the submenu.

I will reupload the sfs to have better location xnview folders.

Thank you of your feedback !!!

Argolance

#23 Post by Argolance »

hello,
About. Locale. I got them shown in settings > language or how it was in the submenu.
It doesn't work for me: nothing in the submenu and the application is always in English :evil: ! I forgot something?

Regards.

Argolance

#24 Post by Argolance »

Hello,
I think that sfs does not handle pinstall.sh scripts so you need to do that manually. Script is attached. Rename the phony .gz to .sh
I noticed that the original *.desktop file I downloaded from the official site runs xnview.sh and not xnview. You probably should modify yours this way (no pinstall.sh and script specified in the first post needed!)

Cordialement.

pemasu

#25 Post by pemasu »

Argolance. You are absolutely right. I rebuild the package. Thank you of your evaluation and problem solving.

pemasu

#26 Post by pemasu »

Xnview and Xnconvert with locales sfs has been reuploaded.
I dont seem to get languages activated again. I managed to do that once when experimenting with locales. But I dont know atm what is the clue for that.

Argolance

#27 Post by Argolance »

Hello,
I dont seem to get languages activated again. I managed to do that once when experimenting with locales. But I dont know atm what is the clue for that.
I saw on a thread that locales don't work yet on LINUX releases of xnview, but work only with Windows releases. We have just now to wait for the final releases...

Regards.

pemasu

#28 Post by pemasu »

Argolance. Thank you of the information. I have followed the xnview development....but it is so slow that nowadays I check the xnview forum about 3 months intervals. If someone finds before me that there is update, you can announce it here or pm me. I will make sfs of new version immediately. The forum notification works sometimes.

Otherwise I like the xnview already.

Argolance

#29 Post by Argolance »

Hello,
I saw on a thread that locales don't work yet on LINUX releases of xnview, but work only with Windows releases. We have just now to wait for the final releases...
I was wrong!
The solution was given by M�dor in the French Forum: copy/move the /usr/local/xnview/language directory into /usr/bin or create a symlink from /usr/local/xnview/language to /usr/bin.

Regards.

pemasu

#30 Post by pemasu »

Argolance. Thank you of your efforts and time used for problem solving. I will test it and upload the sfs if it works.

pemasu

#31 Post by pemasu »

xnviewmp-xncorverter-0.35-0.98-with-locales.sfs has been reuploaded using Argolance`s great advice. Locales should work now.

Thank you.
Last edited by pemasu on Wed 22 Jun 2011, 22:19, edited 1 time in total.

sub13

Re: XnView MP 0.35 and XnConvert MP 0.98 combo sfs

#32 Post by sub13 »

pemasu wrote:Updated 6.3.2011. X

Download: http://www.smokey01.com/pemasu/Sfs/xnvi ... ocales.sfs

bonjour

j'ai téléchargé ce fichier et tenté de l'installer avec setup:installer un fichier sfs

mais ça n'a pas marché tout s'est bloqué de plus cela a supprimé tout mes dossiers perso (heureusement sauvegardé sur clé usb)
---------------------------------
bon je vais essayer avec http://puppylinux.ca/members/bigbass/XnView-1.70.pet sur discussion http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 30&t=31351

pas d'entrée de menu, mais raccourci sur le bureau, semble fonctionner me reste à trouver pour langue en français Médor en parle ici ???

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 25ccb161ea mais pas trouvé le fichier xnview_fr.qm

merci
portable Dell latitude D400

pemasu

#33 Post by pemasu »

sub13. I dont understand a word of french, but with gxlat I understood that you were not succesful in using this sfs.
Download the sfs and place it to the /mnt/home.
Do you know how to install sfs applications. You should have save file made and then launch bootmanager > choose which extra sfs files to load at bootup. scroll to xnview sfs and select it and then click add. Click ok or save or something. Then reboot. Now you should have this xnview sfs installed and menu entries are also in place. I have managed to get locales to work, Argolance was the brilliant mind who figured locales working out.

Translate this if you dont understand the brochedures correctly.

RetroTechGuy

Re: XnView MP 0.35 and XnConvert MP 0.98 combo sfs

#34 Post by RetroTechGuy »

pemasu wrote:Updated 6.3.2011. XnView MP 0.35 and XnConvert MP 0.98 combo sfs.
26 Mb. Yes, I know, it is big. But it is getting closer to be good graphics app.

XnView MP 0.35: http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=21616

XnCovert MP 0.98 http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=21801

Download: http://www.smokey01.com/pemasu/Sfs/xnvi ... ocales.sfs
Thanks for all the work, Pemasu! I love XNView for photo management...
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=58615]Add swapfile[/url]
[url=http://wellminded.net63.net/]WellMinded Search[/url]
[url=http://puppylinux.us/psearch.html]PuppyLinux.US Search[/url]

pemasu

#35 Post by pemasu »

Xnview 0.39 - Xnconverter 1.1 combo sfs has been uploaded.
See the first page.

Dromeno

Symbol lookup error for XNView 0.39 sfs in Lucid Puppy 525

#36 Post by Dromeno »

The XnView MP 0.39 and XnConvert MP 1.1 combo sfs works in puppeee but in Lucid Puppy 525 I get a symbol lookup error:

"undefined symbol: _ZN9QListData11detach_growEPii

Can somebody please inform me how I can solve this?

lots of thanx in advance - I love this viewer!
Attachments
xnview_lookup_error.jpg
(99.93 KiB) Downloaded 816 times

pemasu

#37 Post by pemasu »

Yes. You have conflicting Qt libs in the path. You could click the sfs open, when it is not mounted and check the qt libs and compare what qt libs you have installed with some other app.

Dromeno

How do I proceed to make it work?

#38 Post by Dromeno »

OK, pemasu thanx. But before I damage anything I want to make sure I dounderstand you:

I go to:

In the /mnt/+mnt+home+xnviewmp-xncorverter-0.39-1.1-with-locales.sfs/usr/lib

then copy the contents to my existing /usr/lib and overwrite?

But doesn't that happen automatically when an sfs is loaded?

So... how do I know which lib causes the conflict, and when I know that which one do I have to delete?

pemasu

#39 Post by pemasu »

when you load whatever way sfs, it does not overwrite existing same named files or symlinks. So...if there are already another set of Qt libs with whatever version number, there are probably also symlinks to the base version....like...usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4

So...installing this sfs will lead non working situation due to previous Qt version and because symlinks are not updated. (will not be overwritten)

Best solution. I should create new sfs where the libs location is in /opt/xn (for example)

And make in /etc/profile.d new file to point to that location. When I have time, I will recreate the package.

To your problem. Since you probably have another set of Qt libs, which you probably need (Qt libs does not include to the Lucid Puppy) for some application...maybe vlc or umplayer ? ....I am not sure that there is much point by trying to get along with 2 set of Qt libs. I will try to make the package better compliant with other Qt stuff possibly already installed.

Dromeno

#40 Post by Dromeno »

Pemasu thanks for putting your time into Xnview!

explanation:
Xnview is the fastest tool I have found (so far) which is able to browse full screen through a pile of photos and gives the user the option to rate the pics with a 5 star rating system. My girlfriend spent a couple of months in Austrralia and New Zealand, came back with thousands of photos and needs a system to select the best ones / throuw out the worst ones fast. But the Xnview 0.39 is the first version in which the arrow buttons work in combination with full screen mode and photo rating, which is the fastest option (faster than using the mouse)

It would be lovely if this particular Xnview can be made to work in the customized puppy 525 we both use, which already has a couple of other progs installed, so we do not need to create a new customized puppy from the base version.