amsn

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
pacer106

partially figured out

#21 Post by pacer106 »

i managed to download the tcl pet & tk pet both installed ended up gettin them from alternate link they stayed as .pet format. the amsn however does not stay as a .pet the download site says its a .tar.gz type but the file name on the site says .pet when i download it with opera browser on puppy it still only offers the downloaded version as a .gz not .tar.gz as it says on the download site. i click on the .gz & it unpacks the file and just becomes amsn no extention or anything i click on it and it just offers to repack. im guessin there is somethin im missin here any more info would be great & thanks in advance :)

WOOOHOOO! i figured it out and im sorry i didnt think of this sooner. as i said i tried getting the pets with opera browser i also tried using puppy browser but it didnt want to download them. anyway i went back to my windows & use another browser & got it to download as a .pet so all is well im installing amsn now & hopefully it works. thanks again for the info & pointers :)

Makoto

#22 Post by Makoto »

.pet files actually are .tar.gz files, so if a .pet file downloads with a .tar.gz extension rather than .pet, go ahead and rename it back to .pet. :D

(Though, to be honest, I can't say I've seen a browser replace the .pet extension with .tar.gz. :shock: )
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).

pacer106

Very Strange

#23 Post by pacer106 »

that was my thought exactly makoto. i originally downloaded it with opera browser on windoze xp and the switch happened. i then tried it on puppy with opera and same thing so i was confused went back to xp & used IE and got the .pet confused me even more. so tried 4 or 5 browsers on puppy none of them would do a .pet all changed it to .tar.gz i tried firefox, chromium, puppy browser, mirdori, iron & opera all on lucid puppy all didnt download it right so as i said i was confused lol. your advice helped though so thanks makoto i got it installed & its workin :)