Need Cinepaint .pet for Lucid Puppy (Solved)

Paint programs, vector editors, 3d modelers, animation editors, etc.
PupGeek

Need Cinepaint .pet for Lucid Puppy (Solved)

#1 Post by PupGeek »

Does anyone have a .pet of cinepaint for Lucid Puppy 5.2? I cannot seem to find a .deb in the Ubuntu Repos and cannot seem to open slackwares recent .txz archives or .rpms in puppy either. I will try to compile from source, though I don't know how much luck I'll have with that. If anyone has made a pet, can they tell me where I can get it? Also the UFRaw plugin for cinepaint would be nice too.
Last edited by PupGeek on Sat 11 Jun 2011, 15:54, edited 1 time in total.

PupGeek

#2 Post by PupGeek »

I made a cinepaint hassle-free roxapp from the Ubuntu Dapper repo. It is a bit large as it uses the older gtk and glib packages, but I managed to get it working in LucidPup. As with most of my hassle-free roxapps, it does nothing permanent to your puppy. I am uploading it right now.

It doesn't use the UFRaw-cinepaint plugin (I could not locate it in .deb), and it doesn't natively open up DNG raw. If you have UFRaw, you can open them up there, and save them as .ppm raw files. Also, I included dcraw in this package because it requires that to open any raw images.

puppyluvr

#3 Post by puppyluvr »

:D Hello,
Where??
I tried to compile cinepaint when I built PAW, but it was a dependency nightmare for Puppy back then...
Close the Windows, and open your eyes, to a whole new world
I am Lead Dog of the
Puppy Linux Users Group on Facebook
Join us!

Puppy since 2.15CE...

PupGeek

#4 Post by PupGeek »

You can get it here

@puppyluvr: I emailed you a copy of it while waiting, so you can try it out now if you like. By the time I was able to send the email, it was already uploaded to the server

puppyluvr

#5 Post by puppyluvr »

Didnt find the email, got it here...
I get this:
# ./cinepaint/AppRun
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop2,
missing codepage or helper program, or other error
In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
dmesg | tail or so

./cinepaint/AppRun: line 17: /mnt/cinepaint/usr/bin/cinepaint: No such file or directory
umount: can't umount /mnt/cinepaint: Invalid argument
But I an ATM testing Spup
Be back from Lupu...
Jay...

Edit: OK, tried in 2 Lupus...same message...
noticed it was looking for it in /usr/bin
So tried to execute the binary directly, got :

# ./cinepaint.rox4fs
bash: ./cinepaint.rox4fs: cannot execute binary file
I am Lead Dog of the
Join us!

Puppy since 2.15CE...

PupGeek

#6 Post by PupGeek »

@puppyluvr: The AppRun script is supposed to make the directory /mnt/cinepaint, mount the cinepaint.rox4fs to that directory and export the paths inside the mount point as environment variables to be used by that script and child scripts. Everything the program needs to run is contained within that .rox4fs file (This is really a .squashfs file, by the way). You should be able to simply click on the cinepaint folder icon....... if not, then right click on the cinepaint directory that was extracted and using the permissions or properties dialog, make that directory executable. It shouldn't be looking for anything in /usr/bin. There is a usr/bin directory in the squashfs but that would be /mnt/cinepaint/usr/bin..... ***WARNING***.... This program should not be installed to your system directories.... It will cause GLib and GTK conflicts that will be difficult to resolve.

Edit: I successfully ran my local copy without any problems. I downloaded it from the link above and noticed that the file size was a bit smaller than I remembered it to be. After downloading, I attempted to run the app and got nothing. I looked inside the directory, opened a terminal, and executed ./AppRun directly from there and it showed me the same console output. I am concluding that the file posted is incomplete, and PM'd MU to inform him of it. The size of the complete file should be close to 14 MB. If the file size is around 10 Mb, then it is the incomplete one.

Peterm321

#7 Post by Peterm321 »

PupGeek

Does anyone have a .pet of cinepaint for Lucid Puppy 5.2? I cannot seem to find a .deb in the Ubuntu Repos and cannot seem to open slackwares recent .txz archives or .rpms in puppy either. I will try to compile from source, though I don't know how much luck I'll have with that. If anyone has made a pet, can they tell me where I can get it? Also the UFRaw plugin for cinepaint would be nice too.

Cinepaint version 0.22-0 was part of Grafpup and I was able to coax it to work on "Turbolinux" which uses libc-2.6.1.so libm-2.6.1.so, e.g. adding libraries and amending the LD_LIBRARY_PATH in a startup script.

A better idea IMO would be for some kind soul with enough expertise to compile a large static binary with as many inbuilt dependencies included as possible so that Cinepaint could work on more puppy systems without the hassle needed to fix dependency problems.

I dont really use Cinepaint a lot. I have a film scanner (that requires a M$ OS to run SilverFast SE). I find the advantages of 16bit facility a bit overrated if using the curves tool to correct images. Colour/Color casts can be better addressed at scan time and I prefer the GIMP to complete image fixing dust scratches etc.

puppyluvr

#8 Post by puppyluvr »

Yes, I also have a few roxapps of my own...
D/L X-Yoys from my link and look in /root/my-roxapps... :wink:

Will delete and re D/L.. :D

Edit still links a 10.1mb D/L...
I am Lead Dog of the
Join us!

Puppy since 2.15CE...

PupGeek

#9 Post by PupGeek »

try it again, jay. MU wrote me back on the 26th acknowledging it and he updated it. It should be ok now.

I posted the explanation on how to use roxapps before I knew that the file was incomplete..... Left it there for those who don't know how roxapps work..... Nevertheless, heed my warning that this particular roxapp uses and includes a different version of glib and gtk and it will cause conflicts if installed to the system directories. I don't want anyone borking their puppy by being slick and thinking they can "install" this application.

@Peterm321: Try downloading my Cinepup roxapp...... that's exactly what I did. Thats why I call them "Hassle-Free Roxapps".... Only one hitch: it will only work on Puppies that use squashfs v.4 (such as Puppy 4.3, Wary, LucidPup...). If squashfs were backward compatible with 3.1, I'd make it in 3.1 to work on more puppies.

puppyluvr

#10 Post by puppyluvr »

Trying again...13.2mb looks good...
Be back...

Bang....it works....Good job...
Closes clean, no zombies..LOL
Very nice...
Now to play with it... :D
I am Lead Dog of the
Join us!

Puppy since 2.15CE...

Pelo

Cinepaint with Precise 5.4.3 : works.

#11 Post by Pelo »

Cinepaint with Precise 5.4.3 : works. being tested
Attachments
cinepaint.jpg
Precise 5.4.3 (ToOppy french version)
(93.62 KiB) Downloaded 465 times

mikeslr

Cinepaint under dpup-stretch 7.5, xenialpup, slacko 5.7 &tc

#12 Post by mikeslr »

pupgeeks rox-app of cinepaint, available via this post, http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 459#526459 also appears to work under dpup-stretch 7.5, , xenialpup, slacko 5.7 and precise-lite. Examination suggests to me that the rox-app employs an SFS containing all required dependencies. But I don't know how to confirm that. In short, it opens but I can't be certain all its components are functional.