/sbin/modprobe-3.11.1 | -3.12 compiled suppressing warnings

Core libraries and systems
Karl Godt

/sbin/modprobe-3.11.1 | -3.12 compiled suppressing warnings

#1 Post by Karl Godt »

Hi , I want to start this thread to find out , if there is demand for a modprobe binary , that is suppressing warnings about ""deprecated config file ...""

I have compiled it in pup430 glibc-2.6.1 , just commented out the parts about "needs .conf" and "deprecated ..." and run them since 4 or 5 month on pup4 and 5 without problems .

One way is to ignore /etc/modprobe.conf completely and another is to parse it anyway .

To check it , add '#FILE='/etc/modprobe.d/modprobe.conf' on top and end of the relevant files and run `modprobe -c > FILE` , `geany FILE` .

This one parses also /etc/modprobe.conf after parsing everything in /etc/modprobe.d/ and before parsing everything in /lib/modules/`uname -r` .

I decided for 3.11.1 , because it still has the '-o' option .

Please run `modprobe --help` because I changed some options , e.g -L for --syslog , --other-name for -name .

[edit=24Jun2011]
My comment about the '-i' and '-I' option are probably misleading : they are different but both are passing 'flags |= mit_ignore_commands;' internally , which is a flag for "static int insmod(" and "static void rmmod(" in which the "do_command" is called by "if (command && !(flags & mit_ignore_commands)) {" . Older manpages only have the '-i' option for 'install' and 'remove' commands in /etc/modprobe.conf or /etc/modprobe.d/*.conf . For now the '--ignore-remove' does not pass automatically the '-r' option to modprobe , so it loads the module anyway without complaining about anything . Also the output of the '-v' option is unsatisfying to me , the '--first-time' option is telling the detail I would like by '-v' like 'already in kernel' . I also detected that Puppy4 modprobe -V 3.6 does not have the -D option
[/edit]

`file` is saying statically but it is configured
.././configure --srcdir=.. --enable-builddir=build --enable-zlib-dynamic --build=i486-linux-gnu build_alias=i486-linux-gnu , `strip` and `upx -9` .

[edit=24Jun2011]You have to make it executable by "chmod 0755" or "chmod +x" . [/edit]
Last edited by Karl Godt on Fri 24 Jun 2011, 13:05, edited 1 time in total.

Karl Godt

#2 Post by Karl Godt »

Finally I have got pinstall and puninstall.sh working , but for now the
.tar.gz .

Files :
config.log
modprobe_16May2011
pet.specs
puninstall.sh
config.status
modprobe.c
pinstall.sh