Getting it all together

Helping keep Puppy well documented
Ian
Official Dog Handler

Getting it all together

#1 Post by Ian »

I think we need to have a chat room discussion in the next couple of weeks on what is needed to get our documentation together.

I think with a concerted effort we can put this together in a short period of time.

I myself have been very slack as far as documentation is concerned but with a combined effort I think we can knock off a lot of the main subjects.

Any thoughts on this anyone.

brad_chuck

Give me a week

#2 Post by brad_chuck »

Give me a week to patch together a good manual from all the parts that are around.

This will give us somwhere to start.

BarryK
Puppy Master

#3 Post by BarryK »

yes, i also am lazy in that area.
Got to make an effort...

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#4 Post by Flash »

Barry, your "How Puppy Works" has probably been more help to me than anything else.
[url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=69321][color=blue]Puppy Help 101 - an interactive tutorial for Lupu 5.25[/color][/url]

raffy

One-man efforts

#5 Post by raffy »

To be fair to Rhino, he did a terrific one-man work for rhinoweb.us, site of Flash tutorials for Puppy. The same for Flash who kept a Beginner's sticky guide in this forum. Puppian started a docs package and put it at puppylinux.org - he posted how to download the whole docs file in the documentation section.

However, the change in version to Puppy2 made many existing documentation obsolete.

Perhaps the best way to get started is organize the existing wiki pages around Puppy2, essentially pruning and updating relevant pages and arranging them in an outline.

I may not be able to input much as I will be on the road starting tomorrow noon, but will try to do what I can in the morning.