Ufraw: Digital camera raw image utility & gimp-plugin for p4

Paint programs, vector editors, 3d modelers, animation editors, etc.
chasman666

#21 Post by chasman666 »

ving wrote:/usr/lib/libexiv2.so /usr/lib/libexiv2.so.0 /usr/lib/libexiv2.so.0.1.0

this is what i got... whats it all mean and what do i need to do?
Great, that's much better!

Navigate to usr/lib with file manager and scroll down and you'll find those three files. Right click on libexiv2.so.0.1.0 (ie the one without shortcut arrows on it) and choose link. Change the name of the symlink to libexiv2.so.2 (ie the file name that was said to be missing in ufraw) and save.

Then let us know what happens when you try to run ufraw.

Cheers,
Charlie

PS Might also be worth checking the dependencies of ufraw - chances are there are more missing (in the wrong places) libs.
Run the install pet package manager but choose the check dependencies button instead of PET button. UFraw should be listed as one of the packages, click on it and press ok. Post result - unless it says everything is ok, in which case great!

ving

#22 Post by ving »

face it charlie, you ewre more impressed with my text colouring than anything else :p

it all works a treat now. thanks so much for helping out this newbie. much appreciated :D

chasman666

#23 Post by chasman666 »

Excellent, glad to hear that and glad to have helped a little.

oliwek

Re: Ufraw: Digital camera raw image utility & gimp-plugin for p4

#24 Post by oliwek »

Peterm321 wrote:chasman666

Can dcb_dcraw handle canon CR2 Raw files?

AFAIK there is no program that can interpret a CHDK CRW file produced for a Canon A470. CHDK does have an extra option to save as DNG format in-camera and it is that option I use. The DNG file can be open in Ufraw and Rawtherapee as well.

There is a program for converting CRW files to DNG, http://code.google.com/p/dng4ps2/ , the A470 is not listed, but other cameras are. The CRW / CR2 format is not universal, AFAIK, it can differ from camera to camera.
dng4ps2 now supports the a470, at least in its beta version for windows, ie from version dng4ps2-0.2.3-beta25

see here : http://code.google.com/p/dng4ps2/updates/list
(line Jul 08, 2009)

... soon in linux? :wink:

Peterm321

Ufraw: Digital camera raw image utility & gimp-plugin for p4

#25 Post by Peterm321 »

oliwek

dng4ps2 now supports the a470, at least in its beta version for windows, ie from version dng4ps2-0.2.3-beta25

see here : http://code.google.com/p/dng4ps2/updates/list
(line Jul 08, 2009)

... soon in linux?

Thank you. I can confirm that dng4ps2 does work under "dingo" running WINE.

I'm not sure yet whether there is an advantage to using it (well it does add a couple of extra pixels to the height) compared with the CHDK dng files that are created in-camera and as yet dng4ps2 does not yet pick up the camera white balance.

locorte

ufraw and cr2 files

#26 Post by locorte »

i.have installed ufraw 0.15 and dcraw 8.86, but when open a CR2 file (CANON POWERSHOT G10) the camera WB don't work. the photo are not correct display.
Help

muggins

#27 Post by muggins »

Uploaded v0.16. Ufraw now needs libgtkimageview.

abushcrafter

#28 Post by abushcrafter »

thanks

fantasiagreen

password

#29 Post by fantasiagreen »

Hi

I've just tried to download the ufraw .pet mentioned in the first post but when I do so I am asked for a username and password. My login credentials used to access this forum don't work, so I'm stumped.

Is there somewhere else I can download it from?

Cheers

fantasiagreen

Re: password

#30 Post by fantasiagreen »

fantasiagreen wrote:I've just tried to download the ufraw .pet mentioned in the first post but when I do so I am asked for a username and password. My login credentials used to access this forum don't work, so I'm stumped.
Worked it out now having read another post elsewhere! Sorry!

christian50

Re: password

#31 Post by christian50 »

fantasiagreen wrote:
fantasiagreen wrote:I've just tried to download the ufraw .pet mentioned in the first post but when I do so I am asked for a username and password. My login credentials used to access this forum don't work, so I'm stumped.
Worked it out now having read another post elsewhere! Sorry!
I have the same problem, and I can't figure it out. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

muggins

#32 Post by muggins »

I've added another link to the first post. Otherwise, uname=puppy, pword=linux, but I think Eric Caneri's puppylinux.ca site might be having problems.

christian50

#33 Post by christian50 »

muggins wrote:I've added another link to the first post. Otherwise, uname=puppy, pword=linux, but I think Eric Caneri's puppylinux.ca site might be having problems.
Many thanks for your help, now I could download the package.
--Christian

Peterm321

#34 Post by Peterm321 »

There is an updated version with improved algorithm of dcb_dcraw at

http://www.linuxphoto.org/html/other/dcb_dcraw

The Linux executable runs without any extra dependencies (well at least it does on my version of "Turbo Pup").

edoc

#35 Post by edoc »

I loaded ufraw-0.16-i486.pet and libgtkimageview .pet in dpup009 and it does not respond.

UFRaw is the only Linux app that reports support for the Kodak Z981.

http://www.linuxphoto.org/html/other/dcb_dcraw

Generates this error:
Error: Not Found
The requested URL /html/other/dcb_dcraw was not found on this server.
http://ufraw.sourceforge.net/Install.html doesn't list Puppy at all.

There is a
ufraw-0.18.tar.gz
here:
http://registry.gimp.org/node/31 that is supposed to be a GIMP plugin but I don't know if it is GIMP version-specific or if it would be OK to use with Fluppy (or any Puppy for that matter)

I tried the GIMP plugin but got stuck at this point (using dpup009), will have a look at Fluppy013 tomorrow ...
# ./configure
checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld
checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/ginstall -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... ./install-sh -c -d
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... no
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cl.exe... no
configure: error: in `/initrd/mnt/dev_save/savestuff/downloads/dpup009/ufraw-0.18':
configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
See `config.log' for more details
#

I'd love support for Fluppy (currently at 013) as I am about to convert this last of the laptops from dpup to Fluppy.

Thanks!
[b]Thanks! David[/b]
[i]Home page: [/i][url]http://nevils-station.com[/url]
[i]Don't google[/i] [b]Search![/b] [url]http://duckduckgo.com[/url]
TahrPup64 & Lighthouse64-b602 & JL64-603

Mmmm

#36 Post by Mmmm »

I have installed ufraw from the files here and it runs. The first thing it does is ask for a raw file to load. When I give it an ARW file from a Sony camera (listed as supported) ufraw immediately crashes with the message

ufraw: symbol lookup error: ufraw: undefined symbol: _ZN5Exiv2lsERSoRKNS_9ExifdatumE

Looking here
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ufraw/f ... ic/3776695

it implies that the problem is the version of libgtkimageview but that can't be the case right?

ps. im using puppy 525
Any ideas?

muggins

#37 Post by muggins »

Hello Mmmm,

not sure...i'll need to install p525 & have a look...i'll get back to you

cheers

muggins

#38 Post by muggins »

OK, I've booted into p525 & installed ufraw. First thing, running from commandline, it complains about:

Code: Select all

# ufraw
ufraw: error while loading shared libraries: libexiv2.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
resolved with:

Code: Select all

# ln -s /usr/lib/libexiv2.so /usr/lib/libexiv2.so.2
Then, not owning a camera, and somehow losing the only raw image I downloaded for testing, I'm unable to go any further...could you please upload a raw file that isn't working somewhere & provide a link?

One other thing I noticed is that, after installing gimp-2.4.6.pet, the ufraw-gimp plugin isn't showing up in gimp. I'm sure I've had this problem before, but further research required, as I've forgotten the work-around!

cheers

muggins

#39 Post by muggins »

Mmmm,

forget about uploading a raw image file, as I found one & I'm getting exactly the same error as you! Definitely more research needed.

muggins

#40 Post by muggins »

I've recompiled ufraw on lupu-520, and uploaded to:

ufraw-0.18-i486.pet (1Mbyte)

It also needs the attached libgtkimageview pet.

I've separated the gimp-plugin & NLS files as:

ufraw-gimp-plugin-0.18-i486

ufraw-NLS-0.18-i486

Run via Menu>Graphic>Ufraw

N.B. 1) I've tested this on lupu 511, 520 & 525, & snowpuppy 15. Due to incompatible gtk & glib, it won't work with 4 series, and prior.

2) I've only tested the gimp plugin with gimp v2.4.6. With newer versions, it should also work, but the ufraw-gimp plugin might need to be moved to the relevant plugin folder.

3) Html manual is in /usr/share/doc/ufraw/Guide.html.
Attachments
libgtkimageview-1.6.4-i486.pet
(26.46 KiB) Downloaded 1194 times
Last edited by muggins on Wed 05 Oct 2011, 12:45, edited 1 time in total.