Ufraw: Digital camera raw image utility & gimp-plugin for p4

Paint programs, vector editors, 3d modelers, animation editors, etc.
Mmmm

#41 Post by Mmmm »

Ooohh.... Sorry I didn't reply sooner, the forum software didnt email me so I assumed that no-one had replied...
It works wonderfully now!! thanks muggins...

gimp works if I start in Gimp, but if I start in ufraw and press the gimp button it says it cant find gimp-remote....

Mmmm

#42 Post by Mmmm »

I was trying to compile this myself but can't work out how to get the gimp plugin, it says I don't have gimp! I'm using the 2.6.10 sfs version of gimp.

How do you do it? I'd like to be able to compile my own stuff, I just need a few pointers...

Thanks...

muggins

#43 Post by muggins »

Perhaps the 2.6.10 sfs is missing needed include files, or /usr/lib/pkgconfig files. What errors are you receiving?

Mmmm

#44 Post by Mmmm »

no errors, it just says 'no' to the gimp plug-in at the end of the configure output...further up the output it says 'checking for gimp....no'

if I use the option --enable-gimp (or similar - not on my linux box at the moment) it gives the error 'gimp not found'

muggins

#45 Post by muggins »

Check if you have gimp-2.0.pc file, in /usr/lib/pkgconfig directory, as the configure script is looking for this. Also make sure you have /usr/include/gimp-2.0 directory, and all the relevant libgimp* files in /usr/lib.

Mmmm

#46 Post by Mmmm »

nope... no gimp-2.0.pc file and no gimp 2.0 directory either.. I have /usr/share/gimp/2.0 and /usr/lib/gimp/2.0/
The libs in /usr/lib seem to be there..

Bit of a mess then is it?

muggins

#47 Post by muggins »

No, you just need to download the missing development files. You could download the gimp source package, with same version number, and copy across include files, or it might be simpler to dload & use:

http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/dis ... -Lucid.sfs

Mmmm

#48 Post by Mmmm »

That sfs file you mention appears to be the same as the one I am already using...!! Does that sound possible to you?

Going the source route, how do I get the development files that I need? do I have to configure and make first or are they just sitting there already waiting to be moved? How do I know which ones I need?

Sorry for all the questions but I'd really love to be able to do this sort of stuff...

muggins

#49 Post by muggins »

Oh, I thought the Full, in Gimp-Full-2.6.10-Lucid.sfs, usually meant it has all the development stuff. Anyway you could use this instead:

http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/ma ... 1_i386.deb

Mmmm

#50 Post by Mmmm »

Aha... that did the trick...
So, I can install deb files too?!!

thanks muggins, you've been really helpful..
Much appreciated

muggins

#51 Post by muggins »

Good to hear. Generally you'll find most debian compiled apps will work with puppy, just that sometimes you might need to do a bit of a search for missing libraries and, rarely, the incompatibilities are too much. But in this case it wasn't a compiled app, just a source file.

Geoffrey

#52 Post by Geoffrey »

Mmmm wrote:gimp works if I start in Gimp, but if I start in ufraw and press the gimp button it says it cant find gimp-remote....
I had that problem too, run ufraw go to options , settings, remote gimp command and type "gimp" not "gimp-remote",
then it works or open the .ufrawrc file in root and edit it there " <RemoteGimpCommand>gimp</RemoteGimpCommand> "