Deadbeef 0.5.1 - audio player

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
playdayz

Deadbeef 0.5.1 - audio player

#1 Post by playdayz »

This Deadbeef 0.5.1 is the latest static build from the developers. I kind of like these static builds because 1) they are the latest and 2) they are prepared by the developers who are less likely to leave anything out, I left the locales in since they were small potatoes.

This one will play wma without the change I explained in the 0.4.4 thread (I think).
http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/dis ... cid525.pet

pemasu

#2 Post by pemasu »

If there is older Deadbeef installed, it needs to be removed or at least /usr/lib/deadbeef needs to be removed, otherwise there will be problems from the older libs remains. I learned that hard way.

neurino

#3 Post by neurino »

pemasu, any chance to have a super-stripped down version as 0.4.4 that was only 236K compared to this static 5M pet?

Of course as stripped down version wma support would not be required,,,

pemasu

#4 Post by pemasu »

I dont want to hijack this thread because full Deadbeef is very capable audio player.
But, yes...I can try to make previous kind super stripped version also.

playdayz

#5 Post by playdayz »

I dont want to hijack this thread because full Deadbeef is very capable audio player.
But, yes...I can try to make previous kind super stripped version also.
No worries about hijacking. If you make a stripped version pemasu I can link it in the first message of this thread--to make it easy for people.

I think it actually could play wma--using the tip in the 0.4.4 deadbeef thread--I can add that to the stripped pet..

Puppeteer

#6 Post by Puppeteer »

Thanks for the .pet, Playdayz!

Trying it out on Three-Headed Dog now, and it works great - it even plays audio in the APE format! I'm very happy to finally have functioning sound - I have a card with the Creative CA0110-IBG chip - The Auzentech X-Fi Bravura, which gained support in ALSA about 10 months ago.

Great work on Three-Headed Dog and DeadBeef, Playdayz :D

eden6000

#7 Post by eden6000 »

@pemasu, +1 for a stripped version...if you have time...thanks

pemasu

#8 Post by pemasu »

Sorry. I have tried. Iguleder has tried. I just cant get around the libiconv dependency. Scottman has managed to do it with hacking the source code, but I wasnt succesfull when I tried to follow his advices.
Maybe with next version. I have abandoned 0.5.1 with most of my puplets, so has Iguleder. We use still the older version.

No use to hit your head to the brickwall.

eden6000

#9 Post by eden6000 »

No worry pemasu..I agree with you, there is no reason to lose too much time for this...thanks btw

OscarTalks

#10 Post by OscarTalks »

I do a lot of listening to radio streams and have to say that DeaDBeef is quite a nice little audio player. GUI layout and functions are similar to Foobar 2000 which is my favourite when I am forced to go on smelly old Windows.

Latest version is 0.5.5 which has a lot of fixes. I have installed it in Slacko 5.3.3. and it plays all the main stream formats. Graphic equaliser works nicely.

Perhaps someone more experienced than me would consider producing a .pet?

http://deadbeef.sourceforge.net/
Oscar in England

Pelo

Pequalizer has an effect on it

#11 Post by Pelo »

version as default in Vector Linux. Pequalizer has an effect on it. That to answer an user question about pEqualizer would be active with pMusic only. Sure, my screenshot is not a proof (Dixit Medor, our french Tenor)
Attachments
MiniCactus.jpg
(54.33 KiB) Downloaded 222 times

hamoudoudou

And equalizer

#12 Post by hamoudoudou »

DeaDBeef 0.7.2 And equalizer