New Forum "Compiling"

discuss compiling applications for Puppy
Bruce B

New Forum "Compiling"

#1 Post by Bruce B »

Does anyone not have edit permissions for files previously posted?

~
Last edited by Bruce B on Wed 08 Jun 2011, 22:30, edited 1 time in total.

Guy

#2 Post by Guy »

your post is blank - could you edit it please . (This happened to me & removing the URL tags fixed it - some sort of bug apparently. )

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#3 Post by Flash »

Guy, I think you might be wrong. Clicking the "Quote" or "Edit" button in Bruce's post will show if there's anything in it that's not being shown in the regular view.

Bruce B

#4 Post by Bruce B »

In this case I didn't enter information in the post at first. I thought people would have ideas and if they saw this topic, it would encourage them to use it rather than start new topics relating to the forum, rather than compiling.

~

I have ideas, but didn't feel fluent enough to express them at the time.

~

Guy

#5 Post by Guy »

I am very interested in compiling for puppy but the package format seems to be a moving target all the time .

Lucid puppy uses deb but the next puppy is likely to use slackware packages. There is also pet, but I know that currently Barry K has been looking at rpms & just added rpm support (if I remember correctly) to wary.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#6 Post by Flash »

Bruce, I just read your OP with my brain engaged. :oops:
I can replace a file that's been posted. So can the person who originally put it there. Why do you ask?

Bruce B

#7 Post by Bruce B »

Flash wrote:Bruce, I just read your OP with my brain engaged. :oops:
I can replace a file that's been posted. So can the person who originally put it there. Why do you ask?
I had a complaint that a user of this forum cannot edit posts. I want to know if it is only this user or if everyone or anyone else has or doesn't have edit controls.

This way we can know if there is a problem to solve.

So let me be more specific, can I please have some feedback on this?

~

Makoto

#8 Post by Makoto »

I'm not allowed to edit posts, certainly. Or attach/download attachments.

Here's the list of permissions as I currently see it at the bottom of the screen. (Never did figure out why the labels sometimes change like this...)
Rules_post_can
Rules_reply_can
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).

puppyluvr

#9 Post by puppyluvr »

:D Hello,
Permissions = same for me...
Close the Windows, and open your eyes, to a whole new world
I am Lead Dog of the
Puppy Linux Users Group on Facebook
Join us!

Puppy since 2.15CE...

James C

#10 Post by James C »

Same for me too.

James C

#11 Post by James C »

James C wrote:Same for me too.
OK, I feel better now. The permissions problem is only in this one section of the forum. :)

pemasu

#12 Post by pemasu »

Just posted to this section and I wanted to edit my post to fix my text. I seem not to have edit rights. Could people using this section get information some way when the permissions and rights are fixed.

pemasu

#13 Post by pemasu »

Another interesting finding. I dont see this Compiling section under Additional Software if I am not logged in to the forum. When I logout, the Compiling section dissappears from the link list.

I would suggest this kind behavior to the Truly Off Topic section, but for Compiling I would think it is nuisance and I believe this has not been purpose. So think about this as bug report.

sc0ttman

#14 Post by sc0ttman »

pemasu wrote:Another interesting finding. I dont see this Compiling section under Additional Software if I am not logged in to the forum. When I logout, the Compiling section dissappears from the link list.

I would suggest this kind behavior to the Truly Off Topic section, but for Compiling I would think it is nuisance and I believe this has not been purpose. So think about this as bug report.
I think the edit button and hiding the thread from guests is really annoying actually... I have a few posts to update...
[b][url=https://bit.ly/2KjtxoD]Pkg[/url], [url=https://bit.ly/2U6dzxV]mdsh[/url], [url=https://bit.ly/2G49OE8]Woofy[/url], [url=http://goo.gl/bzBU1]Akita[/url], [url=http://goo.gl/SO5ug]VLC-GTK[/url], [url=https://tiny.cc/c2hnfz]Search[/url][/b]

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#15 Post by Flash »

Registered users should now be able to edit their posts in this Compiling subforum, attach files, download files, etc., just as they can anywhere else in the forum. If I'm wrong, please send me a PM. Thank you. :)

Makoto

#16 Post by Makoto »

Again, thanks. :)

(I know, I should've posted it here, rather than anywhere else... :oops: )

Edit: Just testing. :P
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).