seahaven: a solitaire card game

Play with your Puppy.
muggins

seahaven: a solitaire card game

#1 Post by muggins »

this is seahaven, a solitaire style game that has an auto-play mode. I rejigged the sources to get it display 800x600 & displays OK on my laptop...hopefully looks OK with monitors.
Attachments
seahaven.tar.gz
(33.81 KiB) Downloaded 996 times

MU

#2 Post by MU »

Thanks, that was requested a while ago (solitaire).

Dotpup:
http://dotpups.de/dotpups/Games/seahaven-solitaire.pup

Screenshot:

Mark

pakt

#3 Post by pakt »

Nice, but the only one I know how to play I think is called 'klondike' solitaire (the one that comes with wind*ws). Any chance of that one for Puppy? ;)

Paul

muggins

#4 Post by muggins »

pakt,

i've just uploaded xpat2 which has klondike in it.

with seahaven, the rules are quite simple. the object is to get all cards onto their respective aces. but you have to use a bit of strategy to make empty columns etc. only a king can be moved to an empty column, any card, with a max of 4, can be moved to the top 4 space, and any number can only be moved onto the next highest number of same suit.

e.g. in mu's example shot, if you moved 5hearts & 10clubs to top, then 2clubs onto aceclubs, then 2 aces up, then free column etc....

muggins

#5 Post by muggins »

pakt,

also ultrasol works on puppy, if you install the python-puppy & tkinter,
and it has heaps & heaps of different card games. my only problem with it was that i didn't like any of the cardsets, and never managed to reduce it under several Mbytes.

pakt

#6 Post by pakt »

Thanks for the info, muggins. I think I'll start with downloading xpat2. Klondike is perfect when you want to give the little grey cells a rest (what little I have left ;) ).

Paul