Compiling Goggles Music Manager?

discuss compiling applications for Puppy
Makoto

Compiling Goggles Music Manager?

#1 Post by Makoto »

This page lists all the dependencies for GMM: http://code.google.com/p/gogglesmm/wiki/Install.

Now, aside from Fox (hopefully the package from the wikka works for me; I kept running into errors trying to compile Fox on my own... :( ), dbus and sqlite, what of the other dependencies+dev headers won't already be included in my 'normal' Puppy 4.3.1 setup? (Particularly xinelib...)

...actually,

Code: Select all

sqlite3 -version
reports I have version 3.6.12 of sqlite installed (the above page mentions a requirement of at least v3.6.3), IIRC... I don't know if that includes the necessary dev files, though. :|
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).

pemasu

#2 Post by pemasu »

I dont know how you compile gmm in 4.3.1 puppy, but i have struggled through the compiling in Lucid Puppy based IcePuppy. I posted the result in that thread and also found ( in fact already found bug in source ) The gmm developer posted some comments in that thread also.
Next gmm version will have that bug fixed.
Mainly, I needed to search and hunt the needed icons from gnome-icon-theme package, but due to error in source code, the mini-player missed some icons because the code has error in finding them.
Another needed information is that recent gmm does not support the latest fox version, but next gmm version will.

pemasu

#3 Post by pemasu »

I was going to post in above post links to appropriate location of IcePuppy thread concerning gmm compiling but I dont seem to have edit rights.
I will fix these posts when this compiling section works properly.

p310don

#4 Post by p310don »

Makoto

#5 Post by Makoto »

Yes, and I'm using that one (thanks, jemimah!) But I've had a couple of glitches with it, and I wanted to try compiling the latest version.

pemasu: I haven't tried to compile gmm, yet. Never got past Fox. :oops:

Yeah, I'd originally wanted to edit the original post to say - for one thing - that of course, I'd have to obviously compile taglib, too.

I also tried a .deb of the latest version about a night or two ago... strangely enough, that build also had libxcb dependencies. :| (The gmm homepage doesn't mention that as a dependency, so...)
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).

pemasu

#6 Post by pemasu »

Taglib is easy. There are several fox libs floating around forum. I have compiled them and Billtoo has compiled couple of versions. I dont know if they work in 4.3.1. Mine are in smokey01 ftp repo, which you have probably found already with Qt4 libs downloading.
I uploaded my compiled taglib pet to the repo now also. Just if you or someone else needs it.
My stuff are unfortunately compiled in Lucid Puppy based Puppy using Ubuntu Lucid dev libs.

Makoto

#7 Post by Makoto »

The version of the Fox kit I found on the wikka (link in my first post), which includes the dev headers, seems to work - but I haven't tried compiling against it, yet. I wanted to see if I didn't have to compile all of the dependencies (if some of them + the dev headers were already available), because I wasn't entirely sure about replacing some of them (like sqlite, the libpng/jpeg libraries, etc.)

Taglib, I was going to compile, anyway. :)

(Edit (1/9/12): Just testing.)