pnethood 0.6.7 - samba share mounter

Configuration wizards, scanners, remote desktop, etc.
clarf

pnethood 0.6.7 - samba share mounter

#1 Post by clarf »

Hi,

I´m proud to announce the immediate release of pnethood 0.6.7.

This 0.6.7 version is based on latest 0.6.6 version (http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=60672) and latest HairyWill version 0.65 (http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=23464).

Fixes:

* Domain ID box not correctly shown after restart pnethood.

* Updated mount command for guest account, now Windows 7 shares work. Thank you shinobar.

* Updated mount commands to fix Geany problem opening Windows shared files. Thank you rcrsn51.

New Features:

* Separate options Window
- Save passwords
- Added cifs option to Disable Linux Extension (can help cifs to work with some buggy samba servers)
- Added cifs option for UTF-8 support
- User can control log size and Scan Network time.

Credits

Special Thanks to HairyWill who originally developed pnethood, your work is greatly appreciated.

Thanks to the people that helped to make this updated possible and everyone that tested and helped to improve the original version.

This release include some GUI changes and some new bugs could arise, please test extensively.

Any previous pnethood configuration file (/root/.pnethood/pnethood.rc) must be removed before use this new version. New information is written to the configuration file and previous versions are not supported

Greetings,
clarf
Attachments
pnethood_options_window.jpg
(29.97 KiB) Downloaded 3078 times
clarf_pnethood-0.6.7.pet
(26.71 KiB) Downloaded 1247 times

corianspirit

pnethood at wary 5.1.2

#2 Post by corianspirit »

I am using pnethood on wary 5.1.2.

I am able to see all computers in windows network. However, after selecting the computer to connect, pnetthood takes too long (30-40 seconds) to probe that computer for shared resources. As such, I want to create a short cut icon on my desktop so that each time i want to go to get a file on other computer, I dont have to click too much. How to do this ?

Wish list : It would be better if you can just click on the computer's name instead of click "ok" to select that computer. Also, probing time of the selected computer can be made shorter.

GBU :)

kattman

#3 Post by kattman »

You dont need Pnethood.
If you know the location of the the folder you can use something like.

mount -t cifs //USER-NBCVDQZ5JP/tvshows /mnt/share -o ,password=%20,rw,iocharset=utf8

Just edit the computer name and the folder paths.

I made a small bash script that i keep on the desktop (Rox pinboard) thats mounts and unmounts a network folder . Its a lot faster

Edit it to you liking, save it as "networkshare.sh", and make it excutable!
Here it is

#!/bin/sh
# A quick and easy way to access a local network share folder
# You need change the computername/folder/password "%20" = no password

answer=$(xmessage "Are you sure you want to mount / umount windows network drive? " -buttons Yes,No -print)
if [ $answer = "Yes" ]
then
answer=$(xmessage "Are you sure you want to mount windows network drive? " -buttons Mount,Unmount -print)
fi
if [ $answer = "Mount" ]
then
xmessage "Mounting XP share in /mnt/share !"

mount -t cifs //USER-NBCVDQZ5JP/tvshows /mnt/share -o ,password=%20,rw,iocharset=utf8
fi
if [ $answer = "Unmount" ]
then
xmessage "XP Share is unmounted !"
umount /mnt/share
fi

rcrsn51

Re: pnethood at wary 5.1.2

#4 Post by rcrsn51 »

corianspirit wrote: I want to create a short cut icon on my desktop so that each time i want to go to get a file on other computer, I dont have to click too much.
Have a look at YASSM.

p310don

#5 Post by p310don »

Clarf

Thanks for this. I really like pnethood, probably because I am most used to it. The standard in 5.25 causes the network to hang for about a minute while is probes, but this updated version doesn't have that issue. Awesome.

Thanks

clarf

#6 Post by clarf »

p310don wrote:Clarf

Thanks for this. I really like pnethood, probably because I am most used to it. The standard in 5.25 causes the network to hang for about a minute while is probes, but this updated version doesn't have that issue. Awesome.

Thanks
Thank you for you kind words p310don, I hope to continue improving pnethood. I'm focusing in graphic interface improvements for the next release.

Now that thunor has updated gtkdialog source (http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=69188) I can add more room for shares :).

Just adding the following code:

line 416 add:

Code: Select all

PNETHOOD_GUI=$PNETHOOD_GUI"<vbox scrollable="true">"
line 464 add:

Code: Select all

PNETHOOD_GUI=$PNETHOOD_GUI"</vbox>"
and using the latest revision for gtkdialog http://code.google.com/p/gtkdialog/, pnethood will have scrollable share windows... Don't forget to make a symlink from "gtkdialog3" pointing to the new "gtkdialog" executable (I think I'll also fix that for the next release too).

Best regards,
clarf