Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 23 Apr 2014, 13:44
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Utilities
SimpleGTK theme maker
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 1 of 2 [29 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Author Message
stu90


Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Posts: 1401
Location: England. Dell Inspiron 1501. Dpup

PostPosted: Sun 26 Jun 2011, 09:46    Post subject:  SimpleGTK theme maker
Subject description: GUI to make simple GTK themes
 

Updated to 0.7b
fixed bug with close (thanks L18L)
new info box to say which theme has been removed
added gtk button icons.

Important Updated to 0.6
L18L has fixed a big bug with theme removal. (thanks L18L)

bug: In the remove theme gui If no theme is selected and ok is clicked it moves the /usr/share/themes directory to /tmp

Updated to 0.5
Added fido / none root support (thanks L18L)
Fixed error with removing themes with white space in the name.
new version of yad-0.12.4 available here:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=539647#539647

Updated to 0.4
Added option to remove themes
Changed menu category to Desktop

Updated to 0.3
thanks L18L
#Do not loose chosen colors if Name is blank
#change blank to underscore in Name

Hello,
Here is a little Yad GUI for making simple basic GTK themes - there are no bells, whistles or fancy GTK theme effects here, i wanted to try and keep the GUI as simple to use as possible and as such there are only 5 inputs.

Note: For a more feature rich gtk theme maker check out Trio's GTK Theme Maker 1.4 here:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=45702

Background:
Is the main theme colour, input boxes and backgrounds.

Hight light:
Is the colour when you move over a button and through menus.

Selected:
Is the colour when you drag drop select text or directories / files and select files in the file manager.

Text:
Is the colour of the text under files and the like.

Theme Name:
Is what ever you want to call your new theme.



Dependencies:
Requires Yad - download is available on this link:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=536533#536533

Menu entry is in Utility
tested on lucid puppy.
simpleGTK-0.7b.pet
Description  version 0.7b
pet

 Download 
Filename  simpleGTK-0.7b.pet 
Filesize  2.1 KB 
Downloaded  468 Time(s) 
simpleGTK-0.6.pet
Description  version 0.6
pet

 Download 
Filename  simpleGTK-0.6.pet 
Filesize  1.96 KB 
Downloaded  379 Time(s) 
simpleGTK-0.5.pet
Description  version 0.5 (fixed version number)
pet

 Download 
Filename  simpleGTK-0.5.pet 
Filesize  1.85 KB 
Downloaded  382 Time(s) 
simpleGTK-0.4.pet
Description  version 0.4
pet

 Download 
Filename  simpleGTK-0.4.pet 
Filesize  1.79 KB 
Downloaded  359 Time(s) 
simpleGTK-0.3.pet
Description  version 0.3
pet

 Download 
Filename  simpleGTK-0.3.pet 
Filesize  1.6 KB 
Downloaded  385 Time(s) 
simpleGTK-0.1.pet
Description  version 0.1
pet

 Download 
Filename  simpleGTK-0.1.pet 
Filesize  1.21 KB 
Downloaded  364 Time(s) 

Last edited by stu90 on Fri 08 Jul 2011, 07:14; edited 8 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Geoffrey


Joined: 30 May 2010
Posts: 1223
Location: Queensland Australia ɹǝpu∩uʍop

PostPosted: Sun 26 Jun 2011, 10:09    Post subject:  

stu90,

hey that's not bad at all, nice job, works with Quirky 1.20 NOP, 10 out 10 for simplicity and usability Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
stu90


Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Posts: 1401
Location: England. Dell Inspiron 1501. Dpup

PostPosted: Mon 27 Jun 2011, 07:21    Post subject:  

Geoffrey wrote:
stu90,

hey that's not bad at all, nice job, works with Quirky 1.20 NOP, 10 out 10 for simplicity and usability Wink


Hi Geoffrey,
thank you for testing Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Geoffrey


Joined: 30 May 2010
Posts: 1223
Location: Queensland Australia ɹǝpu∩uʍop

PostPosted: Mon 27 Jun 2011, 09:02    Post subject:  

stu90 wrote:
Geoffrey wrote:
stu90,

hey that's not bad at all, nice job, works with Quirky 1.20 NOP, 10 out 10 for simplicity and usability Wink


Hi Geoffrey,
thank you for testing Cool


Hi stu90,

I was looking at the code I couldn't see where I could make the buttons text only.
In Xdialog --buttons-style "text" is used but that command don't work, could you give me a link
to where I can view that info, I'd like to try my hand at yad.

I've also tried your google image search but it don't seem to read the screen res, most likely something different in Quirky 120 NOP
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
stu90


Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Posts: 1401
Location: England. Dell Inspiron 1501. Dpup

PostPosted: Mon 27 Jun 2011, 11:07    Post subject:  

Geoffrey wrote:
stu90 wrote:
Geoffrey wrote:
stu90,

hey that's not bad at all, nice job, works with Quirky 1.20 NOP, 10 out 10 for simplicity and usability Wink


Hi Geoffrey,
thank you for testing Cool


Hi stu90,

I was looking at the code I couldn't see where I could make the buttons text only.
In Xdialog --buttons-style "text" is used but that command don't work, could you give me a link
to where I can view that info, I'd like to try my hand at yad.

I've also tried your google image search but it don't seem to read the screen res, most likely something different in Quirky 120 NOP


Hi Geoffrey,

I think the google image search you refer to is by lithpr, it uses wmctrl to get the screen res - i just installed it from the ubuntu repository.

There is not to much in the way of Yad documentation - there are a few examples on the Yad site
http://code.google.com/p/yad and options list in terminal yad --help-all

I really don't know much about using yad or writing scripts, as far as i know to remove button icons you need to set custom buttons - i have attached simplegtk script below with how i use yad to set buttons.
gkt-cancel and gtk-ok would use button icons but just a button name ok and cancel would not. You can name / use the buttons for what ever you want not just limited to ok and cancel.

thanks.
simplegtk.gz
Description  simplegtk (no button icons) extract and make executable.
gz

 Download 
Filename  simplegtk.gz 
Filesize  792 Bytes 
Downloaded  376 Time(s) 
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
seaside

Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Posts: 878

PostPosted: Mon 27 Jun 2011, 16:34    Post subject:  

stu90,

Nice compact utility.

Quote:

I've also tried your google image search but it don't seem to read the screen res, most likely something different in Quirky 120 NOP


You can use puppy's xwininfo like this-
Code:
xwininfo -root |grep Width|cut -d: -f2

to get screen resolution.

Cheers,
s
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
L18L

Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 2478
Location: Burghaslach, Germany somewhere also known as "Hosla"

PostPosted: Mon 27 Jun 2011, 17:01    Post subject: SimpleGTK theme maker
Subject description: small improvement
 

Hi stu90,

having chosen the colors and forgot to name it ?
Or gave a name including blank ?

No problem

Code:
VERSION=" v 0.3 "
#Do not loose chosen colors if Name is blank
#change blank to underscore in Name


My regards

PS: next step could be changing an existing theme
simplegtk.gz
Description  version 3
gz

 Download 
Filename  simplegtk.gz 
Filesize  1.19 KB 
Downloaded  380 Time(s) 
simplegtk.png
 Description   just my colours for testing
 Filesize   6.99 KB
 Viewed   1851 Time(s)

simplegtk.png

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
stu90


Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Posts: 1401
Location: England. Dell Inspiron 1501. Dpup

PostPosted: Tue 28 Jun 2011, 07:06    Post subject:  

seaside wrote:
stu90,

Nice compact utility.

Quote:

I've also tried your google image search but it don't seem to read the screen res, most likely something different in Quirky 120 NOP


You can use puppy's xwininfo like this-
Code:
xwininfo -root |grep Width|cut -d: -f2

to get screen resolution.

Cheers,
s


Thanks Seaside - that is handy to know. Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
stu90


Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Posts: 1401
Location: England. Dell Inspiron 1501. Dpup

PostPosted: Tue 28 Jun 2011, 07:10    Post subject: Re: SimpleGTK theme maker
Subject description: small improvement
 

L18L wrote:
Hi stu90,

having chosen the colors and forgot to name it ?
Or gave a name including blank ?

No problem

Code:
VERSION=" v 0.3 "
#Do not loose chosen colors if Name is blank
#change blank to underscore in Name


My regards

PS: next step could be changing an existing theme


Hi L18L,
Nice update - i have used this in simpleBOX as well. Smile

I originally though about editing an existing simplegtk theme but didn't go any further with it as it is so quick and easy to make new themes.

cheers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
stu90


Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Posts: 1401
Location: England. Dell Inspiron 1501. Dpup

PostPosted: Wed 29 Jun 2011, 22:30    Post subject:  

updated to 0.4 see first post for changes + download.

cheers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
L18L

Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 2478
Location: Burghaslach, Germany somewhere also known as "Hosla"

PostPosted: Thu 30 Jun 2011, 09:34    Post subject: SimpleGTK theme maker
Subject description: for unprivileged user fido
 

Hi stu90,

tested on wary512
which may run as unprivileged user fido.
Code:
# root password for user fido
 [ "`whoami`" != "root" ] && exec sudo -A ${0} ${@}
inserted at line 8 will let it work in all waries.

Without this the output is not true. Laughing
Code:
# ./simplegtk
Exiting
mkdir: can't create directory '/usr/share/themes/wau_wau/': Permission denied
touch: cannot touch `/usr/share/themes/wau_wau/gtk-2.0/gtkrc': No such file or directory
/root/my-applications/bin/simplegtk: line 72: /usr/share/themes/wau_wau/gtk-2.0/gtkrc: No such file or directory
New wau_wau theme created


Don't know whether this is worth a new version
but anyway it is worth a note in the title

My regards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Geoffrey


Joined: 30 May 2010
Posts: 1223
Location: Queensland Australia ɹǝpu∩uʍop

PostPosted: Thu 30 Jun 2011, 23:59    Post subject:  

Hi stu90,

I just tried you new version 0.4, when I click remove I get this when run in terminal, I'm running it in quirky 120 NOP, It does create a theme ok

Code:
# simplegtk
yad: symbol lookup error: yad: undefined symbol: g_malloc0_n
cancel pressed exiting
#
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
stu90


Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Posts: 1401
Location: England. Dell Inspiron 1501. Dpup

PostPosted: Fri 01 Jul 2011, 07:38    Post subject: Re: SimpleGTK theme maker
Subject description: for unprivileged user fido
 

L18L wrote:
Hi stu90,

tested on wary512
which may run as unprivileged user fido.
Code:
# root password for user fido
 [ "`whoami`" != "root" ] && exec sudo -A ${0} ${@}
inserted at line 8 will let it work in all waries.

Without this the output is not true. Laughing
Code:
# ./simplegtk
Exiting
mkdir: can't create directory '/usr/share/themes/wau_wau/': Permission denied
touch: cannot touch `/usr/share/themes/wau_wau/gtk-2.0/gtkrc': No such file or directory
/root/my-applications/bin/simplegtk: line 72: /usr/share/themes/wau_wau/gtk-2.0/gtkrc: No such file or directory
New wau_wau theme created


Don't know whether this is worth a new version
but anyway it is worth a note in the title

My regards


Hi L18L,
Thanks for the heads up - i have added this to new update.
cheers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
stu90


Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Posts: 1401
Location: England. Dell Inspiron 1501. Dpup

PostPosted: Fri 01 Jul 2011, 07:45    Post subject:  

Geoffrey wrote:
Hi stu90,

I just tried you new version 0.4, when I click remove I get this when run in terminal, I'm running it in quirky 120 NOP, It does create a theme ok

Code:
# simplegtk
yad: symbol lookup error: yad: undefined symbol: g_malloc0_n
cancel pressed exiting
#


Hi Geoffrey,
Im not sure what this error means nor am i able to recreate this error at my end - i did however find a error with removing themes with white space in the name (this is now fixed in v 0.5) maybe your error is related to this?

Also which version of yad are you using - the latest version i am using is yad-0.12.4 the .pet is available here:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=539647#539647

thanks for feedback.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Geoffrey


Joined: 30 May 2010
Posts: 1223
Location: Queensland Australia ɹǝpu∩uʍop

PostPosted: Fri 01 Jul 2011, 08:18    Post subject:  

stu90,

I just downloaded v 0.5 when I run it, it say's that it is v 0.4 and still the same error when remove is clicked. Confused

edit yeah using yad-0.12.4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 2 [29 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Utilities
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.0901s ][ Queries: 13 (0.0062s) ][ GZIP on ]