Puppy 2.00 best puppy yet

Using applications, configuring, problems
timcriger

Puppy 2.00 best puppy yet

#1 Post by timcriger »

I've just got to say...

Puppy 2.00 is the best puppy yet!!!!! I'm enjoying its speed, its imaging software, web browser and email client (much like firefox and thunderbird), its ease of configurability....

I can see that Barry and other developers are responding to users of Puppy... the fonts look nicer, icons are cleaner, background setter.... etc. Just look at this beautiful desktop with just a little tweaking of JWM:

Barry, thank you very much for this updated puppy!!! I love using this distro.

High regards,
Tim

kkpixkk

#2 Post by kkpixkk »

I want to agree very much with you, Tim. I am not of the computer generation so every new concept I learn is a challenge. I have a P3 600, 256 megs of ram, cable internet. Running Puppy 2.0 from the live cd is a joy. My ethernet, printer, email configure perfectly. Puppy runs very quickly because it loads into ram without changing my "C" drive (except for the "pup save 3fs" file which is storage). The only problem is locating programs, after installation, that are not in the various "menus". Mark, in this forum, has given me the various folders where these programs install to + from which I can just drag the program icon to the desktop. Thanks Barry. I was just about to give up on trying Linux because the other distros were too confusing for my "windows brain". Puppy and I seem to be on the same wavelength.

varaahan

#3 Post by varaahan »

That was how I tried to learn linux.

And I didn't have the chance of Puppy then (3 years back).

But once used to linux, try to learn it and soon you will become a linux addict.

edoc

#4 Post by edoc »

Have Puppy 2.00 on two desktops and one laptop and got a MS version of windows addict
to dual-boot Puppy 2.00 on his laptop as well!

Busy loading additional apps ... WOOF! WOOF!

doc
[b]Thanks! David[/b]
[i]Home page: [/i][url]http://nevils-station.com[/url]
[i]Don't google[/i] [b]Search![/b] [url]http://duckduckgo.com[/url]
TahrPup64 & Lighthouse64-b602 & JL64-603