Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 14 Dec 2018, 14:57
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
Pmusic 2 - alpha 3
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]  
Author Message
zigbert


Joined: 29 Mar 2006
Posts: 6563
Location: Valåmoen, Norway

PostPosted: Sat 25 Jun 2011, 16:48    Post subject:  Pmusic 2 - alpha 3
Subject description: 10 Jul 2011
 

Pmusic 2.0 - Share your music
Alpha 3

This release upgrades the backend dependencies to ffmpeg-0.8 and gtkdialog-0.7.21. The new equalizer depends on pEqualizer (by 01micko). All these new requirements is not easy to include into your running system. But the latest Spup is ready for you including Pmusic 2 alpha 3 with all its new dependencies. This is my (and hopefully your testbench for the new sound features like equalizer, WebMusic (youtube streaming) and Albumart.... Please test and help developing both Spup and Pmusic.

If things evolves as expected, there will be 1 more alpha before we reach beta stage.


Sigmund





------------------------------------------------------------------
Alpha 2

This is the second development release targeting Pmusic 2. It should be stable enough for daily use, but still under heavy development.

The headliners for this release:
- Show album art while playing
- WebMusic (play youtube music) is now integrated into most of the Pmusic structure
- Search function is improved
- play/pause button toggles icon

Now you can see how I think the track info should work. BUT, nothing is settled, so feel free to suggest..... Click on the album-art icon (or menu) in main window, and a 'whole world' of extended info is available to you. For Local tracks this require artist and title information (will be saved for next run). The rest should be found by Pmusic on the web.
- meta tags
- Lyrics
- Album list
- Discography
- www links to artist pages
- Album art
- Stream info




The WebMusic db is slowly increasing and counts today around 550 tracks. Add you favorites here. You may find that some youtube tracks don't play. This could be consequence of a slow internet connection or that our ffmpeg-0.6 troubles with the format. ffmpeg-0.7 is on the way, and is expected to handle this. Otherwise I need to make a more selective streaming-code to choose a proper format before start playing the track.

This release require the latest gtkdialog. Change its permission (to executable) and put it into /usr/sbin. You should probably backup the original gtkdialog.
pmusic-1.9.2.pet
Description 
pet

 Download 
Filename  pmusic-1.9.2.pet 
Filesize  95.17 KB 
Downloaded  250 Time(s) 

_________________
Stardust resources

Last edited by zigbert on Mon 11 Jul 2011, 17:32; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
01micko


Joined: 11 Oct 2008
Posts: 8683
Location: qld

PostPosted: Sun 26 Jun 2011, 22:47    Post subject:  

Hi ziggy

feedback time.

Overall pretty good.

I have come across a bug when clicking in the left pane in the wings the track is added to the play list but I get a "source not found" error. However if I right click the source can be found in the rox window clicking "show location", then just click in rox and it adds to the playlist. Notice in the screeny that the track time is missing. Hope this is useful.

Cheers
pmusic.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   57.63 KB
 Viewed   856 Time(s)

pmusic.jpg


_________________
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
zigbert


Joined: 29 Mar 2006
Posts: 6563
Location: Valåmoen, Norway

PostPosted: Mon 27 Jun 2011, 17:30    Post subject:  

01micko wrote:
Overall pretty good.
Yes it is usable, but I find new bugs constantly while working with new 'code-areas'. The new features infiltrate the Pmusic core, and bugs will show up. When we reach beta, it will be feature freeze, and stabilization will be the only focus.

01micko wrote:
I have come across a bug when clicking in the left pane in the wings the track is added to the play list but I get a "source not found" error. However if I right click the source can be found in the rox window clicking "show location", then just click in rox and it adds to the playlist. Notice in the screeny that the track time is missing. Hope this is useful.
I can't reproduce this error, so if you have time (I know you're a busy guy), please tell me more:
- It seems that length-detection works for most track. Is it 'filename-specific'?
- could you give me the content of /root/.pmusic/tmp/playlist
- Is this only happening in Pmusic 2, or also in 1.8.3?

BTW
The theme you are using is not optimized for Pmusic 2, and for that reason
- Play-button won't toggle between play and pause.
- No icon is shown when album art is missing.


Thank you
Sigmund

_________________
Stardust resources
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
r1tz


Joined: 09 Sep 2010
Posts: 165
Location: In #puppylinux (IRC)

PostPosted: Wed 29 Jun 2011, 10:44    Post subject:  

Smile

GENERAL STUFF:
WOW, it's very impressive.

Good job Very Happy


ABOUT RADIO:

When I start adding radio stations, the window stretches to be very wide as it
echo "Radio Stations database is not built.\n\nPlease go to the.... ... "
In a single line (in the progress bar)

Added A radio station into bookmark, works well. Click to show/hide on task-bar is lovable.

When I am playing from the radio station, the time shows 59:59 on the playlist.
So I listen to the radio for a long while just to see what happens after it passed the 1hour mark...
...and... it continue to play, so no problem there.

Then i discovered I can change it to display remaining time instead, so i listen for another 1 hour to test what will happen.
The time went into negative as expected.

I see an error message when I press "jump to" when streaming a radio.
But when i press rewind/forward it reconnects. I feel it should also display the error message.



RANDOM STUFF:

I found a weird bug. Under classic window, the music-source window refuse to open.
Even after restarting the program.
It worked again after I delete .pmusic
Then i activated the bug again without know how...

Right click menu doesn't close when unfocus-ed. Even after pmusic itself is closed.

I like how i can keybind with "pmusic -s [signal]"

Would be nice if I can click on a file in rox and make it play without wiping out my current playlist.
Something like "pmusic -aP [file]"

I tried to replicate 01micko's bug but failed.



ABOUT WEBMUSIC:

No instructions under the "web music" when its empty..maybe you should have a default playlist along with the .pet?
When i put the "index_webmusic" into the .pmusic folder, i had to rename it to "index_youtube"

Hmm. When I try to "add all" from webmusic source, it doesn't appear correctly in the playlist, it appears as "watch?v=..." without length of track.

Same goes for "add random". the naming is also wrong, with the track time missing.

Many times, even though it is already playing without lagging, the "Buffering... Please wait" message is still shown in the player bar.

Cool, we get images in the album art even though its from youtube.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger 
zigbert


Joined: 29 Mar 2006
Posts: 6563
Location: Valåmoen, Norway

PostPosted: Wed 29 Jun 2011, 14:24    Post subject:  

r1tz wrote:
WOW, it's very impressive.
More to come Very Happy


_________________
Stardust resources
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
zigbert


Joined: 29 Mar 2006
Posts: 6563
Location: Valåmoen, Norway

PostPosted: Wed 29 Jun 2011, 14:44    Post subject:  

r1tz
Thank you very much for your feedback
I am glad for the positive comments as well, even if there is not much for me to answer Smile

r1tz wrote:
When I start adding radio stations, the window stretches to be very wide as it
echo "Radio Stations database is not built.\n\nPlease go to the.... ... "
In a single line (in the progress bar)
Fixed for alpha 3

r1tz wrote:
When I am playing from the radio station, the time shows 59:59 on the playlist.
So I listen to the radio for a long while just to see what happens after it passed the 1hour mark...
...and... it continue to play, so no problem there.

Then i discovered I can change it to display remaining time instead, so i listen for another 1 hour to test what will happen.
The time went into negative as expected.
I have not thought of that. Does it play ok?

r1tz wrote:
I see an error message when I press "jump to" when streaming a radio.
But when i press rewind/forward it reconnects. I feel it should also display the error message.
Added to todo-list


r1tz wrote:
I found a weird bug. Under classic window, the music-source window refuse to open.
Even after restarting the program.
It worked again after I delete .pmusic
Then i activated the bug again without know how...


r1tz wrote:
Right click menu doesn't close when unfocus-ed. Even after pmusic itself is closed.
I have noted the same issue, and I wonder if it is a loop running trying to detect id3 info for radio/webmusic..... I'll keep an eye on it. If you find out exactly what's happening, please give a note.

r1tz wrote:
Would be nice if I can click on a file in rox and make it play without wiping out my current playlist.
Something like "pmusic -aP [file]"
Never thought of that combination. I have noted it, but it hasn't the highest priority.

r1tz wrote:
I tried to replicate 01micko's bug but failed.
Thank you

r1tz wrote:
No instructions under the "web music" when its empty..maybe you should have a default playlist along with the .pet?
already added for alpha 3

r1tz wrote:
When i put the "index_webmusic" into the .pmusic folder, i had to rename it to "index_youtube"
I thought alpha 2 is using index_webmusic instead of index_youtube. It is just a rename, and it will be index_webmusic for future releases.

r1tz wrote:
Hmm. When I try to "add all" from webmusic source, it doesn't appear correctly in the playlist, it appears as "watch?v=..." without length of track.

Same goes for "add random". the naming is also wrong, with the track time missing.
Fixed for alpha 3

r1tz wrote:
Many times, even though it is already playing without lagging, the "Buffering... Please wait" message is still shown in the player bar.
Yes, buffering is the general message showing up if no other message is defined..... Since Pmusic is evolving, This will be revisited from time to time. The messages is defined at bottom of /usr/local/pmusic/func_progressbar.....

r1tz wrote:
Cool, we get images in the album art even though its from youtube.
That is because you have added it in the index_webmusic Very Happy


Sigmund

_________________
Stardust resources
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
r1tz


Joined: 09 Sep 2010
Posts: 165
Location: In #puppylinux (IRC)

PostPosted: Wed 29 Jun 2011, 15:24    Post subject:  

zigbert wrote:
r1tz wrote:
When I am playing from the radio station, the time shows 59:59 on the playlist.
So I listen to the radio for a long while just to see what happens after it passed the 1hour mark...
...and... it continue to play, so no problem there.

Then i discovered I can change it to display remaining time instead, so i listen for another 1 hour to test what will happen.
The time went into negative as expected.
I have not thought of that. Does it play ok?
Yup it plays okay Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger 
zigbert


Joined: 29 Mar 2006
Posts: 6563
Location: Valåmoen, Norway

PostPosted: Mon 11 Jul 2011, 17:33    Post subject:  

Alpha 3 (see main post)

This release upgrades the backend dependencies to ffmpeg-0.8 and gtkdialog-0.7.21. The new equalizer depends on pEqualizer (by 01micko). All these new requirements is not easy to include into your running system. But the latest Spup is ready for you including Pmusic 2 alpha 3 with all its new dependencies. This is my (and hopefully your testbench for the new sound features like equalizer, WebMusic (youtube streaming) and Albumart.... Please test and help developing both Spup and Pmusic.

If things evolves as expected, there will be 1 more alpha before we reach beta stage.

_________________
Stardust resources
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]  
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.0986s ][ Queries: 14 (0.0207s) ][ GZIP on ]