Problem with pup201 beta-ftpd ftp server

Using applications, configuring, problems
r__hughes

Problem with pup201 beta-ftpd ftp server

#1 Post by r__hughes »

I have a problem with pup201 beta-ftpd ftp server it won't send files - only filenames - the transmission rate is stated to be 0. It receives OK. I have the same set up as in pup109ce & have tested as follows:-

pup109 server receives/sends ok with 109 client & 201 client.
pup201 server receives ok from 109 or 201 clients but will not send to 109 or 201 clients.

My pup201 iso m5dsum shecked ok & I have 201 loaded on 2 computers with the same results - maybe I have a bad burn - but everything else works beautifully - can someone confirm the problem?

r__hughes

#2 Post by r__hughes »

---- addendum

I just renamed my pup_save.3fs to pup_save.333 and booted up Live pup201sm CD to get a pristine setup - I got the same problem - none of my networked 109 or 201 clients can receive files from a 201 BetaFTPD ftp server. All I get is folders and filenames with 0 file length. While I remember - another odd thing is that I can't switch the server off - if I click the 'stop ftp server' button - nothing happens.

What is puzzling is that the identical server in 109ce works fine.

Since I had never used the ftp server in puppy200sm - I booted up Live pup200sm and its tried BetaFTPD ftp server. Same problem - can't get any files from this server either.

I have even downloaded the Betaftpd-0.0.8pre17.tar.gz file & installed as an alien pupget package - same result.

If anybody has successfully used pup2.0x BetaFTPD ftp server - please leave a message & let me know if you had to change any settings. I have used various combination of pup versions, CD disks and computers - I'm baffled.