Enlightment E17 plus fonts for Lucid

Window managers, icon programs, widgets, etc.
Iguleder

Enlightment E17 plus fonts for Lucid

#1 Post by Iguleder »

Here's another Enlightment build, this time it's a SVN snapshot from June 17th with nice extra modules, sane default settings, a working menu and a working .xinitrc. Pretty much everything you need to have E17 working under 5.2.5.

Notes:
- Let me warn you before you install: this may break your system if you tweaked .xinitrc.
- I haven't tested the PETs because I installed E17 manually, but they should work perfectly. Also, it's needless to say that E17 is experimental and unstable in some usage scenarios. However, it works great for me on daily basis.
- If you don't install the DEV, DOC and NLS packages - it's a 6.1 MB download. Tiny!
- Built on a clean 5.2.5 but should be compatible with recent puppies to a certain degree.
- Built using something I'm working on, an automated package building system similar to AUR and Koji. It comes without debugging symbols, some command-line testing utilities for e_dbus and API usage examples, which are useless for most users.
- The (new) backlight module and EFM (the file manager) are disabled because the former segfaults and the latter is both unstable and not very usable.
- Small tip: move /usr/share/fonts to a partition (if it's a frugal installation and not USB/multisession CD). I installed all the font packs I made and now I have 50 MB of fonts, that's quite much.

Quick Installation

Step 1: install Lua, BlueZ and PAM. The packages directory also contains the documentation and development files but you don't need those to run E17.
Step 2: install E17. I also suggest you to install the locales because there is a chance that E17 needs them to run.
Step 4: if you want extra fonts (to make websites and documents prettier), get them here. These packages provide all the "standard" fonts used in most distros. To save space, install the DejaVu and the Liberation fonts.
Step 5: restart X and enjoy some E17 goodness.

All the packages and sources are located here. If you need any extras, that's your best bet.
[url=http://dimakrasner.com/]My homepage[/url]
[url=https://github.com/dimkr]My GitHub profile[/url]

backi

#2 Post by backi »

Installed your E17 pets but cant 't set Wallpapers

GustavoYz

#3 Post by GustavoYz »

Are you using Nathan's Wallpaper stuff?
BTW, you have to use the E17's one, from the config menu.

night_mare007

#4 Post by night_mare007 »

File are down.... not in the server....

Where can I download this release or any newer ?