Slacko 312.37 110807

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
rcrsn51

#141 Post by rcrsn51 »

rcrsn51 wrote:For a quick image printing tool, use your web browser instead. Use File > Open File.
Or you can use PeasyPrint.

futwerk

#142 Post by futwerk »

Hi, I have made a few splash backgrounds for the new puppy.
Attachments
splash6.jpg
http://www.mediafire.com/?7v1msw26s6chb
(17.6 KiB) Downloaded 1031 times
splash5.jpg
(13.61 KiB) Downloaded 995 times
splash4.jpg
(14.73 KiB) Downloaded 977 times
splash3.jpg
(16.71 KiB) Downloaded 990 times
splash2.jpg
(17.55 KiB) Downloaded 1050 times
splash1.jpg
(13.08 KiB) Downloaded 997 times

Brown Mouse

#143 Post by Brown Mouse »

01micko wrote:

Brown Mouse.
I have seen that weird flash issue, but only on my nvidia box, all others are ok. What graphics chip are you using? I seem to recall that you have an nvidia, correct?

-
Hi 01micko

Yes,your spot on there.I do have an nvidia en210 card.

Béèm
Location: Brussels IBM Thinkpad R40, 256MB, 20GB, WiFi ipw2100. Frugal Lin'N'Win

#144 Post by Béèm »

01micko wrote:Hi All

Béèm
I can't reproduce that IPinfo issue, any special circumstance? (say resolution?)
No special circumstances.
My resolution 1024x768x24 with a Radeon 7500 card.
I got advice in a PM to use PupControlPanel, which uses ipinfo2.
I installed and I am evaluating.

The problem seems to come when there are a lot of connections going on.
They make the ipinfo window flow over on the screen.
Time savers:
Find packages in a snap and install using Puppy Package Manager (Menu).
[url=http://puppylinux.org/wikka/HomePage]Consult Wikka[/url]
Use peppyy's [url=http://wellminded.com/puppy/pupsearch.html]puppysearch[/url]

James C

#145 Post by James C »

My 2 frugal installs are still running pretty well....... nothing earth-shattering to report. :)

zigbert

#146 Post by zigbert »

Hi Mick
I have tested the lastest Pmusic 2 alpha in Spup311, and got some weird results:

Code: Select all

# amixer get Master
amixer: Mixer attach default error: No such device
# amixer controls
amixer: Control default open error: No such device
# alsamixer
cannot open mixer: No such device
Else of this music plays just fine... Pequalizer works well.
- Sound was muted at first run
- I have not dared to run alsawizard, since this crashed sound for me last time (Spup310)

Slacko artwork is improving :D
Have you considered to increase the jwm window border a bit to make it possible to resize the window for a trembling hand. The DuDE themes was built with this in mind, and still looked nice (my very personal opinion)

Sigmund

mikeslr

Problem Adding mtpaintsnapshot to tray understood

#147 Post by mikeslr »

Hi all,

I apologize if someone has already covered this but my reading of this thread is several pages back and I thought it better to mention it before I forgot.
One of the first things I do to customize my desktop is to add mtpaintsnapshot.sh to the tray. On a couple occasions in various threads I've mentioned that trying to do so via jwm configuration had been unsuccessful regardless of whether I manually typed in the arguments or "dragged and dropped" them.
This time, after trying both attempts unsuccessfully, I opened /.jwnrc-tray and discovered that instead of the icon I had selected only the following appeared: icon="".
While manually editing .jwmrc-tray to provide the information regarding the icon solves the immediate problem, unless I'm the only one experiencing it suggests that some of the code in jwm configuration may be in error.

mikesLr

Béèm
Location: Brussels IBM Thinkpad R40, 256MB, 20GB, WiFi ipw2100. Frugal Lin'N'Win

Re: Problem Adding mtpaintsnapshot to tray understood

#148 Post by Béèm »

mikeslr wrote:Hi all,
One of the first things I do to customize my desktop is to add mtpaintsnapshot.sh to the tray.
mikesLr
Maybe 310 isn't the same, but I succeeded in making a tray icon for mtpaintsnapshot
Time savers:

01micko

#149 Post by 01micko »

Sigmund,
Since alsaequal is installed it acts as another "device". Using any command to do with alsamixer/amixer now requires to specify which card we want the settings for, that is, the "-c" option is necessary with the card number argument. It's usually 0, but I guess can be 1 or more.

alsamixer -c 0
mikesLr
What icon are you using? Does it have a hyphen in the name? That may be the problem and should be an easy fix. I will look at that code anyway.
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

Béèm

Re: Problem Adding mtpaintsnapshot to tray understood

#150 Post by Béèm »

Béèm wrote:
mikeslr wrote:Hi all,
One of the first things I do to customize my desktop is to add mtpaintsnapshot.sh to the tray.
mikesLr
Maybe 310 isn't the same, but I succeeded in making a tray icon for mtpaintsnapshot
Booted up the 311.
As in the 310 I could add the mtpaintsnapshot.sh to the tray.
I added even others without a problem.
Time savers:

01micko

#151 Post by 01micko »

Sigmund

There is some important changes I am going to make in /etc/init.d/10alsa.

The default sound card is stored in /etc/asound.conf if it exists, else it is assumed to be 0.

defaults.pcm.card 0
(or whatever value)

So we can get the value from /etc/asound.conf (if there) easily. This info is thanks to kirk and the sound card wizard.

So, each call that is made in /etc/init.d/10alsa will have a -c option with the value of $CARD. (where CARD will be 0, 1, 2 whatever). This should fix mute sound issues for almost everyone.

I also found an existing bug in 10alsa that affects nvidia motherboards and sound detection (possibly others too). There is no 'Master Front' control call. My board (nvidia) doesn't have the Master control. That is why I have always had problems with mute sound at startup, any Puppy.

jim3630

#152 Post by jim3630 »

jim3630 wrote:
jim3630 wrote:When these broadcom drivers as well as others will work in above pups with only a change in the script then why not just include that script in the form of Frisbee.
o1micko, would appreciate your advise.

Is this a personal issue that a workaround solution should be sought out?

Is this a build issue that can be addressed?

o1miko what is your answer?

zigbert

#153 Post by zigbert »

Mick
Thank you for the explanation.

I have modified the mixer module in Pmusic to always use the defined card. I can not use /etc/asound.conf since this would be too Puppy specific. If card is not chosen in the preferences, Pmusic runs 'aplay -l' and grabs the first card.

If you are ready for a new release, please let me hear..... I have a working audioplayer with sliders for progress/volume/balance. I never thought it would happen, but thunor made it possible. :)

Btw
Pequalizer defines its presets as rock/pop/... What about type of speaker:
- laptop builtin
- external pc speakers
- headphones
- hifi setup
- high end
We have made it good-looking, but using sliders would make it even smalller. Not a big thing right now...... If you want me to help out, please send the latest code.

Sigmund

01micko

#154 Post by 01micko »

Sounds great Sigmund :)

Have you done any work on the vscale widget with pequalizer? I will post my very rough draft so far, it is a working draft so feel free to hack it to death :lol: . It's far from polished but I have had next to no time being very busy at work. (I was going to PM this but hey, more eyes the merrier :lol: see attached)

Presets for laptops etc would be a great idea. 8)

I will hold releasing the next alpha until mid-week, the pieces are starting to fit I think.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz

jim3630

I am considering frisbee as the default. It's a big job though as there would be lots of redundant code to remove. (SNS, which is entrenched in woof, also the Dougal Wizard). I will consider other's opinions on this too... enough support and I will go with frisbee.

EDIT: of course the gzipped equalizer needs the latest gtkdialog revision, also now attached
Attachments
gtkdialog3.gz
(58.83 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
equaliser.gz
(1.75 KiB) Downloaded 283 times

jim3630

#155 Post by jim3630 »

01micko wrote: jim3630

I am considering frisbee as the default. It's a big job though as there would be lots of redundant code to remove. (SNS, which is entrenched in woof, also the Dougal Wizard). I will consider other's opinions on this too... enough support and I will go with frisbee.
o1mick, understand now you have many things to consider on this matter. So, not to appear to turn this into a nag thread will make one last post.

Why include Frisbee either as co-installed with Dougal Wizard and sns, as a included pet so don't need to download, or stand alone connection utilitity?

Because it is easy and efficient for the less advantaged, less literate, less fortunate people on this planet whom Linux aims to provide quality os with quality programs.

Frisbee works for troublesome drivers like wl.ko because it has a script which does not time out. Have not read any reports of Frisbee not working for all drivers when used alone. That is, when Dougal Wizard and sns are co-installed only using Frisbee to make the connection. A potential conflict could occur if used together since Frisbee overwrites their scripts.

When Frisbee is installed need to know not to use Dougal Wizard or sns if they are co-installed.

One difference between having a menu entry to install Frisbee as a pet, hopfully the package would be included on the iso.and having it installed is the user has to have prior knowledge of:

1. to have a save file already made before installing the Frisbee pet.
2. after installing the pet don't try to make the connect cause Frisbee will fail... you need to reboot now doing nothing else.
3. don't try to use SNS or connection wizard since Frisbee will over write some of those scripts and this sometimes could be a conflict your mileage may vary.
4. after making connection with Frisbee reboot again has been advised with some pups.

pemasu had worked out the conflicts between Frisbee and Dougal Wizard and sns. so maybe, that would help.

zigbert

#156 Post by zigbert »

Hi Mick
The equalizer looks very good. I will look at it, but can't promise exactly when it will happen.

Here is the latest Pmusic (alpha 4) in case you 'suddenly' want to release something. For others interested; this is not released yet, but will be when Mick releases the next Spup. The reason is because Spup is containing ffmpeg-0.8 and gtkdialog-0.7.21 and is the raedy-to-use playground for Pmusic 2.

I will 'suddenly' leave for a holiday....

Sigmund
Attachments
pmusic-1.9.3.pet
(86.95 KiB) Downloaded 301 times

Billtoo

#157 Post by Billtoo »

Lobster wrote:Tried emelfm2 :) Many thanks
Worked OK but did not seem to support NTFS - first thing I tried
So I used your earlier compilation of Xfe (which supported my NTFS partition)

thanks again Billto :)
Hi Lobster,

I don't have a windows ntfs partition on my spup pc but do on my
laptop and the emelfm2 pet that I made for fatdog64 sees it.

zigbert

#158 Post by zigbert »

Mick
I am diving into equalizer code now. Will try to add your new code into the structure of the old to get it embeddable.

Sigmund

zigbert

#159 Post by zigbert »

Ok, here is next draft..... :)
Attachments
pequalizer-0.2.0.pet
(4.99 KiB) Downloaded 298 times

01micko

#160 Post by 01micko »

zigbert wrote:Ok, here is next draft..... :)
:D .. Draft??? :lol:

I was on the same path, but was a little stuck on the presets, I see you got it :wink: . Pequalizer is ready for stand alone release I think, may be handy for Barry's Drake Puppy too. I'll make a mention on his blog.
(Perhaps I should check the forum before I dive into coding :roll: :lol: )