Custom Puppy: "Kernel panic - not syncing: No init foun

Booting, installing, newbie
Houlala

Custom Puppy: "Kernel panic - not syncing: No init foun

#1 Post by Houlala »

Hi everybody,

I try to make my own puppy linux but i have some errors on boot sequence.
( I'm using qemu to emulate and install puppy linux on virtual disk )

I want to build a custom linux who only have firefox, so i add 0root-fs, firefox and xvesa packages.

I do this

Code: Select all

# ./expandtarballs.sh
# ./createpuppy
I use the 2.6.11.7 kernel to build the live CD

At the end, i get the iso and i try to boot it (always with qemu) but i have this error :
"Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel"
Someone can help me ? I didn't find something about it on the forum

Thanks a lot

PS : Sorry for my english skill but i'm french :(

#2 Post by Guest »

Did you download all of the packages?
We can't give much hand-holding with Unleashed -- there are so many variables. Basically, start with the defaults, make sure you can create the standard Puppy iso, then make incremental changes, like remove a package, substitute another.
Seems like you are being far to radical.

woodland

"Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found. Try passing

#3 Post by woodland »

HI,

Like Houlala i tried t build my own iso (i love firefox)..
Everything went pretty smooth; meaning no errors during building the iso, about the only diff with Houlala is that i used the 2.4.27 kernel which was what i should do according to the onscreen instructions.
(Burning the iso under puppy was not possible with my Liteon LTR-52327s so i burned the iso under windoze with Nero)

Booting the live-cd went fine but like Houlala i got stuck halfway during intialization with exactly the same error-message

"Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel"

i compared the contents of my iso with the original puppy-1.0.3-mozilla.iso but i can't find the prob

Some help, pointers, tips would be highly appreciated (plz)

BarryK
Puppy Master

#4 Post by BarryK »

Anonymous wrote:Did you download all of the packages?
We can't give much hand-holding with Unleashed -- there are so many variables. Basically, start with the defaults, make sure you can create the standard Puppy iso, then make incremental changes, like remove a package, substitute another.
Seems like you are being far to radical.
There is no more specific advice that can be given.
Have you actually done what I requested, start with a pristine Unleashed, make sure it works by just hitting ENTER to every question that createpuppy asks?
When you are able to produce working iso, THEN think about making small changes until you get the hang of it.