How to install USB HP deskjet 3650

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of printers
edoc

#21 Post by edoc »

rcrsn51 wrote:
edoc wrote:Her laptop is running Puppy 013.
Do you mean Fluppy 013? The page I referred you to covers Lupu/Quirky/Wary.
I am thinking that HPIJS 3.10.4.16 came with printer-scanner-5.sfs
You will recall from our last episode with printers that Fluppy has significant problems with its printer-scanner-5.sfs. At that time, I believe I directed you to a foomatic-rip package. You will probably need it here too. But since you have now installed multiple packages, it's impossible to say.

Unfortunately, Jemimah is no longer around to support Fluppy.
"Lupu/Quirky/Wary"

Should I take it that the new dpup/squeeze may also present problems?

I generally like the direction they are taking with that - stripping the distro to essentials and making everything else user-selectable from PETs and SFS's.
[b]Thanks! David[/b]
[i]Home page: [/i][url]http://nevils-station.com[/url]
[i]Don't google[/i] [b]Search![/b] [url]http://duckduckgo.com[/url]
TahrPup64 & Lighthouse64-b602 & JL64-603

rcrsn51

#22 Post by rcrsn51 »

edoc wrote:Should I take it that the new dpup/squeeze may also present problems?
You will have to talk to their developers. Or download a version and test it yourself.

W6LQR

HP 3640 Printer problem

#23 Post by W6LQR »

I have a HP J3640 which worked fine in Puppy 3.01 but when I used the same driver file ( hpijs, 3.9.12.9 ) with Puppy 5.2.5 I get just a page of ASCII text when it should print a picture.

The printout starts out with %PDF-1.3 and think it should be Postscript but I may be wrong.

I was running the test with ABI Word by the way.

Thanks, Jerry

rcrsn51

#24 Post by rcrsn51 »

For Puppy 525, you should be reading here and getting the hplip_print-3.11.7.pet .

You may need a fresh Puppy install to remove the old driver package before you install the new one.

BTW, someone else reported problems with printing graphics from Abiword. Can you print a plain text document? Can you print a page from your web browser?