How can i burn a shrank.vob file that Pburn made?

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
telltom

How can i burn a shrank.vob file that Pburn made?

#1 Post by telltom »

I used PBurn to shrink and burn a video dvd movie for backup copy but at the end of the session it tells me i don't have a writable dvd in the drive, not so. However, in the directory My documents, temp, i have the complete movie as a shrank.vob file. How can i burn that to a dvd? thanks
t

Makoto

#2 Post by Makoto »

Do you mean you just have the entire DVD as a single .vob file? If that's the case, what you have isn't a valid DVD-Video disc structure, and will need to be re-authored before it will play in a DVD player. (Player software like VLC might not have a problem with it, but actual DVD players probably will.)

Unfortunately, I haven't (yet) looked into DVD authoring methods under Linux.
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).

disciple

#3 Post by disciple »

What version of Puppy/Pburn do you have? Pburn 3.3.4 is the latest, so please upgrade it if necessary.

Can you normally burn a disk successfully? Do you do it manually, or with Pburn, or something else?
but at the end of the session it tells me i don't have a writable dvd in the drive
By "at the end of the session" do you mean you get that message when you click the burn button, instead of getting the burn options dialogue? Or you get the message after the burn options dialogue?
If you get it after the burn options dialogue, what you could do is use the advanced option on the last tab in the burn options dialogue, to edit the burn command. Copy the commands from there, and you can use them directly, outside of Pburn.

But if there is a bug in Pburn we would definitely like to find it. Can you please put the blank disk in, run `dvd+rw-mediainfo /dev/sr0` (replace sr0 with whatever is your burner device), and post the output here?
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER