How to use Pdvdrsab to shrink and burn?

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
telltom

How to use Pdvdrsab to shrink and burn?

#1 Post by telltom »

I was using K9copy in Mint but now in Puppy i see we have Pdvdrsab. No idea how to use it. can someone lead me to instructions. thanks

smokey01

#2 Post by smokey01 »

Read this thread from the developer.
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 713#172713

If your new to puppy install Phelp.
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 709#538205

zigbert

#3 Post by zigbert »

Pburn copies video-dvd (and shrink them on the way)

Sigmund

smokey01

#4 Post by smokey01 »

Sigmund, Pburn is my favourite burning application.

Is it possible with Pburn to determine to the final size. For example can I specify 1G and it shrinks it and reduces the quality to suit.

The other problem I often struggle with is when three TV episodes are on the one DVD. It only ever copies the first episode. How do I make it copy all three to three separate mpeg files.

Thanks

zigbert

#5 Post by zigbert »

smokey01

Pburn is optimized for simple copying of video-DVDs. Your task is somewhat more complex, and require more flexibility like pdvdrsab or similar.
For example can I specify 1G and it shrinks it and reduces the quality to suit.
The shrinker used in both Pburn and pdvdrsab is 'vamps' which works well, but won't shrink a 4gb to 1gb. You can see how it is set up in Pburns advanced tab where all execution commands is shown. It uses a shrink-factor to define the end-result. You'll get a message (in terminal) when you have reached a too high shrink rate.

Sigmund

telltom

#6 Post by telltom »

PBurn tells me my dvd is not recordable. I don't know what's up with that? I tried a re-writable, but same problem

smokey01

#7 Post by smokey01 »

zigbert wrote:smokey01

Pburn is optimized for simple copying of video-DVDs. Your task is somewhat more complex, and require more flexibility like pdvdrsab or similar.
For example can I specify 1G and it shrinks it and reduces the quality to suit.
The shrinker used in both Pburn and pdvdrsab is 'vamps' which works well, but won't shrink a 4gb to 1gb. You can see how it is set up in Pburns advanced tab where all execution commands is shown. It uses a shrink-factor to define the end-result. You'll get a message (in terminal) when you have reached a too high shrink rate.

Sigmund
I guess I can use ff-convert to reduce the resolution so it works better on my netbook and reduces the file size. It just adds a step and time which is what I am trying to avoid.

BTW did you have a solution for:
The other problem I often struggle with is when three TV episodes are on the one DVD. It only ever copies the first episode. How do I make it copy all three to three separate mpeg files.
Smokey01

zigbert

#8 Post by zigbert »

Pburn grabs the video containing most chapters, and suppose this to be the movie. You want it to choose several videos, and it won't. You should definitive look at the commands that Pburn builds in the advanced tab. These can be informative for you to build your own simple script.

Sigmund

zigbert

#9 Post by zigbert »

telltom wrote:PBurn tells me my dvd is not recordable. I don't know what's up with that? I tried a re-writable, but same problem
Is this when trying to burn a video-dvd, or does it happen at any burn?

Terminal output / screenshot could be informative.

Sigmund

telltom

#10 Post by telltom »

this happens when i try to burn a tv series dvd with multiply movies on it. If i burn a dvd that has a single movie, no problem.