freemind

Word processors, spreadsheets, presentations, translation, etc.
ariel

freemind

#1 Post by ariel »

project homepage: http://freemind.sourceforge.net/

FREEMIND
A mind mapper, and at the same time an easy-to-operate hierarchical editor with strong emphasis on folding. These two are not really two different things, just two different descriptions of a single application. Often used for knowledge and content mgmt.
the package has java as a dependency. You can find it in the download page. It is named cgj-jre-4-4-4-3-lucid.pet

- To run the program follow these step-by-step instructions:
+ download and install java by clicking on the pet package
+ with a text editor open the file /etc/profile and add the following two lines:

export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk
export PATH=$PATH:/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/bin

+ restart X
+ install freemind by clicking on the pet package
+ open a terminal and type `freemind' without quotation marks

tested with Lupu 5.1, 5.2.5
it does not run with puppy 4.x or Wary 5

:arrow: download freemind-0-9-0.pet
md5sum:
9b48b61386e454e4069b71f169aa3e73 freemind-0-9-0-lucid.pet
7d976848bfdc503af96c0914ab45d9d3 cgj-jre-4-4-4-3-lucid.pet

***********************************************************************************

openfile.sh is a script that opens files linked inside freemind. To use it follow these instructions:

+install the script in /usr/bin by clicking on the pet package
+open freemind and go to Tools>Preferences>HTML menu
in Default Browser Command Other Os, insert this command: openfile.sh {0}
+save
+quit freemind and launch it again

you can add other programs provided you add the extension of the file you want to launch (last 3 characters)
Attachments
openfile-0.1.pet
script to open files linked inside freemind
(669 Bytes) Downloaded 1034 times
screenshot.jpg
(72.31 KiB) Downloaded 2659 times
Last edited by ariel on Sun 03 Jan 2016, 19:29, edited 3 times in total.

Marcelo

Re: freemind

#2 Post by Marcelo »

ariel wrote: the package has java as a dependency. You can find it in the download page. It is named cgj-jre-4-4-4-3-lucid.pet
Where? Could you provide a link? Thanks!

muggins

#3 Post by muggins »

I don't know where cgj-jre-4-4-4-3-lucid.pet is, but this java sfs, posted by TheAsterisk!, should work fine, (saved to /mnt/home, then reboot):

http://content.wuala.com/contents/puppy ... 6.sfs?dl=1

If you have problems with this, please post back.

Marcelo

#4 Post by Marcelo »

Ariel:
The freemind-0-9-0-lucid.pet fails to install in Lucid 5.2.5.
AMD Athlon XP 2400+ 2010MHz / 512MB / Frugal install with [url=http://www.icpug.org.uk/national/linnwin/contents.htm]Lin'N'Win[/url]

ariel

#5 Post by ariel »

hi Marcelo,

I've tested freemind-0-9-0-lucid.pet with a brand new lupu 5.2.5 and it runs just fine with the instructions written in the main post.

are there any errors when you launch the program in a terminal :?:

Marcelo

#6 Post by Marcelo »

Hi Ariel!

I didn't try to launch it because I wasn't able to install it. I downloaded it, PPM asked if I want to install, I hit Install, and at the end there was a PPM message saying it couldn't install it.

Meantime I installed freemind using this method and it works OK, so I don't think I will be testing your pet again soon.

If it worked well for you may be the problem is machine dependent or some other variable... I don't know.

I very much appreciate your effort Ariel, I see you installed lupu to test the pet and I know how time and effort consuming this is. Sorry I cannot follow up now :oops: . Thanks again.
AMD Athlon XP 2400+ 2010MHz / 512MB / Frugal install with [url=http://www.icpug.org.uk/national/linnwin/contents.htm]Lin'N'Win[/url]

ariel

#7 Post by ariel »

@ Marcelo: I suspect your package was corrupted. did you check md5sum?

I've uploaded a script to open files linked inside freemind as xdg-open doesn't work properly in several puppies. see main post.

Marcelo

#8 Post by Marcelo »

ariel wrote:@ Marcelo: I suspect your package was corrupted. did you check md5sum?
Nope, I didn't :oops:.
ariel wrote:I've uploaded a script to open files linked inside freemind as xdg-open doesn't work properly in several puppies. see main post.
Great news :D. I was frustrated for not being able to open links to files. Need to go to work now but I'll try it soon.

Marcelo

#9 Post by Marcelo »

Hi Ariel,

Finally I was able to try your freemind.pet in Lucid 5.2.8, which I installed lately. I installed the pet following your instructions in the OP (with the Java SFS added by muggins though) and everything went smoothly and well.

I also tried your script openfile.sh and yes, it worked no problem.

Only this instruction in the OP...
you can add other programs provided you add the extension of the file you want to launch (last 3 characters)
...is completely cryptic until one thinks of opening the script and have a look at it.

So, just to help other users who may want to use your pet and script:

This is the script:

Code: Select all

ext=`echo "$@" | sed 's/.*\(...\)$/\1/'`

if [ "$ext" == pdf ] ; then defaultpdfviewer "$@"
elif [ "$ext" == txt ] ; then abiword "$@"
elif [ "$ext" == tml ] ; then firefox "$@"
elif [ "$ext" == abw ] ; then abiword "$@"
fi
As you can see it includes only 4 types of file and three programs to open them (abiword opens .abw as well as .txt files). You can add other programs provided you add the extension of the file you want to launch (last 3 characters).

Thanks again for the script Ariel, very useful indeed!

ariel

#10 Post by ariel »

fine :wink:

some more related info can be gathered here

mama21mama

#11 Post by mama21mama »

This wrong package, is full of binaries.

better use debian deb

freemind_0.9.0~rc7+dfsg-1_all.deb 2,469.9 kB

hamoudoudou

QtMindmap offered for Dpup strtech

#12 Post by hamoudoudou »

see Qtmindmap offered for Dpup strtech (available for Tahrpup from Pemasu stores)
Attachments
oneminute.jpg
Used Tahrpup 5.8.3
(45.53 KiB) Downloaded 345 times