Print problems with Puppy 2.01

Please post any bugs you have found
BarryK
Puppy Master

#21 Post by BarryK »

Yes, but it may introduce another problem. v2.00 has Perl 5.8.0, v2.01 has perl 5.8.6 as does devx_201.sfs. If the devx_201.sfs file is used, there will be a clash of Perl versions -- this was reported in another thread.
The best fix is to get the Socket.pm for 5.8.6, which I will do if i can figure out exactly what files are required. Puppy 2.02 will have this fix.
-- so when you upgrade to 2.02 you may have to manually uninstall perl 5.8.0.

flynch

#22 Post by flynch »

Thanks Barry,

I will be glad to manually remove perl 5.8.0, if necessary when I upgrade to Puppy 2.02.

What a wonderfully flexible distribution you have created, and the incredibly talented network of users, who are more than willing to help people such as me that have problems.

I applaud you and am sending you a well deserved contribution by Pay Pal.

Thanks again
flynch

capoverde

Puppy 2.01- odd printing.

#23 Post by capoverde »

Hello,

Printing with Puppy 2.01 was surprisingly easy two days ago, when I got my Canon i560 inkjet to print (from AbiWord) even in double-page mode, which I NEVER obtained from any Linux distro I've tried (over 15 in all).

But yesterday I tried to print again, and to my dismay the printer had vanished from the XPDQ list, although the session had been saved to HD! So I reinstalled it with exactly the same steps, but no-go... grr...

I've read other user's problems but they don't seem to match mine, so I'm posting this. Thanks anyway for this great Puppy!

Wolfen

#24 Post by Wolfen »

Is there a way for installing new drivers to Xpdq?
I have an HP Deskjet 820cxi connetcted to a WinXP computer, but I don't find any matching drivers in the list?
Wolfen