LibreOffice 3.4.1

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
Diamond

LibreOffice 3.4.1

#1 Post by Diamond »

Hello puppy lovers!

Please make sfs for new open office! Thanx!

tlchost

Re: LibreOffice 3.4.1

#2 Post by tlchost »

Diamond wrote:Hello puppy lovers!

Please make sfs for new open office! Thanx!
Oh Yea....since the subject said LibreOffice 3.4.1, maybe an sfs for that one would also be nice.

Thanks

pemasu

#3 Post by pemasu »

Check Polarpup thread first page.

Henry

Linux LibreOffice-3.4.1 Does it print? Incredibly, no.

#4 Post by Henry »

EDIT: For background see:
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Li ... 26425.html
---------------------------------------------------------
pemasu wrote:Check Polarpup thread first page.
I've been looking for a good place to ask about this (again). I'll try here.

I've been using LibreOffice since it emerged in various versions and never had this problem until 3.4 and 3.4.1. I have been unable to get it to print. Everything else AFAIK is fine, and I have been using the workaround of exporting to pdf and printing from there. Shouldn't have to do this.

As a test I just tried 3.3 beta again and it printed.

Neither the 3.4.1 portable in the wikka nor the LibreOffice-3.4.1_en-US-fixed.sfs in Polarpup prints. I am using QuirkyNop 1.2 but I doubt this is the problem.
Last edited by Henry on Sun 24 Jul 2011, 20:59, edited 1 time in total.

Henry

#5 Post by Henry »

See above post. Thanks.
Last edited by Henry on Sun 24 Jul 2011, 21:24, edited 1 time in total.

pemasu

#6 Post by pemasu »

I searched the net and someone tested printing with several Linux Distros. 3.4 versions printed in several tested distros but not in all. Puppy Linuxes seems to suffer this non printing situation atm. Root user and permissions have been the usual reason.

Henry

EDIT

#7 Post by Henry »

EDIT to summarize:

I have tested various versions of LibreOffice (Writer) from 3.4 to 3.4.2 (the latest) in sfs and txz in a variety of puppies, all of which print correctly with LibreOffice 3.3.

None of these later LibreOffices will print at all to a laserjet or inkjet, only ps/pdf, in my experience. They appear to send the print job, but when you look for it cups says "no jobs."

It's about time this got looked into from the LibreOffice &/or the puppy side.

Thanks for your patience. If I have overlooked something I will be happy and humble to have it pointed out. :-)
--------------------------------------------------------------
pemasu wrote:I searched the net and someone tested printing with several Linux Distros. 3.4 versions printed in several tested distros but not in all. Puppy Linuxes seems to suffer this non printing situation atm. Root user and permissions have been the usual reason.
Thanks for the commentary, Pemasu. You are to be congratulated for your excellent, artistic, derivatives.

Whether the printing problems in later LibreOffices are to be blamed on it or on puppy(ies), the fact is that LibreOffice changed something that caused it to stop printing in a some (maybe all?) puppyies. Perhaps it will be fixed in the next version. Do you have any particular "root user and permissions" advice for ordinary users?

Thanks, Henry

Henry

EDIT SOLVED!!

#8 Post by Henry »

EDIT 2: I upgraded CUPS 1.3.1 to 1.43 thanks to coolpup. LibreOffice now prints.

EDIT 1: I have learned a lot by a thorough reading of Pemasu's Midnight Sun thread (URL below). I am a user, not a developer, but have spent years refining my puppy based on QuirkyNop 120, so its replacement is not an option, while fixing the non-printing problem myself is not likely.

I just tried Pemasu's LibreOffice-3.4.1_en-US-fixed.sfs again, and while it fixes the printing problem in his derivatives it does not for me. Probably incompatible.

At least I know the problem is real. In the meantime I will continue to print via pdf and trust that either puppy or LibreOffice will get fixed :-)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
pemasu wrote:Back home. MNS Office Edition prints with my HP LJ1020 from Libre Writer ok.
I have just downloaded Pemasu's new Midnight Sun, and indeed LibreOffice 3.4 prints in it! Perhaps this good news will can spread!

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 931#546931

Diamond

#9 Post by Diamond »

Please post a link for new Libre oFFice 3.4.3... or at least 3.4.1. Thanx!