New Docs... Let me know what you think.

Helping keep Puppy well documented
brad_chuck

New Docs... Let me know what you think.

#1 Post by brad_chuck »

I would like feedback on the format of the doc more than the content as it is very much in progress. If you would like to help with the documnet send in corrections and additions. It is in the Docs folder on ftp://ftp.servage.net where the username is puppy and the password is linux.

See this post for more info on the ftp server.

http://www.murga.org/%7Epuppy/viewtopic ... 0928#50928

thanks, Brad

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#2 Post by Lobster »

Excellent
:D

Just what we needed. I suggest two columns because it is easier for people to read 5-7 words per line.

Other than that a spell check in Abi. Really good to have things in html, abi and rtf

Hey testers and proof readers - here is a task for ya . . .
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

raffy

Yes!

#3 Post by raffy »

Thanks for that - it will be a while to make additions, though, something that can be done over the wekend :)

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#4 Post by Flash »

Regarding Lobster's two-column suggestion, I find it much harder to follow what the author is saying when I have to scroll back up to the top of the page halfway through it. Maybe it's a personal failing, but it breaks my concentration. I avoid downloading pdf files for the reason that most of them are 2-column format. :)

I do agree that a page is more readable if the width of the text is much less than the standard, what, 80 characters? Some textbooks put the body of the text in one column on each page, with a smaller column beside it for asides such as drawings, remarks and notes that apply to the main text next to them. I always liked that format best for imparting a difficult or complicated subject.

brad_chuck

New format.

#5 Post by brad_chuck »

I changed the format. This seems to be the easiest one for me to read. Half way between me and lobster. I will try the textbook idea later today.

Oh yeah and I turned on the spell check... sorry.

brad_chuck

New Changes

#6 Post by brad_chuck »

New changes. I put them in the same place. Have a look.