Puppy just made her day

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
Bancobusto

Puppy just made her day

#1 Post by Bancobusto »

Well, I was visiting a friend and noticed that her computer looked absolutely horrible. She was running Win95, and had somehow managed to corrupt her video drivers or something, so her display was completely screwed up, 16 colours at 600x480 or some such crap. Living way out in the country and not having an internet connection or freinds around who could help her, she was just living with it. The only thing that she was doing with that computer was writing letters.
So, I just happenned to have my Puppy CD in the car (why, I can't remember, just freaky that way, I guesse) - so asked her if it was OK if I booted into Puppy on her machine, mostly for my own curiosity's sake.
Well, she was blown away. And after showing her how to use Abiword, print, save etc., she was completely, 100% SOLD.
So I'm writing this to let all those who have contributed to this project, and who continue to, know that you have made an old womans computing life 100% more enjoyable.

Cheers, and Thank You!

(Just realized that I should have posted in the other section, to "Promote Puppy", sorry)

:-)

Freedom isn't just a Puppy-Linux forum member!

Rich

#2 Post by Rich »

I always carry a copy ( or a bootable USB version ) for just such an occasion.

Good stuff mate. Another enlightened computer user to add to the ranks ! 8)