compiled with ssl and ipv6 support

next days I'll make also dillo for 3.01 and 4.3.1 puppy
Can this .pet be used on lupu528?
[color=green][i]Don -- Thailand[/i][/color]
[url=http://www.puppylinux.com][img]http://tinypic.com/4e0tojl.jpg[/img][/url]

vovchik

#42 Post by vovchik »

Dear dingo, don922, Karl, etc.,

Works fine in my Lucid 2.5. Is there any way of making dillo look less, say, 1995. It is extremely fast but also extremely ugly. In sime FLTK apps, you used to be able to give command-line parameters for style. Any such possibility with Dillo?

with thanks and kind regards,
vovchik

muggins

#43 Post by muggins »

Vovchik,

I suspect this isn't what you're after, but thought I'd mention anyway that Miriam has a thread, on improving Dillo's looks, here.

vovchik

#44 Post by vovchik »

Dear muggins,

Thanks for the links. I remember I wrote and compiled a few little things using FLTK and was able to indicate a choice of "theme" or "style". I will have to check my sources and see whether such an thing can't be done for Dillo, since it is nice and fast but just ugly. Somebody has done a shutdown for puppy in FLTK and it uses a better style (sort of like Mac). I also did that long ago....but my memory is not what it used to be :)

With kind regards, vovchik

aragon

#45 Post by aragon »

uploaded actual version to first post.

aragon

vovchik

#46 Post by vovchik »

Dear aragon,

Your version doesn't seem to have freetype2 or XFT compiled in - the Lucid version looks great in terms of typefaces but your latest does not look good in Lucid - but it works...

With kind regards,
vovchik

aragon

#47 Post by aragon »

hi vovchik,

it's compiled against static fltk-1.3.0 (which has xft enabled) on 4.3.1. I've changed the used fonts in /etc/dillo/dillorc to puppy ones. but you're right, fonts look ugly... but it works fast as allways, so no problem (for me).

aragon

Dingo

#48 Post by Dingo »

vovchik wrote:Dear dingo, don922, Karl, etc.,

Works fine in my Lucid 2.5. Is there any way of making dillo look less, say, 1995. It is extremely fast but also extremely ugly. In sime FLTK apps, you used to be able to give command-line parameters for style. Any such possibility with Dillo?

with thanks and kind regards,
vovchik
I applied this patch in src subdir of sourcecode, to change default appereance from default (none) to plastic

Code: Select all

diff -r 6fe817711ef4 src/dillo.cc
--- dillo.cc      Fri Aug 05 21:39:27 2011 -0400
+++ dillo.cc      Sat Aug 06 22:34:28 2011 +0000
@@ -379,6 +379,8 @@
                                             // only way to set the
                                             // default font in fltk1.3

+   Fl::scheme("plastic");
+
    // Create a new UI/bw pair
    BrowserWindow *bw = a_UIcmd_browser_window_new(0, 0, xid, NULL);
changing plastic with gtk+ value, makes you able to build dillo with fltk gtk theme (I attach)
Attachments
dillo-none.png
dillo open window with default fltk theme (none)
(19.48 KiB) Downloaded 1619 times
dillo-gtk+.png
dillo open window with gtk+ theme
(26.99 KiB) Downloaded 1542 times
Last edited by Dingo on Mon 12 Sep 2011, 21:30, edited 2 times in total.
replace .co.cc with .info to get access to stuff I posted in forum
dropbox 2GB free
OpenOffice for Puppy Linux

vovchik

#49 Post by vovchik »

Dear dingo,

Yep, precisely what I was after. Thanks a million. I remember it was easy, but did not recall the syntax. I'm glad you knew it....:)

With kind regards, vovchik

aragon

#50 Post by aragon »

Have tested dingos patch and will upload an updated package with FL-scheme-setting 'gtk+' soon. Looks a little better.

Thanks Dingo!

Aragon

session

#51 Post by session »

If Xft is enabled in this latest Dillo pet, why can't I view a single scalable font?

technosaurus

#52 Post by technosaurus »

I compiled it with a static uclibc++, fltk-1.3 and disabled everything but ssl ... it is actually larger but uses <5Mb Ram with the about page. ... but yes Xft does appear to be necessary, because I can't even tell what I am typing
Check out my [url=https://github.com/technosaurus]github repositories[/url]. I may eventually get around to updating my [url=http://bashismal.blogspot.com]blogspot[/url].

aragon

#53 Post by aragon »

session wrote:If Xft is enabled in this latest Dillo pet, why can't I view a single scalable font?
if you're talking about my package: it's actually set to bitmapped fonts in /etc/dillo/dillorc. To change:
- first copy /etc/dillo/dillorc to /root/.dillo/dillorc (if it doesn't allready exist).
- Disable bitmapped (line 60 ff) and set the valiues for scalable (line 50 ff) to appropriate values for your system.
- Save and restart dillo. To check, if dillo 'accepts' your font-settings run it from a terminal. If the settings are wrong, you'll see.

Hope that helps.

aragon

jpeps

#54 Post by jpeps »

technosaurus wrote:I compiled it with a static uclibc++, fltk-1.3 and disabled everything but ssl ... it is actually larger but uses <5Mb Ram with the about page. ... but yes Xft does appear to be necessary, because I can't even tell what I am typing
I only installed /usr/bin/dillo, which is actually 64K smaller then ver 2.2 in lucid 5.2.5 base

(also installed 12K /usr/lib/dillo/dpi/vsource/vsource.filter.dpi, although don't know if I need it).

jpeps

#55 Post by jpeps »

jpeps wrote:
technosaurus wrote:I compiled it with a static uclibc++, fltk-1.3 and disabled everything but ssl ... it is actually larger but uses <5Mb Ram with the about page. ... but yes Xft does appear to be necessary, because I can't even tell what I am typing
Besides the saving in /usr/bin/dillo, also noted a 108K savings in the downloads.dpi :

new: 320K ./usr/lib/dillo/dpi/downloads/downloads.dpi
in base: 428K /usr/lib/dillo/dpi/downloads/downloads.dpi

Edit: [I wonder if the "remote certificate cannot be verified"] ...installed the whole package, and note that the bug was fixed...now the only problem is that it fails to log on. No problem with my links text browser.
Edit2: It's working; I had a typo in cookiesrc. Hey...this browser is getting to be useable! Good thing, since Firefox is becoming increasingly unuseable.

jpeps

capi_filters

#56 Post by jpeps »

What's with the Capi_filters_test ? I would think having cookies set to DEFAULT ALLOW would be enough.

Capi_filters_test: DENY from 'online.wsj.com' to 'si.wsj.net'

session

#57 Post by session »

aragon wrote:
session wrote:If Xft is enabled in this latest Dillo pet, why can't I view a single scalable font?
if you're talking about my package: it's actually set to bitmapped fonts in /etc/dillo/dillorc. To change:
- first copy /etc/dillo/dillorc to /root/.dillo/dillorc (if it doesn't allready exist).
- Disable bitmapped (line 60 ff) and set the valiues for scalable (line 50 ff) to appropriate values for your system.
- Save and restart dillo. To check, if dillo 'accepts' your font-settings run it from a terminal. If the settings are wrong, you'll see.

Hope that helps.

aragon
That's the first thing I did; enabling scalable fonts in dillorc changes some font sizes in web pages but does not seem to enable actual scalable fonts. Terminal doesn't complain of any wrong font settings...
[color=green]Primary[/color] - Intel Pentium 4 2.40GHz, 571MB RAM, ATI Radeon 7000. Linux Mint 17 Qiana installed.
[color=blue]Secondary[/color] - Pentium 3 533MHz, 385MB RAM, ATI Rage 128 Pro ULTRA TF. Precise Puppy 5.7.1 Retro full install.

jpeps

#58 Post by jpeps »

session wrote: That's the first thing I did; enabling scalable fonts in dillorc changes some font sizes in web pages but does not seem to enable actual scalable fonts. Terminal doesn't complain of any wrong font settings...
Yes, Links seems to do a better job of scaling.

edit: reinstalled techno's version, and now scaling correctly.
Last edited by jpeps on Sat 17 Sep 2011, 17:39, edited 1 time in total.

technosaurus

#59 Post by technosaurus »

here is my uclibc++ .config

#
# Automatically generated make config: don't edit
#

#
# Target Features and Options
#
# UCLIBCXX_HAS_FLOATS is not set
# UCLIBCXX_HAS_TLS is not set
WARNINGS="-Wall -Os -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -mno-accumulate-outgoing-args -fomit-frame-pointer -march=i586 -mtune=i686"
BUILD_EXTRA_LIBRARIES="-ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wl,-O2,--gc-sections,--as-needed,--sort-common,-s"
HAVE_DOT_CONFIG=y

#
# String and I/O Stream Support
#
# UCLIBCXX_HAS_WCHAR is not set
UCLIBCXX_IOSTREAM_BUFSIZE=0
# UCLIBCXX_HAS_LFS is not set
# UCLIBCXX_SUPPORT_CDIR is not set

#
# STL and Code Expansion
#
UCLIBCXX_STL_BUFFER_SIZE=4
# UCLIBCXX_CODE_EXPANSION is not set

#
# Library Installation Options
#
UCLIBCXX_RUNTIME_PREFIX="/usr/uClibc++"
UCLIBCXX_RUNTIME_INCLUDE_SUBDIR="/include"
UCLIBCXX_RUNTIME_LIB_SUBDIR="/lib"
UCLIBCXX_RUNTIME_BIN_SUBDIR="/bin"
# UCLIBCXX_EXCEPTION_SUPPORT is not set
BUILD_STATIC_LIB=y
BUILD_ONLY_STATIC_LIB=y
# DODEBUG is not set
fltk-1.3 config options

CC=gcc CXX=/usr/uClibc++/bin/g++-uc CFLAGS=" -I/usr/uClibc++/include -pipe -combine -Os -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -mno-accumulate-outgoing-args -fomit-frame-pointer -march=i586 -mtune=i686 " CXXFLAGS=" -I/usr/uClibc++/include -pipe -combine -Os -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fomit-frame-pointer -mno-accumulate-outgoing-args -march=i586 -mtune=i686 -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti  " LDFLAGS="-Wl,--gc-sections,--sort-common,--as-needed,-s" ./configure --prefix=/usr --disable-threads --disable-gl --disable-largefile --with-optim=" -I/usr/uClibc++/include -pipe -combine -Os -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fomit-frame-pointer -mno-accumulate-outgoing-args -march=i586 -mtune=i686 -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti " --disable-xinerama --disable-xdbe --sysconfdir=/etc
dillo config options

CC=gcc CXX=/usr/uClibc++/bin/g++-uc CFLAGS=" -I/usr/uClibc++/include -pipe -combine -Os -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -mno-accumulate-outgoing-args -fomit-frame-pointer -march=i586 -mtune=i686 " CXXFLAGS=" -I/usr/uClibc++/include -pipe -combine -Os -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fomit-frame-pointer -mno-accumulate-outgoing-args -march=i586 -mtune=i686 -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti  " LDFLAGS="-Wl,--gc-sections,--sort-common,--as-needed,-s" ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --enable-ssl
which gives you these dependencies

NEEDED               ld-linux.so.2
  NEEDED               libc.so.6
  NEEDED               libdl.so.2
  NEEDED               libfontconfig.so.1
  NEEDED               libgcc_s.so.1
  NEEDED               libjpeg.so.7
  NEEDED               libm.so.6
  NEEDED               libpthread.so.0
  NEEDED               libX11.so.6
  NEEDED               libXft.so.2
  NEEDED               libz.so.1
if Xft is disabled in fltk then these are the only dependencies

NEEDED               ld-linux.so.2
  NEEDED               libc.so.6
  NEEDED               libdl.so.2
  NEEDED               libgcc_s.so.1
  NEEDED               libjpeg.so.7
  NEEDED               libm.so.6
  NEEDED               libX11.so.6
  NEEDED               libz.so.1
notice that neither one requires fltk or libstdc++ :)
Check out my [url=https://github.com/technosaurus]github repositories[/url]. I may eventually get around to updating my [url=http://bashismal.blogspot.com]blogspot[/url].

jpeps

#60 Post by jpeps »

I'm trying aragon's version. It doesn't find the fonts listed in dillorc for some reason. I tried several that show up with fc-list : family.

techno's version is working correctly, and the fonts are now scaling properly.