Macpup 525 & Macpup 528 & 528v2

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Atle

#201 Post by Atle »

A Macpup 5.2.8 with Joomla 1.7 is here http://bayfiles.com/file/12UF/s1rU7j/Ma ... la-1_7.iso

Its a 191.13 MB ISO

Feel free to post a comment to this specific herehttp://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=71614

Atle :)

backi

#202 Post by backi »

Hi runtt21 and everyone !

Had problems before downloading audacity ( and also installing audacity pet
lucid 525).
Problem solved.

Installed from folder macpup 528 from this place :
http://macpup.org/runtt21/

Works for me without problems.

Thank you !

runtt21

#203 Post by runtt21 »

russoodle has added a great guide for setting up CUPS .I have added it to the macpup user guide.

http://hardkap.net/forums/topic/configu ... macpup-528

runtt21

#204 Post by runtt21 »

Usually we have sneeky's video before we release.Didn't happen that way this time. Anyway here it is!!! Thanks Sneeky!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epXfXYGZkhw

runtt21

#205 Post by runtt21 »

ciento

#206 Post by ciento »

Just booted from macpup 528, its quite a beauty! Nice that wvdial works
with nothing more than adding a config file with account details. Definitely will be put to serious use. Thankyou for all the effort put into this release.
Cheers

James C

#207 Post by James C »

Did a full install of Macpup 528 on one of my old P3's ......... everything working fine out of the box.No problems.

kros54

menu editing

#208 Post by kros54 »

The release notes read: E17 is the best thema on the planet.
Not only the best, but perhaps the most beautiful as well.
Congratulations!
The Hungarian edition of a place, which I can not find the edit option. The picture attached.
I want you instead of English and Hungarian, this is it.
Attachments
menu0v.jpg
(22.67 KiB) Downloaded 1338 times

backi

#209 Post by backi »

Hi folks ... hi runtt21 !

"problem " with clock solved.

Did some wrong settings..works absolute correct now .

I have to admit once again... .....this puppy is wowww !!!!!!

runtt21

#210 Post by runtt21 »

kros54 "everything" and "screenshot" are separate modules in e17. You may not be able to localize them yet. E is still in development. It isn't completely finished yet .

runtt21

#211 Post by runtt21 »

It's been a great day so far. We are up to 25 at DW. That may be a short run They had 3 release announcements after us on the same day. But that is ok. All the feed back has been good. :D Thank you very much everybody !! :D

Volhout

#212 Post by Volhout »

I am using puppy 528 for a while now, and wanted to try Macpup 528.

The puppy 5 series have an anoyance that you need to re-install a frugal install from USB stick onto USB stick again before they recognise the save file (different from Wary 5x series, that does this automatic), so generally first thing I do is re-install, even before I set the Xorg parameters (you have top do it all again anyway).

But your beautyfull Macpup started out with the right screen resolution, and launched Firefox (with the intro page). I was so impressed with the slick behaviour that I started out using Macpup528 without installing it. Compliments !! It works great. Smooth and beautifull.

1/
I noticed however that flash did not install automatically when I launched the browser, and I could not find flash player in the top level of Quickpet.

(Re)-installed frugal booted correct, and found save file. But still no flash player, nor a popup to install flash player from repositories. When you hit flash content there is a popup to download it from adobe. I manually installed the 10.3 version from quickpet, and that works.

Running Macpup now......

2/ installed Java from quickpet, and install correct. It does not work together with E17 though (see attached). Also in Firefox (Oracle Java test page) Java does not seem to work.

Can you fix this ??

3/ When starting MTpaint (to create the above screenshot) I noticed a problem with the font set. (Try to open/save a file in MTpaint by typing the name).

Regards,

runtt21

#213 Post by runtt21 »

Lupu 528 doesn't come with flash / this Macpup doesn't either.

All of that is covered in the guide:

http://hardkap.net/forums/topic/using-macpup

Volhout

#214 Post by Volhout »

I must be doing something wrong then.

I installed Java 3x now. Once from Quickpet (prior to the update). Second time again from Quickpet. And 3rd time from the macpup guide.

Whenever I start firefox and type about:plugins, the list starts with flash player, and no-where in this list I find java.

Does java install in the default web browser only ? I did not set Firefox as default browser because I am planning to use Opera as default browser when everything works.

Volhout

P.S. I also see the artefacts with the fonts in Firefox while I am typing this response. Its shows a grey or black bars overlaying pieces of exts (making them unreadable). Changing the focus (with mouse) to an unreadable piece of text brings the text back. So the problem is not with MTpaint.

russoodle

#215 Post by russoodle »

Volhout wrote:P.S. I also see the artefacts with the fonts in Firefox while I am typing this response. Its shows a grey or black bars overlaying pieces of exts (making them unreadable). Changing the focus (with mouse) to an unreadable piece of text brings the text back. So the problem is not with MTpaint.
That's a rather annoying aberration...it's not Macpup-specific though, because, although it happens on mine at times as well, it also happens on Luci-529.

I've been messing a bit with the new versions of Psip and i get those artefacts blanking out the text input fields in Psip, so it's not Firefox-specific, either..

I've also experienced this in other Puppies in the past, so should probably have filed a bug report back then, because i can't remember now which ones behave like that....could be something to do with the video drivers.
[i][color=Green][size=92]The mud-elephant, wading thru the sea, leaves no tracks..[/size][/color][/i]

Volhout

#216 Post by Volhout »

The problem resides in the video driver. Tested on a different PC, the problem is gone.

kros54

Firefox&flash

#217 Post by kros54 »

The Macpup528 once installed, Firefox is updated immediately.
I installed Flash Player,
Download: ftp://puppylinux.hu/puppylinux/pet-pack ... -lucid.pet
Perfect.
Java: ftp://puppylinux.hu/puppylinux/pet-pack ... 6.0.22.pet
Perfect, too.
Other places may be called the essence of the package name.
Java is not "required", but a good idea to Internet Banking.

runtt21

#218 Post by runtt21 »

Volhout What driver are you using? Have you tried running vesa?

James C

#219 Post by James C »

Appears to be moving up........
Attachments
distrowatch ranking.png
(21.63 KiB) Downloaded 1906 times

runtt21

#220 Post by runtt21 »

Yes, but they had three releases today . That pushed our announcement off the list . We usually get a whole week but not this time.

The e17 guide has been updated.